Status
Not open for further replies.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I heard today that Foley is talking to Dpc Holliday. Not sure that is a good thing.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n95676 said:
I heard today that Foley is talking to Dpc Holliday. Not sure that is a good thing.

I heard the same from my source, but apparently Foley just wanted advice on re-financing his home.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Holliday, Hudspeth or Whittingham...I think are guys we can get.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n95687 said:
Holliday, Hudspeth or Whittingham...I think are guys we can get.
God, I would certainly hope so. I sure hope we aim higher.

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
oxrageous;n95690 said:
God, I would certainly hope so. I sure hope we aim higher.
This^. This hire has to be a home run. I reside in Texas and though no one really concerns themselves with UF anything, the first thing out of everyone's mouth when they discover I'm a Gator is, "What/What in the hell happened to your football program?" No one recalls the 11-2 season--most believe it has been a steady decline over several years. (won't even go into what UTx fans have to last about Muschamp...you can guess)

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
LadyGator74;n95696 said:
This^. This hire has to be a home run. I reside in Texas and though no one really concerns themselves with UF anything, the first thing out of everyone's mouth when they discover I'm a Gator is, "What/What in the hell happened to your football program?" No one recalls the 11-2 season--most believe it has been a steady decline over several years. (won't even go into what UTx fans have to last about Muschamp...you can guess)

I know one thing you must have heard, "Whew! We dodged that bullet!" Unfortunately for us we took one for them.....

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n95673 said:
In any event to not like Spurrier or to claim he's a racist is beyond me.

At this point it's simply KC committing character assassination. Some people are so blinded by their hate, prejudices and racism that they have to make up stuff in order to keep the fires burning. Sad.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
PaulDrake;n95673 said:
While avoiding the pissing contests I will say that Ox has the right sensibilities here. Terry Jackson was a low rated recruit in1995 and Spurrier signed him as one of the last scholarship players that recruiting season. His father was Willie Jackson, Sr. one of the two first black players signed by a Florida football team in 1969 (or '68?) if memory serves me. In any event to not like Spurrier or to claim he's a racist is beyond me. For a guy to come from his college playing days when there wasn't one black player on his team during his four years at Florida to now where some of the biggest stars in college football would come out of his program I would think the last thing you would call Spurrier is a 'racist.' Also like Ox, I can't imagine a Gator not liking Spurrier who holds a special place in my heart for guiding us to our first national championship and made appearances in the SEC championship game a matter of regularity.

In any event, I would be ecstatic over Bob Stoops coming here. He would bring instant credibility and he also knows how to put together high powered offenses. My short list would also include:

2. Kyle Whittingham
3. Mike (I'm a man!) Gundy (very low probability as he is the HC of his alma mater)
4. Gary Patterson

As for Bobby Petrino? The two things about him are (1) shelf life as a UF coach and (2) the volatility of his nature. As far as I'm concerned he would be a time bomb waiting to explode and I would not want him anywhere near our program. Also this guy is ALWAYS weighing and eyeing other offers with a view toward the "grass is always greener on the other side" mentality. Who wants that worry?

In the end I'll be joyously and over the top supportive of the new coach whomever he is. Right now Gary Darnell would be an improvement.

I thought about Whittingham, but he's another coach who grew up on the defensive side. However he has a decent offense. He had a few down years once they went Pac-12, but doing well so far this year. I recall people calling for him once Meyer bolted. I'm sure he would be an upgrade.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Foley will try and retain him if we beat Vandy and SC after this Georgia win but we will see I guess.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
LadyGator74;n95696 said:

..or they actually watched that 11-2 season. That was some of the ugliest football I've ever seen. Yes, we won a bunch of games - but they were ugly wins where every bounce went our way. Much like this year/last year we 'could' have had 3-4 more wins with a few lucky bounces.. that year we could have easily been 7-6.

TommyGator

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Y'all are all lost souls....If we win out, Muschamp will be here for a long time. And after yesterday, who's to say that's impossible? Surely we CAN win the next three while giving Treon experience to actually run the offense. And half ass ewe is beatable if we play keep away from that ultra talented rapist...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TommyGator;n96754 said:
Y'all are all lost souls....If we win out, Muschamp will be here for a long time.
Well, we'll certainly be lost souls if that happens.

Let me ask something else - let's say for the sake of argument we win out. Do you really believe that's going to mean that we will suddenly have recruits flocking to UF? This class is going to be a disaster no matter how we finish. Do you think throwing 6 times is attractive to recruits? Most of them are interested in 21st century football.

If Muschamp is retained UF is going to remain irrelevant for a long, long time. Because high-end recruits, even those in Florida, have stopped coming here.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
oxrageous;n96760 said:

Let me ask something else - let's say for the sake of argument we win out. Do you really believe that's going to mean that we will suddenly have recruits flocking to UF? This class is going to be a disaster no matter how we finish. Do you think throwing 6 times is attractive to recruits? Most of them are interested in 21st century football.

If Muschamp is retained UF is going to remain irrelevant for a long, long time. Because high-end recruits, even those in Florida, have stopped coming here.

This.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I tend to think at this point that game with the HBC coming in isn't going to be the cake walk we all think it is going to be. SC is 4-5 right now, one home game with South Alabama left sandwiched in between road games at UF and at Clemson. SOS has got to win two to become bowl eligible. I think he will light some asses on fire during their bye week and the Cocks will be ready. SOS has only had sub-.500 season as a college coach, that was his first year at Dook in 1987 (5-6). I don't see a second one happening without a major fight out of him.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n96768 said:
I tend to think at this point that game with the HBC coming in isn't going to be the cake walk we all think it is going to be. SC is 4-5 right now, one home game with South Alabama left sandwiched in between road games at UF and at Clemson. SOS has got to win two to become bowl eligible. I think he will light some asses on fire during their bye week and the Cocks will be ready. SOS has only had sub-.500 season as a college coach, that was his first year at Dook in 1987 (5-6). I don't see a second one happening without a major fight out of him.

I agree the SC game will be a close one probably due to what you stated.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n96760 said:

The problem is perception. If we win out that means (and that includes a run to the SECCG), we'd be 8-3 going into the SECCG. Finishing the regular season at 8-4 if we lose the SECCG or 9-3 if we win it. If Foley fired a SECCG winning coach, no other coach would want to come here.

BTW, I don't think we have any chance of doing any of that. We could POSSIBLY win out in the SEC. But more than likely our pass defense won't be able to contain FSU. (Although I'm sure Quincy Wilson would love to shut down Ermon Lane.) But I have very little confidence that Mizzou loses 2 more games and we back our way into the SECCG. And absolutely ZERO confidence that we would beat the Western Conference champs.

But if we win out, I just can't see how he could let Muschamp go. No coach would want to come here.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
SECOND UPDATE; I just received an email from a THIRD source who claims to have knowledge of the situation. Information comes from someone who is close to a member of the UAA Board. I'm going to cut and past most of it right here:

According to him, Muschamp is done. The unfortunate part is that Foley is the search committee for the next coach. The sole member. Supposedly he has a list of 5 candidates. The criteria: young, HC experience, offensive-minded, familiar with the SEC. He would neither confirm nor deny any of my guesses so I don't know the specifics but I absolutely trust the source. Not knowing me, of course, you may add me to the rumor mill.

This person claims that the source knows the five names on the list, but isn't saying who they are. They assured me they will keep working to get some names.

Take it or leave it, Gators.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n96783 said:
SECOND UPDATE; I just received an email from a THIRD source who claims to have knowledge of the situation. Information comes from someone who is close to a member of the UAA Board. I'm going to cut and past most of it right here:

According to him, Muschamp is done. The unfortunate part is that Foley is the search committee for the next coach. The sole member. Supposedly he has a list of 5 candidates. The criteria: young, HC experience, offensive-minded, familiar with the SEC. He would neither confirm nor deny any of my guesses so I don't know the specifics but I absolutely trust the source. Not knowing me, of course, you may add me to the rumor mill.

This person claims that the source knows the five names on the list, but isn't saying who they are. They assured me they will keep working to get some names.

Take it or leave it, Gators.

So is it ok to keep crying that we beat Georgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator