Not open for further replies.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n110819 said:
"Bloated" means 500 posts, when those using Tapatalk or ForumRunner can no longer see new posts.

Well, I'm still "in" before it's bloated! :dance2:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Guys, Foley clearly likes Shanahan. He's begged him every time we have had an opening.

Foley hires guys he likes, regardless of resume (see Zook). I doubt age will be an issue.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
OcalaGator83;n110835 said:
If somebody told me I had to put money on who the next coach was, I'd bet it was Shanahan too. He'll be available immediately after the FSU game, has connections to the program, won't disrupt anyone else's seasons, etc. Not saying I wish he was the guy or not, just trying to read the tea leaves like everybody else.

Still don't really see it, and he wouldn't be my first choice. But I will say that he's a guy that you'd have a hard time bombarding with negative and criticism. I'd be interested to see how he did. Wouldn't totally shock me if he was great. But if nothing else, it'd be a hire that we could all be "ok" with.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n110840 said:
Guys, Foley clearly likes Shanahan. He's begged him every time we have had an opening.

Foley hires guys he likes, regardless of resume (see Zook). I doubt age will be an issue.

Love him or hate him, I don't think resume is an issue with Shanahan.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatormac2112;n110843 said:
Yes! Im the 23rd post and beat the bloat :stars:

700-beat_the_bloat.jpg

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
soflagator;n110848 said:
Still don't really see it, and he wouldn't be my first choice. But I will say that he's a guy that you'd have a hard time bombarding with negative and criticism. I'd be interested to see how he did. Wouldn't totally shock me if he was great. But if nothing else, it'd be a hire that we could all be "ok" with.

Again, I'm not trying to sell anybody on it nor am I sold on the idea myself. But Foley has dropped a few breadcrumbs of what he'll be looking for, and its hard to see any disqualifiers in Shanahan. Like Law said above, Foley's gone after him before. Add to that what is, in my view, a pretty weak denial from Shanahan himself ("I'm not looking to coach college football at this time" is hardly a set in stone denial), and I think we have somebody worth paying attention to as this thing moves forward.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Re Shanahan: Absent catching Elway and Davis magic in a bottle twice, his career is merely OK, and he killed RG3 in DC (not a bad thing, by the way - I hate the 'Skins). But the biggest problem is his lack of anything even approaching recent college coaching experience. For the life of me I cannot imaging this guy on the recruiting grind, prostrating himself in front of arrogant high schoolers and their mommas and daddies. And, he looks like he's 89 years old.

There are many more candidates that would make more sense - even if Ox hasn't rummaged through their trash....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
When it comes to Shanahan, it all depends on the staff he would compile. He could probably put together a pretty good staff.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n110861 said:
When it comes to Shanahan, it all depends on the staff he would compile. He could probably put together a pretty good staff.

Ox the dumpster diver = Shanahan :nutswinger:

Hahaha.....

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I've got to believe that wearing his Super Bowl rings while visiting with recruits would count for something.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
EstebanRay;n110799 said:
Mike Wilbon said today on PTI that a bull gator said it's going to be Mike Shanahan supposedly this guy leaked that Urban was the guy before he was hired (although i'm pretty sure at the time that's what everyone was predicting)

We're screwed if it is...

JohnCoctostan

Oct 27, 2014
Kiffin would be a great hire if we were looking for someone who could get us in trouble with the NCAA while simultaneously running the program into the ground.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
JohnCoctostan;n110870 said:
Kiffin would be a great hire if we were looking for someone who could get us in trouble with the NCAA while simultaneously running the program into the ground.

It's a rare skill. Some guys win big but cheat like hell. Not everyone can be a record setting cheater but still lose like crazy.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JohnCoctostan;n110870 said:

:lmao:

It's funny because it's true....

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Shanahan's WR coach was Ike Hilliard. He prolly knows some good assistants.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NickdelaTorreGC: Lol RT @SSTRadio: BREAKING: Getting word now that Florida IS interested in talking to Alabama OC Lane Kiffin about their coaching ..,

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n110877 said:
@NickdelaTorreGC: Lol RT @SSTRadio: BREAKING: Getting word now that Florida IS interested in talking to Alabama OC Lane Kiffin about their coaching ..,
Tell me it wouldn't be just like Jeremy Foley to hire that man after what we just went through. He might literally have a mob with flaming torches in his front lawn if that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator