Not open for further replies.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n119968 said:
Great rushing attack, but also formidable through the air. The type of balanced attack that wins titles, imo. And yes, the score could've been worse that night.

His current team is averaging 326 yards per game passing this year. I think we could combine the last 3 seasons and not have that much.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n119959 said:
So Foley wants to hire someone who just lost to Air Force. Interesting.

Sounds like he may have been distracted. Hmm.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He is on Dooley's elimination list so I don't think he is a real possibility. I actually think those names are one of the few things Dooley is right about and being given good info but you never know I guess. The UAA probably floated this to throw people off again.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
williston_gator;n119964 said:
He looks like Jim Bob Duggar lol

I'd give you a good laugh at the fact that you know who that is, if I weren't so busy shaking my head at the fact that I know who that is.:facepalm:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
If this really is the guy we are going to hire then criticism aimed at Foley is warranted.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n119976 said:
You mean if they didn't call off the dogs in the 3rd quarter, they were treating us like we used to treat Kentucky.

Well, the 4th quarter, but yes.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n119988 said:
I'd give you a good laugh at the fact that you know who that is, if I weren't so busy shaking my head at the fact that I know who that is.:facepalm:

Ha! My wife loves that show. I can't avoid it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
chferg;n119990 said:
If this really is the guy we are going to hire then criticism aimed at Foley is warranted.

Based on what exactly?

He took over a terrible program and immediately made them competitive. Ton of similarities between this potential hire and what we landed in 2004.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n119996 said:
Based on what exactly?

He took over a terrible program and immediately made them competitive. Ton of similarities between this potential hire and what we landed in 2004.

No Meyer had more than one good year. And Meyer did at two schools.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n119996 said:
Based on what exactly?

Maybe even better than 2004, as that guy had zero SEC experience and had not worked under the best in the game for 4 years, while in the SEC. I like McElwain fine, I'm fairly certain our days of complete ineptness and cluelessness on offense would be over.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer also had a friggin' undefeated season.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n119991 said:
Well, the 4th quarter, but yes.

At 26-13 in the 3rd (9:53 mark McElroy to Peek) we all knew that game was over. Or was the following Florida possession, Complete pass 9 yards, 5 yard rush, sack, incomplete, incomplete, punt. And Alabama knew it too. The following Alabama possession they started running on almost every play Richardson, Ingram, and Upchurch. It was the 3rd that game was over.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
One thing I've learned so far is that while I have little confidence in Foley, I have none at all in about 95% of fans in general. I think if we hired Jesus Christ himself, some of you would levy criticism that he's too old, hasn't done anything lately, is a middle aged white guy, too nice, no killer instinct, "not a home-run hire" and so on.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n120005 said:
One thing I've learned so far is that while I have little confidence in Foley, I have none at all in about 95% of fans in general. I think if we hired Jesus Christ himself, some of you would levy criticism that he's too old, hasn't done anything lately, is a middle aged white guy, too nice, no killer instinct, "not a home-run hire" and so on.
Welcome to fan message boards. You just learning this? Expect huge wails once the hire is made, no matter who it is.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n119982 said:
I'm sure recruits will swarm for a middle aged white guy from a school in Colorado they have never heard of.

This a good point. We're going to eat these next few recruiting classes

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone keep in mind what our program needs. It needs someone who can make our offense into something logical, coherent and effective, and eventually dominant. Our defense is going to be just fine. Nothing in McElwains background tells us he won't be able to field an oftense that can win in the SEC.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He knows how to develop players and scheme to win. He knows the SEC and he probably recruited a lot of the Bama talent while there and they recruit Florida. This would be a good hire IMO

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The Original DC;n120002 said:
Maybe even better than 2004, as that guy had zero SEC experience and had not worked under the best in the game for 4 years, while in the SEC. I like McElwain fine, I'm fairly certain our days of complete ineptness and cluelessness on offense would be over.

Not to say he would be a good or bad hire, but we also just dumped a guy that worked under Saban for years so I am not sure that should be a top priority to think he is going to be good.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n119826 said:
No more defensive head coaches. We need an offensive guy. That Auburn-Bama game tells you all you need to know where the game is headed even here in the SEC.

Trust in Foley?
Does it really? Just wondering cause a couple years ago when banner hammered us everyone wanted to switch to power run I stuff cause the spread will not work. Now the spread is hip again. I'd like for us to be the trend setters again instead of trying to copy others, always being one step behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator