Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n111430 said:
Foley dislikes buyouts and won't even glance at McElwain because his is a ridiculous $7.5M.
Foley isn't paying the buyouts. If boosters want to dig deeper in their pockets, he'll do what it takes.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Tcu is giving up 23 points a game

JohnCoctostan

Oct 27, 2014
williston_gator;n111445 said:
Dabo.........? Spurrier would have a heart attack.

Why in the hell would JF call Dabo? That guy can't win the ACC consistently with a lot of first round picks at his disposal. The lone time he won the conference he got destroyed by WVU in the Orange Bowl. Actually, he set a record for points given up in a BCS bowl. He has two coordinators who are paid over $1 million a year and yet manages to lose one to two games a year in a bad conference.

So, I ask, how is he supposed to be the coach to take us back to the top? Seriously? I really can not understand why his name comes up. He must have one hell of an agent. If JF hired Dabo, he should step down immediately. Average coach with above average talent. No thanks.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n111454 said:
They're only giving up 19 points a game

Against crappy teams. The two best offenses they faced, they gave up a combined 102 points. I will say their defense played great against Oklahoma though.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n111464 said:
Against crappy teams. The two best offenses they faced, they gave up a combined 102 points. I will say their defense played great against Oklahoma though.

Oklahoma's being coached by this guy.

Airplane-autopilot.jpg

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n111411 said:
Not that I would ever want to back t-gator up on anything, but Baylor's defense is ranked 14th in yards per game and 19th in points per game this year. Granted, it's against an AWFUL schedule, and the best offenses they faced (TCU & WVU) put up 58 and 41 on them, but they've been solid on defense this year.

But yeah, Briles isn't leaving Baylor. He's a Texas guy and Baylor is about the most pressure-free job in that state as far as college football is concerned.

Patterson is a Texas guy aswell and is making more money than briles

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n111468 said:
Has anyone mentioned Chip Kelly yet? He would be a really good one

Dan Marino supports Chip Kelly...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n111467 said:
Patterson is a Texas guy aswell and is making more money than briles

When they call Briles a Texas guy, they mean that he thinks Texas is God's Country and doesn't want to leave. He probably hates when they have out of state away games.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
alcoholica;n111097 said:
Shannon may be a viable DC candidate for the new HC. Has had some good defenses as a DC, and he's a good recruiter

Shannon ran very vanilla schemes at Miami. He just beat you with all that NFL talent.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n111475 said:
When they call Briles a Texas guy, they mean that he thinks Texas is God's Country and doesn't want to leave. He probably hates when they have out of state away games.

Lmao. That's funny. I don't think briles would leave. But i don't think he's any different than freeze or Patterson

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n111476 said:
Shannon ran very vanilla schemes at Miami. He just beat you with all that NFL talent.

Yeah, but when your D is filled with NFL talent like those Miami teams you don't need to run anything crazy. It does take a good coach to recognize that they don't have to put their defense at risk and can be vanilla because the talent level is so high.

With that said... I would be shocked if Shannon (former player and coach at UM) even sniffed the idea of being DC at UF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator