Status
Not open for further replies.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
QueenCityGator;n113027 said:
[video=youtube;VnJJctwYWX4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnJJctwYWX4[/video]

WTF? I hope the coaching candidates don't see that.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n113032 said:
Sometimes I wonder if you're even serous.

He's got Lakeland Christian in the state semis.

He's was a Gator QB.

That's all I need.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
First of all, Foley didn't specify an offensive coach, he referenced a coach whose team had been successful offensively. Strong was that at Louisville. Re why he would leave Texas for Florida, are you serious? Strong has obvious ties to UF and recruits the state of Florida better than any of the coaches we're looking at. He'd be a PERFECT recruiting fit for the job.

^^^ 78 you basically said the same thing I did in a different way. I said he would be a perfect fit but I don't see him leaving this time around because we are a year to late. I guess you just wanted to argue for the sake of arguing? LOL Well, if that is the case, then yes, you are correct. Strong would be a perfect fit for us due to multiple reasons and one of them is because he is a great recruiter in the state of Florida. Furthermore, he knows our program inside and out because he has coached here for so long. He also had success on the offensive side of the ball (in other words, he doesn't get in the way of his OC...*wink*). Again, I don't see Strong leaving Texas because of the amount of money that program has in comparison to ours. Again, we are a top 5 program but Texas just has more money. With that said, there are other reasons why I don't see Strong leaving like the fact that he seems like a loyal person (which you did a good job in pointing out btw) coupled with the fact that the timing is all wrong. Soooo....in other words, I agree completely.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Brian Kelly didn't sound very interested in the job either

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jimbo Fisher with Jameis Winston transferring over. LoL

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n112890 said:
Kerwin Bell.
I like the Kerwin Bell idea but he'll never get a sniff.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The more I read about Gary Andersen, the more I want him to have a shot at the job. Not a sexy hire, but I think once recruits learn about how he's done, he'll be alright recruiting. I also think that he'd be forced to keep some assistants because of the recruiting aspects.So guys like TRob, Lawing and Summers may stay on staff. I think they are 3 of the best position coaches in college. Everyone talk about TRob's recruiting but look at our CB play under him. Andersen has successfully run various offenses and still had defensive success as well. Not a big splash name, but that could change if they keep winning. Whisky is still in the hunt for the Big 10 title. He almost had a win against LSU and a loss against Northwestern that looks better after Notre Dame's loss.

I think if he wins the Big 10, he would be a big enough splash to make the hire. I think he should be considered regardless. This is based on his success at prior stops. I have no idea if character issues exist.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only Gary Anderson that I know is the guy who kicked for about 30 years in the NFL.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's a defensive coach who's record is 47~37. Not terrible but not great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.