Status
Not open for further replies.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC;n111070 said:
I caught holy hell for calling Kiffin a "rising" candidate
Say what you will about Kiffen but he has been dialing up bullets with his play calling this year. Yeah I know he has the most talented players at several key positions but I've been really impressed with his offense at Bama. While I don't think he is a candidate for our job it won't be long before he is a HC again. Ther other thing is that he has been around Saban long enough to know how to cheat AND get away with it !!!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My sources say it's Bill Bellicheck. QB coach is going to be Tom Brady. DC is Dan Quinn. Special Teams Coach is none other than Urban Meyer. OC is Chip Kelley. Linebackers coach is Ray Lewis. Secondary coach and recruiting coordinator is Pete Carroll Carroll. Running backs coach is Emmitt Smith. Nothing confirmed yet.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n110994]Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Florida should consider Mike Shanahan[/QUOTE]

UF is a top tier destination for a head coach. We should be able to get an experienced head coach that understands the college game, that can recruit, and who can pull together and manage a great staff. I know of nothing to indicate that Shanahan meets the first two criteria. This is probably true of most NFL'ers.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
The one thing that keeps pulling me away from the so called "dark horse" hires is that we all know Foley has an ego. He's at an age now where its time to be thinking about legacy. The reality is he can't afford another 4 year project that turns out to be a bust. '

I expect him to swing for the fences and be a lot less reluctant to "settle" this time.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n110835 said:
If somebody told me I had to put money on who the next coach was, I'd bet it was Shanahan too. He'll be available immediately after the FSU game, has connections to the program, won't disrupt anyone else's seasons, etc. Not saying I wish he was the guy or not, just trying to read the tea leaves like everybody else.

Shanahan isn't going to be our next coach. Foley is not going to risk his legacy on someone that hasn't been active and winning. This is the "hire of Folley's career" and you can bet that it's going to be a coach Gator Nation, as a whole and the college football world will respect and support. Shanahan is a good coach, but, he's not what Foley and Gator Nation needs, right now.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n110991 said:
Ignore it and move on...it's better for everyone than to continually pick at the scab. They start because people are continuing to spew absolute hatred. It's time for everyone to move on.

Well said.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why am I not surprised some of you Mushchimp lovers would also be supporters of Mr. Get the Eff Out and Never Return to Campus (or the Raiders Facility) Kiffin?

You're like abused women who get out of one bad relationship but run back to the same bowling alley to find your next hot date.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n111130 said:
Why am I not surprised some of you Mushchimp lovers would also be supporters of Mr. Get the Eff Out and Never Return to Campus (or the Raiders Facility) Kiffin?

You're like abused women who get out of one bad relationship but run back to the same bowling alley to find your next hot date.

Really? These 2 are quite different. Only thing common is not successful HC. You make it sound like champ was a bad person. Champ cleaned up the program. Now unfortunately for champ we don't need a clean program as bad as we need a winning program. I'm down with some weed arrest for a SEC championship. Lets not get personal lives and work confused

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm all for lane kiffin if his wife is going to be the captain of the uf twerk team

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
WobbleGator;n111146 said:
No. Chip is also asking for you to stop staring at him through his window.

SQ8vCiJ.gif

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n111141 said:
Gary Patterson or bust.

My top choice also. I think he would be a great hire.

I absolutely would be shocked if Kiffin even sniffed this job. He has low character and is not a fit for the Gator Nation. Two things that Foley said he is looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member