Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
McElwain is 10-2 this year at Colorado State. Coached under Saban from 2008-2011, part of two national title winning teams, 52 years old. Colorado State was 4-8 before his arrival, they're 22-16 since he's been there.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
williston_gator;n119922 said:
@onlygators: RT @TravHaneyESPN: I've been told there's mutual interest between Malzahn & Muschamp. Would be a formidable pair on respective sides of ball

Williston, I've told you before I'm a big fan and immediately click on any news thread when I see your post because I assume you'll have an update. But you're killing me with these "Muschamp updates" here. :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n119945 said:
I just don't see Foley paying that 7.5 million dollar buyout.

I don't know how much of it is true, but money shouldn't be an issue if they feel it is the right guy. Just like it should be that different than any other coach we have discussed. So 7.5 over a few years, wouldn't be that much to bite off, and would make sense if the annual salary isn't as much as another candidate.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Bullag8r;n119939 said:
8:25 p.m. – Pat Forde of Yahoo! Sports, citing multiple sources, reports that Colorado State’s Jim McElwain “has emerged as a leading candidate for the Florida vacancy.” Per Forde, “Information has been gathered on McElwain by Florida officials since the school announced two weeks ago that Will Muschamp would not return as coach, sources said. It is unclear how many other candidates may be involved. Sources said Mississippi coach Hugh Freeze was among those on Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley’s radar, but McElwain’s name may be at the top of the list.”

Read more: http://www.onlygators.com/florida-ga...#ixzz3KbbF6Bgp
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive

I've been saying for some time that I think he is not only a real option, but also potentially a really good one. His resume of talent development, and his years under a great HC should make him a solid head coach. Especially given the other names thrown out recently, I like it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n119950 said:
I don't know how much of it is true, but money shouldn't be an issue if they feel it is the right guy. Just like it should be that different than any other coach we have discussed. So 7.5 over a few years, wouldn't be that much to bite off, and would make sense if the annual salary isn't as much as another candidate.

Possibly but I don't think that is how Foley operates. I think he would only pay a real big one for one of the top guys. I wonder if it could be reduced with threat of a lawsuit. That is a crazy buyout considering what he makes now.

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
soflagator;n119952 said:
I've been saying for some time that I think he is not only a real option, but also potentially a really good one. His resume of talent development, and his years under a great HC should make him a solid head coach. Especially given the other names thrown out recently, I like it.

Does it bother you that he looks like the soda vendor from the Dr. Pepper college football playoff commercials?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n119952 said:

His 2009 Bama offense still sticks in my head as he made our historically excellent defense look average, racking up nearly 500 yards against us in the SECCG. Exposed Ryan Stamper repeatedly.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorStompin';n119955 said:
Does it bother you that he looks like the soda vendor from the Dr. Pepper college football playoff commercials?

Really? No, hadn't noticed that. :lol:

But I do see a guy who looks like a real head coach.

uspw_6735332-1.jpg

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Gator Fever;n119959 said:
So Foley wants to hire someone who just lost to Air Force. Interesting.
Bill Belichick lost today too, he sucks, we don't need him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The Original DC;n119957 said:
His 2009 Bama offense still sticks in my head as he made our historically excellent defense look average, racking up nearly 500 yards against us in the SECCG. Exposed Ryan Stamper repeatedly.

Great rushing attack, but also formidable through the air. The type of balanced attack that wins titles, imo. And yes, the score could've been worse that night.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
He might be a good hire. But zero buzz. Don't know about his recruiting chops.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not a good fit at all imo but it's an upgrade. I like him better than Mora or Graham. Not exactly the flashy offense that's going to sway recruits from fsu and bama but atleast we would be more balanced. Not a great hire. I'd say he'd be a mediocre at best hire

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Harsins would be a better choice for here

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n119963 said:
Bill Belichick lost today too, he sucks, we don't need him.

Exactly. He does seem to score a lot but the competition isn't too stiff. They did win @BC however which is a good win on the road.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n119968 said:
Great rushing attack, but also formidable through the air. The type of balanced attack that wins titles, imo. And yes, the score could've been worse that night.

You mean if they didn't call off the dogs in the 3rd quarter, they were treating us like we used to treat Kentucky.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@TravHaneyESPN: Freeze and McElwain have been prime targets for Florida throughout process. I haven't been told anything contrary to that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was hoping we'd get someone who runs an uptempo spread offense. Miami Georgia fsu Alabama all run a pro style, I wish we could offer something different to recruits.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure recruits will swarm for a middle aged white guy from a school in Colorado they have never heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator