SOURCES: Coaching rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gator Jon

Founding Member
Founding Member
So just to recap the previous 2,569 posts.... Ox's 35th "Good Source" says it is going to be Hugh Freeze???

Well hell that's good enough for me. I'm calling Vegas.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
One interesting game: CSU beat Boston College by 3 on the road.
FSU beat Boston College by 3 at HOME.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Both gyuys have done great things at their schools. I would be glad to have either as they would be an upgrade to what we had in WM. I just get the feeling with Freeze that he sniffs a championship and ****'s the bed. Not sure if he gets over that hump. Is it a talent thing? Coaching? Inexperience as a HC? I don't know. It's just a gut feeling I have. Perhaps my doctor can diagnose it as what I am sure to be Muschampitis.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n120202 said:
Playing and winning in the SEC in Mississippi does not equal playing cupcakes each week and losing to Air Force.
So obvious it hurts.

This guy actually HAS coached in the SEC and frankly his offense put everyone involved to sleep. I don't really care what video game stats he's produced in a laughable league in which everyone puts up video game stats.

The only one excited about this offense will be future kickers.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Freeze wants the job it's his. Simple as that. McElwain is a fallback option.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n120262 said:
If Freeze wants the job it's his. Simple as that. McElwain is a fallback option.
He's a terrible fallback option. Embarrassing.

You'll understand why we panic. We just endured a year of Daz as acting HC followed by 4 years of a dwag who had one winning SEC season... yet still somehow got extended twice and an extra year after he got blown out at home on homecoming and lost to Georgia Southern.

It's entirely possible that our AD will fvkk this one up just as badly as all his others.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law, from what I've always been told Freeze is expected to take our offer. No doubt they gauged his interest beforehand. That doesn't mean he couldn't change his mind though.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n120220 said:
How about some of these stats. CSU is 7th in the nation in passing offense, 3rd in passing efficiency, and 13th in total offense.

http://stats.ncaa.org/team/index/11980?org_id=156.0

Yup. Sounds like some putrid, boring offense...Remind me again how his offense faired against the Mighty Gators in 2009, 2010, and 2011?

I for one, wasn't bored at all when I was screaming at the television while the Tide was moving up and down the field against our defense.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Damage control.

@GatorZoneFB: Statement from UAA: We will have no comment on the recent multiple reports other than to say that we have made no job offers to anyone and reports claiming that are false. #Gators

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n120272 said:
it is shockingly bad. I'll be honest, I was on the fence about Freeze. But at least we know he can win big games. I can see him, with our talent upgrade, leading us to division titles quickly. I dont think he will struggle with KY, Vandy, and USC. This other dude, I'm just not into at all. One guy stepped up this weekend and won a big game to a highly ranked rival; the other guy just lost to Air Force. Quite frankly if you look at Air Force's schedule they are 9-3 and have better wins in their conference; they beat Boise State and CSU. Their 9-3> than CSU's 10-2. Not impressive at all.

Wow...you are REALLY hung up on that Air Force game. Yeah that sucks but it's one game. What IS impressive is that he took a team that went 3-8 for THREE years in a row before he arrived and has them at 10-2 three years later. That's a hell of a turn around, don't you think? How can you ignore that and just continue to scream AIR FORCE at the top of your lungs? 3-8 for three years before he arrived. After he arrived 4-8, 8-4, 10-2.

Last week everyone was bitching that Freeze was shut out against Arky...he was over rated...blah, blah, blah and just as I predicted, if he beat Miss State all that talk would stop. Now everyone's all in on Freeze.

I prefer Freeze too, but this guy is not last resort, Zookish fall back. He's actually accomplished as a OC in the SEC and has completely turned around a sh!t program as a HC.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting comment from Dooley.

@pat_dooley: The circus has been in town for about a week. That's what Foley wanted to avoid but knew was inevitable. Back channel convos get leaked.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n120333 said:
Interesting comment from Dooley.

@pat_dooley: The circus has been in town for about a week. That's what Foley wanted to avoid but knew was inevitable. Back channel convos get leaked.

Now I'm convinced freeze and mclwain are smokescreens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.