Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n110819 said:
"Bloated" means 500 posts, when those using Tapatalk or ForumRunner can no longer see new posts.

I use the apps, so I appreciate it.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n110879 said:
Tell me it wouldn't be just like Jeremy Foley to hire that man after what we just went through. He might literally have a mob with flaming torches in his front lawn if that happened.

How is that "just like Jeremy Foley"? Has he regularly hired guys with questionable ethics and integrity?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n110882 said:
How is that "just like Jeremy Foley"? Has he regularly hired guys with questionable ethics and integrity?
No, but he's made some awful football hires. The fact that Kiffin has no integrity and is a creep universally despised by the Gator Nation is beside the point - the guy has proven he CAN'T COACH by being fired twice, the last time literally canned in a parking lot and left for dead. It would be outrageous if he was even spoken to.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n110883 said:
No, but he's made some awful football hires. The fact that Kiffin has no integrity and is a creep is beside the point - the guy has proven he CAN'T COACH by being fired twice, the last time literally canned in a parking lot and left for dead. It would be outrageous if he was even spoken to.

I believe everything I read on Twitter too.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n110883 said:
No, but he's made some awful football hires. The fact that Kiffin has no integrity and is a creep is beside the point - the guy has proven he CAN'T COACH by being fired twice, the last time literally canned in a parking lot and left for dead. It would be outrageous if he was even spoken to.

Ox, you're insane of you think Foley would hire a guy like that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n110880 said:
If that's true, you woulda done it during the WM era.

Ironic, huh? Coach9 loves him some 4-8/6-6 Chimp but hates a guy with multiple Super Bowl rings. That makes sense.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n110879 said:
Tell me it wouldn't be just like Jeremy Foley to hire that man after what we just went through. He might literally have a mob with flaming torches in his front lawn if that happened.

Someone put out the hit before he does it...that's a joke of course...or is it...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n110886 said:
Ironic, huh? Coach9 loves him some 4-8/6-6 Chimp but hates a guy with multiple Super Bowl rings. That makes sense.

I cannot believe he doesn't have some relation to WM. There can be no other logical explanation for his endless support of him. Hell, even WM admitted freely that he didn't get the job done and was treated "right" with every opportunity to prove himself.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n110886 said:

What has he done recently? Anything?

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
7:25 p.m. – During an appearance on ESPN Radio’s SVP & Russillo show on Monday, NFL insider Chris Mortensen discussed the Florida opening with the program’s hosts. He made a similar comment to one OnlyGators.com wrote recently on Twitter and then talked about Notre Dame’s Chip Kelly and how he could be a candidate for the Gators.

“I think Jeremy Foley always thinks big. At the same time, I also heard him say today that he would like to get a coach in place by Christmas. The name that’s going to be always thrown out there in the NFL as of right now is Chip Kelly’s name. People want to say Jim Harbaugh, Chip Kelly is not leaving the Philadelphia Eagles early to be announced as the Florida coach. … Brett McMurphy reported Brian Kelly being one of the guys. The reason Brian Kelly is an interesting name – the Notre Dame coach – I’m hearing his name in NFL circles, so I do believe he’s probably a pretty serious candidate for the Florida job if he chooses to explore that. But he’s also in-season. That’s why you have agents to do that work. But there are NFL teams that look at Brian Kelly, see him as a CEO-type, a strength on the offensive side of the football. And Notre Dame, as great the tradition and the institution that it is, still has some restrictions. … That’s a name that I think people are looking at.”
It should be noted that Kelly and Mortensen – along with a bevy of other coaching candidates – are all represented by former Florida defensive end (now high-powered sports agent) Trace Armstrong, who still resides in Gainesville. If Kelly is indeed interested in going to the NFL – or simply getting a raise from the Fighting Irish – floating his name as a candidate for the Gators could certainly help get those desires accomplished.

7:20 p.m. – You know the UF coaching search is in full swing when an Atlanta Journal-Constitution writer cites a second-hand source – a booster of the Gators who is a friend of one of his friends who “knows a lot about college football” and “used to coach it” and is “in the Hall of Fame” – as saying in September that “Florida’s next coach would be Mike Shanahan.” Nevermind that Gators athletic director Jeremy Foley wanted absolutely nothing but for Muschamp to succeed and keep his job. Nevermind that Foley was so convinced Muschamp would turn things around that sources close to the program tell OnlyGators.com he did not even decide that candidates for the job would be necessary until after the Missouri loss. A friend of a friend told a writer in Georgia, at some point while Florida was 2-1 (at worst), that Shanahan – someone who has not coached college football in three decades and failed mightily at his last NFL stop – would be the next Gators coach. Alrighty then.

Read more: http://www.onlygators.com/florida-gators-coaching-search-update-ticker/#ixzz3JZ9cptcF
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Law98gator;n110886 said:

So you want Shanny here sunshine?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffen would be a disasterous hire. If foley pulls that crap he needs to be canned immediately. At least Shanahan would put together a pretty decent staff. We could do worse than MS. And that worse of a hire would be Lame Kitten.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It won't be Kiffin. Nobody knows anything right now. Sources are writers making stuff up to get clicks. I don't think it will be Shanahan either.

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
All this Chip Kelly talk how about Brian Kelly? I am hearing his name.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n110899 said:
So you want Shanny here sunshine?
Not particularly, but he's not a turd in a punchbowl like Chimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator