Not open for further replies.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n120154 said:
He choke on Air Force to get knocked out of conference contention. We need someone who can step up and win big games. Freeze may not be perfect, but at least we know he can play the big boys.

And Vince Lombardi's Packers got blown out by the winless Chargers once. When y'all find that undefeated coach who has never lost a game, let me know, he'll be my guy too.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Gatoravatara;n120154 said:
He choke on Air Force to get knocked out of conference contention. We need someone who can step up and win big games. Freeze may not be perfect, but at least we know he can play the big boys.

But Freeze is ok after getting shut out by the Hogs?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n120151 said:
The last close up look I had of McElwain's offense he was shredding a Florida defense with about 10 NFL starters; Major Wright, Janoris Jenkins, Joe Haden, Brandon Spikes, Jay Howard, Jon Bostic, Josh Evans, Jermaine Cunningham, Justin Trattou, Ahmad Black, and I'm sure I'm missing some.

Let's not act like McElwain is some bum who has never coached productive offenses at a big time level.

So you've only seen one of bamas games when he was the oc there? And he also had a ton of nfl players to work with aswell on his side. Only difference is our players was still drunk from the night before

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
alcoholica;n120156 said:
Law posted something about how the $7.5MM buyout may not be enforceable. I couldn't find it, but maybe he'll be kind enough to lay the logic out again.

What I've seen was the previous AD had made promises of Stadium improvements. Apparently the new guy is dragging his feet on that, which provides an out in the contract.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n120162 said:
So you've only seen one of bamas games when he was the oc there? And he also had a ton of nfl players to work with aswell on his side. Only difference is our players was still drunk from the night before

You're right, he sucked at Bama. Amazing they were able to win two, nearly three national titles in his four years there, despite his inept offenses.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gatoravatara;n120121 said:
This is not accurate. 8-6 is no good for Florida. 10-2 playing cupcakes, loosing to Air Force does not make me comfortable. Urbs was kicking ass for 4 years. 10-2 his first year at Utah vs 4-8 first year at CSU. Second year Urbs 12-0 vs 8-6. No comparison. You must be comparing him to Muschamp.

Wow, where to begin?

No where did I imply that 8-6 was good for UF.

Urbs was 17-6 after his first 2 seasons.

And I have no idea why you're trying to compare Meyer's 4th season with McElwain's 2nd. Yes, it was Meyer's 2nd year at Utah, but it was his 4th year as a head coach. We don't know what JM's 4th season would look like because he's not there yet. But logic would suggest the best comparison would be his most recent, most experienced year, which would be 2014. He was 10-2.

Again, I'm not saying he's the next Meyer. I don't see anyone out there that is on that level. But in terms of taking over bad programs and turning them around very quickly, JM fits that mold. And mathematically, based on his improvement each season, there's at least a pattern that would indicate a11-1/12-0 type season next year if he were to stay at CSU.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n120164 said:
You're right, he sucked at Bama. Amazing they were able to win two, nearly three national titles in his four years there, despite his inept offenses.

I'm not saying his offense sucks dude I'm saying they were boring and he doesn't excite me .

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bama has the best defense in the country every year, how many games did their offense have to carry them. I could the oc at bama with an oline and running backs all 5star recruits and the best defense in the country behind me yeah,I'd say just about any oc is gonna look good in that situation

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n120137 said:
Yea I don't get it. We just fired a saban disciple. Why wouldn't we try to get away from that style of play

We fired a coordinator with no HC experience.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n120175 said:
We fired a coordinator with no HC experience.

So they both didn't work for saban for multiple years?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The Original DC;n120164 said:

The "nearly" instance was with John Parker Wilson at QB, and 2 of the others were with a guy that spent about 18 months in the NFL and went right to analysis/commentary. He also ran the offense that guys like Julio Jones and Trent Richardson spurned UF for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.