And how is that a great evil?

I figured we'd move in a different direction

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n120162 said:
So you've only seen one of bamas games when he was the oc there? And he also had a ton of nfl players to work with aswell on his side. Only difference is our players was still drunk from the night before

Just curious, how many times have you actually watch CSU games since he's been there? Also, have you had a chance to see them live? You'd have a strong feeling about him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What an awful hire he would be. And pay 7.5 mm to get him. Wow.

Id rather keep an interim until a homerun coach was available.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n120178 said:
So they both didn't work for saban for multiple years?

They did. Are you actually suggesting that this is a bad thing?

If the argument was "because he worked for Saban" then yes, I'd have a problem with it, especially if it were just a coordinator. But the fact that a guy took on a putrid program and immediately turned them around, as a Head Coach, is what makes him intriguing. His time under Saban is more about having some experience in the SEC and winning several titles. Sorry, but there is no comparison.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n120167 said:
Yes. He has actually beat two good teams. Who has this dude beaten? Not Air Force. Hogs shut out LSU too. No comparison.

Talent is what talent does. You can't compare the two coaches based off who they beat and lost too. Your argument is moot.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n120192 said:
Just curious, how many times have you actually watch CSU games since he's been there? Also, have you had a chance to see them live? You'd have a strong feeling about him.

I haven't watched a lot at csu. I'm going off what I seen at bama. Like I said, I didn't say he sucked. I said they weren't exciting offenses and I was hoping for a different style of play. I'll talk myself into liking him if he's our guy I promise I won't be this miserable.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
And nv, why in the hell would I be watching Colorado st football?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sofla on point as usual. I would add, he's offensive-oriented, which means he wont do dumb **** like punt instead of throwing a hail-mary or trying a 53-yard FG with 7 seconds left in the half, or run three straight plays to give your defense a rest, etc. I personally believe the report that Freeze is mulling his options as our first choice, but I also believe McElwain is leaps and bounds better than Muschamp and is a solid candidate.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n120202 said:
Playing and winning in the SEC in Mississippi does not equal playing cupcakes each week and losing to Air Force.

You're playing in the SEC with SEC talent. You're playing in the MWC with MWC talent. What part of that don't you get?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That CSU program went 3-9 three seasons in a row before McElwain got there. He has done a tremendous job.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n120170 said:
Bama has the best defense in the country every year, how many games did their offense have to carry them. I could the oc at bama with an oline and running backs all 5star recruits and the best defense in the country behind me yeah,I'd say just about any oc is gonna look good in that situation

Ok, but why are those 5* offensive players there in the first place? That's almost like minimizing Meyer's accomplishments in 2007-2008 because of the array of talent he had.

And that still doesn't explain taking a disaster in CSU and making them a 10-11 win team in 3 years.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n120206 said:
Sofla on point as usual. I would add, he's offensive-oriented, which means he wont do dumb **** like punt instead of throwing a hail-mary or trying a 53-yard FG with 7 seconds left in the half, or run three straight plays to give your defense a rest, etc. I personally believe the report that Freeze is mulling his options as our first choice, but I also believe McElwain is leaps and bounds better than Muschamp and is a solid candidate.

You do make some good points he's going to an upgrade.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n120203 said:
I haven't watched a lot at csu. I'm going off what I seen at bama. Like I said, I didn't say he sucked. I said they weren't exciting offenses and I was hoping for a different style of play. I'll talk myself into liking him if he's our guy I promise I won't be this miserable.

You questioned DC about only seeing one game when he was at Bama. You inferred you had watched more of his coaching to draw a better conclusion. I can personally tell you I've watched CSU multiple times since he's been there, as well as Air Force, and I've seen them live. That's why I was asking.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n120219 said:
You questioned DC about only seeing one game when he was at Bama. You inferred you had watched more of his coaching to draw a better conclusion. I can personally tell you I've watched CSU multiple times since he's been there, as well as Air Force, and I've seen them live. That's why I was asking.

Well what do you think? Is he more aggressive like petrino or is his offense more conservative like you would see at Bama?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n120223 said:
Well what do you think? Is he more aggressive like petrino or is his offense more conservative like you would see at Bama?

He's aggressive and balanced. As others have said, he's a developer of talent which is what we desperately need. He's got HC experience. He's got a great RB this year as well as a LT that I believe will be a 1st Rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.