Status
Not open for further replies.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think we need a next coach confidence pool... rank who you think it will be on a scale of 1-10 and the date of annoucing the hire. Person with the right coach in the highest spot and closest date wins a Gatorsports T-shirt...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My want list (not in order)

Patterson - possibility, he has been at TCU a long time, but doesn't have the Texas connections like Briles does, so he may leave.
McElwain - buyout makes it unlikely, but I think he would be a great great hire
Stoops - I wonder how much energy he has left to really push a program at the top... he seems to underperform at OU, but I think he could do great things.
Chip Kelly - ah... to dream the dream... that's all it is
Brian Kelly - has done well at ND, but just lost to Northwestern...
Hudspeth - I believe that people who have a history of winning continue to win... he wins
Holliday - he is doing great things at Marshall and has a history at UF. Could be a fantastic hire. - oh... and is a great recruiter and Foley always likes to hire great recruiters (Zook and Muschamp)

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
JohnCoctostan;n111461 said:
Why in the hell would JF call Dabo? That guy can't win the ACC consistently with a lot of first round picks at his disposal. The lone time he won the conference he got destroyed by WVU in the Orange Bowl. Actually, he set a record for points given up in a BCS bowl. He has two coordinators who are paid over $1 million a year and yet manages to lose one to two games a year in a bad conference.

So, I ask, how is he supposed to be the coach to take us back to the top? Seriously? I really can not understand why his name comes up. He must have one hell of an agent. If JF hired Dabo, he should step down immediately. Average coach with above average talent. No thanks.

Definitely not on my short list, I hope he's not on Foley's.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n111489 said:
I think we need a next coach confidence pool... rank who you think it will be on a scale of 1-10 and the date of annoucing the hire. Person with the right coach in the highest spot and closest date wins a Gatorsports T-shirt...

lol

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n111483 said:
I doubt he is really a possibility. He has a 5 million buyout.

5 million buyout for Dabo? 5 million what, Peso's.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FootballScoop.com says that Holiday is "very much" a candidate and also says Shanny isn't interested regardless.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
TallyGator;n111508 said:
Bob Stoops (10) 12/1/2014

LFWEqAU.png

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n111468 said:
Has anyone mentioned Chip Kelly yet? He would be a really good one
Haven't heard that name yet, but I agree he would be a good fit here. Get it done Foley

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
oxrageous;n111455 said:
Foley isn't paying the buyouts. If boosters want to dig deeper in their pockets, he'll do what it takes.

I hope so. Another bad hire will cost more than any buyout. Seriously, there needs to be a blank check to get the right coach.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n111492 said:
Brian Kelly - has done well at ND, but just lost to Northwestern...
I love this kind of stuff. "Well, he just lost, so just erase his last decade of success." :lol:

We're losing our minds.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n111514 said:
I love this kind of stuff. "Well, he just lost, so just erase his last decade of success." :lol:

We're losing our minds.

We need a guy with a proven track record and one that has never lost, should be relatively easy to find.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I
oxrageous;n111514 said:

We're losing our minds.
Most on here have several to spare.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
SavannahGator;n111551 said:
Twenty pages in, do we need a fourth installment of this topic, Ox?

He let the last one go 40 pages. We need a coach quick or Ox will run out of room for these posts.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n111373 said:
Percey leaving and Adazzio doing the play calling.

You're also forgetting or discounting two other critical differences between 2008 and 2009. 1) Murphy, giving us an extra player to stretch the field and 2) Traut and Watkins on the OL.

I get the criticism of that 2009 offense, and Daz specifically. But how often does a team lose one of the dynamic players in the history(PH), arguably its best true WR, and two veteran linemen, and not take a step backwards? And throw in the QB being in a concussion-induced haze for 3-4 games.

When I hear people bashing that team, I think it lends credibility to Alacoholica's post about fans never really appreciating what Meyer brought to the table. It's almost as if they were waiting for that first year it was unsuccessful('05 gets a pass) so they could say it wouldn't work. Yes, we needed to reload, and we had some misses in recruiting. But that happens with every coach and in every system. See 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.