SOURCES: While not yet public, Will Muschamp has been fired * SECOND UPDATE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Ray Finkle;n88109 said:
So Foley is rubbing Muschamp's nose in the dog crap he made. I doubt it, but it is a fitting perspective for the uga agent conspirators

No, not at all. It's like Foley is rubbing ALL of our noses in it. In all seriousness please explain to me why this is being drug out ?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Concrete Helmet;88113 said:
Ray Finkle;n88109 said:
So Foley is rubbing Muschamp's nose in the dog crap he made. I doubt it, but it is a fitting perspective for the uga agent conspirators
No, not at all. It's like Foley is rubbing ALL of our noses in it. In all seriousness please explain to me why this is being drug out ?
I have no answer. I'd say two or three do right now

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Does anybody know if it affects the buyout whether or not he makes it until the end of the year ? Douglas78 said we can't contact coaches from other schools until the end of the season. If that is correct it kind of puts us behind in the time aspect of the search. Either way it is putting us WAY behind in recruiting as if we needed any help with that already. Please god don't let us become UT !!!!

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n88078 said:
But if the info is false, wouldn't the bitching and moaning be warranted?
How is the info false? You don't know if it is or isn't, and neither do I.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Concrete Helmet;88123 said:
Does anybody know if it affects the buyout whether or not he makes it until the end of the year ? Douglas78 said we can't contact coaches from other schools until the end of the season. If that is correct it kind of puts us behind in the time aspect of the search. Either way it is putting us WAY behind in recruiting as if we needed any help with that already. Please god don't let us become UT !!!!
You can't contact a coach, but every coach has people. I'll have my people contact your people kind of thing. We won't fully become UT and we may and probably will take a hit in recruiting this year. I can't answer the buyout question. If he gets paid monthly then yes, we would owe more by firing him now. That's the way I see it, but the difference would be pretty small in the grand scheme of things.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n88133 said:
How is the info false? You don't know if it is or isn't, and neither do I.

Which is why I said"if". I have no idea and don't really care enough to even try to find out if it is factual.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I did come up with the term T-bro for T. I need advice from one of you lawyers to see if I have a case against this "tebro" fella

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n88163 said:
Driskel has a spiral fracture.

But yet he is still going to be on the field and play in some part of the game?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.si.com/college-football/2...ching-carousel
FLORIDA

Perception: This should be easy, right? Athletic director Jeremy Foley will tab former Gators offensive coordinator Dan Mullen as his next head coach. Mullen has led Mississippi State to the No. 1 ranking, and he’d bring to Gainesville many of the things Muschamp lacks -- extensive SEC head coaching experience, a distinguished offensive pedigree and polish with the media. (There was even ahiredanmullen.com, until Mullen spoke out against it.)

Reality: It’s much more complicated. It would be considered a major surprise if Foley even calls Mullen. Foley advised Mullen against taking the Mississippi State job when he left Florida in December 2008 (considering the century of bad football in Starkville that probably wasn’t bad advice). The two don’t have a bad relationship, but its more neutral than chummy. Foley hiring Mullen would be an admission that he made a mistake in overlooking him last time. The Florida brass would also likely have to welcome back Mullen’s co-offensive coordinators, Billy Gonzales and John Hevesy, neither of whom exited Florida on the greatest terms (Gonzales bolted for LSU and Hevesy left with Mullen for Mississippi State. So did operations guru Jon Clark, who would surely come along). The feeling here is that if Mullen ends up getting hired, it happens because someone from the outside pressures Foley. So that means it’s unlikely.
Mullen wasn’t exactly beloved during his time at Florida, as fans called for his job and administrators were ambivalent. Foley isn’t itching for a tie to the Urban Meyer era, either. Some of this comes down to Foley’s ego and whether he can swallow his pride. The guess from almost every corner is that Mullen won’t get the job.

​Perception: In the watered-down SEC East, Florida’s a quick fix.

Reality: Florida could easily be back atop the East in two years if it makes the right hire and finds a competent quarterback. But the Gators have coasted on the notion that “It’s Florida” for too long. That certainly worked when Tim Tebow was gashing defenses and Meyer led the Gators to national titles in 2006 and ‘08. But Florida has failed to keep up in the facility game. Florida’s stadium is iconic, but the rest of its football facilities are considered from pedestrian to poor by SEC standards. Florida upgraded its practice fields this summer, but it still lacks the type of gaudy stand-alone football facility, with indoor space, that have become commonplace in the SEC. Florida is looking into whether to build an indoor facility to catch up to its SEC peers, but nothing has been formalized.Foley is one of the best athletic directors in America, but this is one of the areas where he’s missed.

Who is next? Expect Foley to make another run at Oklahoma’s Bob Stoops. But there’s nothing to indicate Stoops will take the job this time. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze is an intriguing candidate, but Foley is plugged in enough to have concerns about reports that the NCAA is looking into the Rebels program.
Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez has the offensive ingenuity and head coaching success to fit in Gainesville, but the low-key Rodriguez and hard-driving Foley seem like an odd couple. Rodriguez’s success recruiting Florida while at West Virginia would be a plus, but he’d likely need a staff upgrade. It’s debatable if he’d do that.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
601Gator;n88178 said:
Belive what you want.
I am a part of the 601 following
zoltan1.jpg

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n88178 said:
Belive what you want.

I think it's a fair question. Where is the spiral factor? Leg, arm? That may make a difference...wondering if you got that info.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't know the NCAA was looking into the Rebels program.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;88195 said:
I think it's a fair question. Where is the spiral factor? Leg, arm? That may make a difference...wondering if you got that info.
His passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member