SOURCES: While not yet public, Will Muschamp has been fired * SECOND UPDATE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n94292 said:
Setting myself up? Dude, this is Jeremy Foley we're talking about. I expect him to make a bad hire. I don't expect to get Stoops, but I'm not completely dismissive of the idea like you are. You're acting like it's impossible and it isn't. Someone like Chip Kelly, Jim Harbaugh, or Jon Gruden is impossible - I don't feel that way about Stoops at all. You're going to start to see the idea of him coming here pick up smoke as the season goes on.

All I'm hopeful for is that there will be other people besides Foley involved in the decision to hire a coach (and the rumors say that there are). Then we may have a chance.

True...

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Munk;n86507 said:
Not buying it. Ox, this is a shameless way to try to gin up traffic on a bye week.
I just liked this guys tone so I had to bump it.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
williston_gator;n94432 said:
For those wanting Petrino I think his buyout is 10million. I also don't think he'd come here.

He has his team well prepared tonight for sure. Hopefully they keep it up...

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
WobbleGator;n94169 said:
Holgorsen, Rich Rod, Petrino

I'd rather bring in Cutcliff and keep Roper than have a drunk, a hothead or the philanderer.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorTAG;n94702 said:
I'd rather bring in Cutcliff and keep Roper than have a drunk, a hothead or the philanderer.

Not necessarily endorsing Petrino, but what exactly has he done that's any worse than what Saban did? Started at the JV level at Louisvile(MSU), took a shot at the NFL, failed miserably and realized a return to cfb was needed. The affair was not ideal, but a lot of these guys have less than ethical personal lives. Really the only difference is that, and who knows how many affairs guys like Saban, Spurrier, Meyer, etc have had?

Again, not saying he should be the guy per se, but I do think he's judged a lot harsher than others. Good coach, IMO and as I described Rich Rod, he's a guy that has clearly been trying to make it to a top tier school. UF could very well be that destination.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n94304 said:
Good Gawd, I know you are a dwag.

Good Gawd, I know you are a dumbass.

Tag asked for Offensive minded head coaches that were gettable. I was not naming coaches that I want, only ones we could get. Maybe you should learn to read all the posts before you react.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n94702 said:

I agree, but I would prefer someone else over all four of them.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not saying that I want Petrino, although he is better than what we have now. If he were to ever get a dominating Defense his teams would be lethal.

Still hoping for a WM pinkslip on Sunday Morning.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
WobbleGator;n94732 said:
I agree, but I would prefer someone else over all four of them.

I agree. Not sure who out there is gettable. Of the top proven offensive coaches I still think Spurrier is the best possibilty. But Foley's going to have to drive a Brinks truck up to Columbia, bow down on his knees, beg for forgiveness and kiss the ring to make that happen.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n93060 said:
Stoops would be a splash hire. Therefore, Foley won't hire him, and instead will go after Chizik.

:lol:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Chizik as a coordinator (maybe), but not as HBC. I'd hate to have to stop watching UF football

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's the latest on Spurrier coming? I keep hearing rumblings....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n94913 said:
What's the latest on Spurrier coming? I keep hearing rumblings....
That's indigestion.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n94895 said:
Chizik as a coordinator (maybe), but not as HBC. I'd hate to have to stop watching UF football

Chizik would be a good d coordinator hire. He was Will muschamp before Will muschamp. He's also a damn good recruiter

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n94705 said:
Not necessarily endorsing Petrino, but what exactly has he done that's any worse than what Saban did? Started at the JV level at Louisvile(MSU), took a shot at the NFL, failed miserably and realized a return to cfb was needed. The affair was not ideal, but a lot of these guys have less than ethical personal lives. Really the only difference is that, and who knows how many affairs guys like Saban, Spurrier, Meyer, etc have had?

Again, not saying he should be the guy per se, but I do think he's judged a lot harsher than others. Good coach, IMO and as I described Rich Rod, he's a guy that has clearly been trying to make it to a top tier school. UF could very well be that destination.

Petrino would make us the best offense in the East instantly.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
While avoiding the pissing contests I will say that Ox has the right sensibilities here. Terry Jackson was a low rated recruit in1995 and Spurrier signed him as one of the last scholarship players that recruiting season. His father was Willie Jackson, Sr. one of the two first black players signed by a Florida football team in 1969 (or '68?) if memory serves me. In any event to not like Spurrier or to claim he's a racist is beyond me. For a guy to come from his college playing days when there wasn't one black player on his team during his four years at Florida to now where some of the biggest stars in college football would come out of his program I would think the last thing you would call Spurrier is a 'racist.' Also like Ox, I can't imagine a Gator not liking Spurrier who holds a special place in my heart for guiding us to our first national championship and made appearances in the SEC championship game a matter of regularity.

In any event, I would be ecstatic over Bob Stoops coming here. He would bring instant credibility and he also knows how to put together high powered offenses. My short list would also include:

2. Kyle Whittingham
3. Mike (I'm a man!) Gundy (very low probability as he is the HC of his alma mater)
4. Gary Patterson

As for Bobby Petrino? The two things about him are (1) shelf life as a UF coach and (2) the volatility of his nature. As far as I'm concerned he would be a time bomb waiting to explode and I would not want him anywhere near our program. Also this guy is ALWAYS weighing and eyeing other offers with a view toward the "grass is always greener on the other side" mentality. Who wants that worry?

In the end I'll be joyously and over the top supportive of the new coach whomever he is. Right now Gary Darnell would be an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator