Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
WobbleGator;n94156 said:
You hate Stoops. We got it.
Dont hate him. Just don't want him as Florida's coach. The winning formula has been offensive geniuses.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n94161 said:
Dont hate him. Just don't want him as Florida's coach. The winning formula has been offensive geniuses with head coaching experience.

FIFY

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n94140 said:
Stoops is NOT coming.
You still can't give us your reasoning as to why not. Just because he won't? He's a legitimate candidate, the only one we KNOW Foley will pursue.

I can tell you this: If we hire Stoops, I'm going to shove your posts about him so far up your butt they'll be tickling your tonsils.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n94164 said:
You still can't give us your reasoning as to why not. Just because he won't? He's a legitimate candidate, the only one we KNOW Foley will pursue.

I can tell you this: If we hire Stoops, I'm going to shove your posts about him so far up your butt they'll be tickling your tonsils.

Well I would be happy with the hire so you'd be shoving them up a happy as hell poster. Have at you.

Reasoning? The guy's been there what 15-16 years? He spent two quick seasons here. Give me a break already. Why would he leave? He's a GOD there. Give me another instance in CFB history where a coach left a situation like that after 15 yrs to take over another school. I'll hang up and wait...

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n94167 said:
I'll take one of those in a heartbeat. Name one you think is a realistic opportunity of landing.

Holgorsen, Rich Rod, Petrino

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n94168 said:
Well I would be happy with the hire so you'd be shoving them up a happy as hell poster. Have at you.

Reasoning? The guy's been there what 15-16 years? He spent two quick seasons here. Give me a break already. Why would he leave? He's a GOD there. Give me another instance in CFB history where a coach left a situation like that after 15 yrs to take over another school. I'll hang up and wait...

SOS was at UF for 12 years and then moved on.

Petersen was at Boise St for 8 years before moving on to Washington.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n94168 said:

I don't think the fact that he coached here in the 90's is a reason he'd leave. Hell, that's a reason for FOLEY, not Stoops - since Foley is always so hung up on having former Gator coaches.

I think being there so long is also a reason he'd leave, not stay. People like a change of scenery. He also has a chip on his shoulder about the SEC, and may want to take on the challenge.

Next - MONEY. He'd get a raise and God knows how many more perks. I want to also say that I think his kids are grown or nearly grown by now, so it's not like he's moving little kids across the country.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n94173 said:
SOS was at UF for 12 years and then moved on.

Petersen was at Boise St for 8 years before moving on to Washington.

SOS went to the NFL...not even close. Petersen was not at a school like OU or ND or UF or Texas. He was at a second class school.

Neither of yours is even close to the same.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n94179 said:
I don't think the fact that he coached here in the 90's is a reason he'd leave. Hell, that's a reason for FOLEY, not Stoops - since Foley is always so hung up on having former Gator coaches.

I think being there so long is also a reason he'd leave, not stay. People like a change of scenery. He also has a chip on his shoulder about the SEC, and may want to take on the challenge.

Next - MONEY. He'd get a raise and God knows how many more perks. I want to also say that I think his kids are grown or nearly grown by now, so it's not like he's moving little kids across the country.

I feel your post is filled more with hope than logic. Sure, there's a slim chance he might come here but OU will pony up the money to keep him. Most of his recruiting ties are Okie and Texas. This is a pipe dream. You're setting yourself up for a huge let down...you know that, right?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
T REX;n94215 said:
I feel your post is filled more with hope than logic. Sure, there's a slim chance he might come here but OU will pony up the money to keep him. Most of his recruiting ties are Okie and Texas. This is a pipe dream. You're setting yourself up for a huge let down...you know that, right?

Nothing wrong with dreaming. Who is your dream coach? After all, thats all anyone is doing at this point....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n94225 said:
Nothing wrong with dreaming. Who is your dream coach? After all, thats all anyone is doing at this point....

I'd take Stoops in a second...don't get me wrong. Funny you say that as I was going to add the third group to our fanbase...the pumpers, the negators, and now...the dreamers. We're a top 5 job easily considering all the factors. However, when you really look at the list of top guys...they aren't leaving most likely. Foley may pull a coup for all I know but the realistic side of me says...we going to get a guy from that second group.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I dont believe he will allow us to turn into rocky top....he will get a hot hire...we can afford it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n94215 said:
Setting myself up? Dude, this is Jeremy Foley we're talking about. I expect him to make a bad hire. I don't expect to get Stoops, but I'm not completely dismissive of the idea like you are. You're acting like it's impossible and it isn't. Someone like Chip Kelly, Jim Harbaugh, or Jon Gruden is impossible - I don't feel that way about Stoops at all. You're going to start to see the idea of him coming here pick up smoke as the season goes on.

All I'm hopeful for is that there will be other people besides Foley involved in the decision to hire a coach (and the rumors say that there are). Then we may have a chance.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
If Chip Kelly was not having success he might be an option, sort of how Saban became an option due to failure with the Dolphins. Seems like he is having success so that is probably out. Now this is a two way street with other institutions involved. Folks with coaches we might want that are in power conferences can pay whatever we can (and maybe more). So unless there is some other reason they want to come we are getting another up and coming coach, hopefully more in the success of Urban than Zook and Champ. Time will tell and this is why I would perfer Champ to be a success as unlikely as that is.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
How about we hire a co-head coach? Champ keeps the defense only, new guy gets offense and special teams and head coach duties. Would this entice some who might not otherwise come especially if you think that Champ is a great defensive coordinator (I think he is OK and has gotten talent rather than coaching). Bloviate!!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
VulcanAlex;n94299 said:
How about we hire a co-head coach? Champ keeps the defense only, new guy gets offense and special teams and head coach duties. Would this entice some who might not otherwise come especially if you think that Champ is a great defensive coordinator (I think he is OK and has gotten talent rather than coaching). Bloviate!!

Uhhh, no.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n94169 said:
Holgorsen, Rich Rod, Petrino

Good Gawd, I know you are a dwag.

Rich Rod, already destroyed a major program and proven incompetent
Holgorsen, 4-8 last year, losing record in a shiiit conferences, and a poor recruiter even by WV standards. Neither can produce even mediocre defenses (hence their losing).

I'm alright with Petrino. Seems like their should be a better choice. It feels like voting for Bill Clinton. I can't imagine Fooley going this way.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n94299 said:
Zambo had it right. Not only does Muschamp and his entire staff need to be removed from Gainesville (the entire state if possible), but a full team in Hazmat suits needs to come in immediately afterwards and disinfect every square inch of the facilities. All the current players will also need to be stripped down and hosed off by the Hazmat team. Their clothes will need burning.

p187177808-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator