Not open for further replies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n113256 said:
The only Gary Anderson that I know is the guy who kicked for about 30 years in the NFL.
Replaced Bielema at Wisconsin. Coached at Utah State before that. He basically fixed Utah State and has improved upon Bielema at Whisky. I think he coached for Urban at Utah for a year and was the DC after Urban left. Has had plenty of offensive success.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n113258 said:
He's a defensive coach who's record is 47~37. Not terrible but not great

Look at where Utah State was when he took over and how they improved each year. Having great success in his second year at Wisconsin. He's not what everyone wants. I get that. He's not the big name, but would he be the best fit? He's turned around a mid major and has improved Wisconsin. Bielema left at 8-6. Andersen went 9-4 last year and is currently 8-2 with games remaining at Iowa and vs. Minnesota. So they have a real chance of ending up in the Big 10 Championship game. He's had success on both sides of the ball and has a track record of improving his teams. Again I have no idea what his character is like or what his buyout may be.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n113274 said:
Again I have no idea what his character is like or what his buyout may be.
Since his name will never come up (and thank God for that), it's irrelevant.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
Yeah.. I def would not be happy with a Gary Anderson hiring.. I don't want anything big 10 related lol

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We're 1,700 posts into this thread, so it's understandable that we've covered pretty much anyone.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We probably have covered everyone like you say since Coordinators should be off the table this time.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n113276 said:
Since his name will never come up (and thank God for that), it's irrelevant.

Why would he be such a bad hire in your opinion? Can you provide reasons?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coordinators are not off the list. Bad coordinators who got fired by SOS and Dawgs who believe in Dooley ball should be off the list. Some top coordinators are better candidates than mediocre coaches.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n113288 said:
Coordinators are not off the list. Bad coordinators who got fired by SOS and Dawgs who believe in Dooley ball should be off the list. Some top coordinators are better candidates than mediocre coaches.

I highly doubt Foley would risk hiring a college coordinator now after what happened and knowing the fans likely reaction but nothing is guaranteed I guess.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 4h4 hours ago

Coach I could see intriguing #Florida brass: Gary Andersen. Doing well at WISC & heard he's highly regarded by key ppl w #UF connections.

Always curious who these key ppl are

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll call it now. It's going to be Chip Kelley. At least that's what my source is telling me.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Chip Kelly would have to finish out the season PLUS the playoffs, unless he wants to up and abandon the team early.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n113314 said:
Chip Kelly would have to finish out the season PLUS the playoffs, unless he wants to up and abandon the team early.

Would losing this years recruiting class be a price we're willing to pay for landing Kelly? How many kids would line up anyway? Would be an interesting Dynamic.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n113317 said:
Would losing this years recruiting class be a price we're willing to pay for landing Kelly? How many kids would line up anyway? Would be an interesting Dynamic.
No, it would be worth it. :lol: I'd just be shocked if it happened. The only reason it would ever happen would be if Kelly has decided he hates the pro game. He's having a lot of success and the fans love him up there.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n113314 said:

With Sanchez in there now they might not have to worry about the playoffs.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
If Kelly has decided that he prefers the college game to the pros we'd have a real shot. It would be his perfect opportunity to jump back into the college game. A premier program with all the athletes needed to run his system within a 300 mile radius. Where his mind is, is the $7million a year question.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n113308 said:
I'll call it now. It's going to be Chip Kelley. At least that's what my source is telling me.

So, we're not afraid of this?
  • Chip Kelly - A former head coach at Oregon who is now the head coach for the NFL's Philadelphia Eagles. The penalties include three lost scholarships, probation for three years, and an 18 month show-cause against former HC Chip Kelly. The NCAA also reduced Oregon's official paid visits from 56 to 37 for the next three academic years, reduced its evaluation days for each of the next three seasons and banned the program from using recruiting services during the probation period. The NCAA has been looking into Oregon's recruiting practices since questions arose over a 2010 payment of $25,000 to Willie Lyles and his Houston-based recruiting service, Complete Scouting Services. The infractions committee found that Lyles provided cash and free lodging to a Lache Seastrunk, and engaged in impermissible calls and off-campus contact with prospects, their families and high school coaches. It also said the football program allowed staff members to engage in recruiting activity, exceeding coaching limits.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Law98gator;n113288 said:

Muschamp was a top coordinator. Any coordinator with zero head coaching experience is a big risk, especially a defensive one.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
aka;113324 said:
So, we're not afraid of this?
  • Chip Kelly - A former head coach at Oregon who is now the head coach for the NFL's Philadelphia Eagles. The penalties include three lost scholarships, probation for three years, and an 18 month show-cause against former HC Chip Kelly. The NCAA also reduced Oregon's official paid visits from 56 to 37 for the next three academic years, reduced its evaluation days for each of the next three seasons and banned the program from using recruiting services during the probation period. The NCAA has been looking into Oregon's recruiting practices since questions arose over a 2010 payment of $25,000 to Willie Lyles and his Houston-based recruiting service, Complete Scouting Services. The infractions committee found that Lyles provided cash and free lodging to a Lache Seastrunk, and engaged in impermissible calls and off-campus contact with prospects, their families and high school coaches. It also said the football program allowed staff members to engage in recruiting activity, exceeding coaching limits.

Nope. Not worried. It's common that schools pay recruiting services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator