Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n101796 said:
Lower after wins, higher after losses. People regardless of the subject prefer bad news and to complain.
People have tuned out, Douglas. We fire Muschamp and this place will explode. The most traffic this site ever got was the Monday that Treon Harris was suspended - a huge amount of people flocked here to see the news. My point is, we're on the radar - just have to give people a reason to care again.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Lower after wins, higher after losses. People regardless of the subject prefer bad news and to complain.

It's called venting.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n101800 said:
People have tuned out, Douglas. We fire Muschamp and this place will explode. The most traffic this site ever got was the Monday that Treon Harris was suspended - a huge amount of people flocked here to see the news. My point is, we're on the radar - just have to give people a reason to care again.

I wasn't just stating this site, but all media Ox. Regardless of the avenue ratings, click-through, etc. all goes up for bad news. For forums, it's bad news and complaining.
As far as this site, it is doing very well and is definitely on the radar.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n101804 said:
I wasn't just stating this site, but all media Ox. Regardless of the avenue ratings, click-through, etc. all goes up for bad news. For forums, it's bad news and complaining.
So you don't think it has anything to do with fan apathy regarding the program?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How much of this can be attributed to opposing fans viewing the meltdowns? I know I do it when our rivals lose ugly.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n101806 said:
So you don't think it has anything to do with fan apathy regarding the program?

Is there some apathy, of course. But we lose to USCe this week, and we look the way we did before you will get LSU/Missouri type numbers in my opinion. The numbers before the LSU game due to the press conference was a perfect storm to get people searching.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n101810 said:
How much of this can be attributed to opposing fans viewing the meltdowns? I know I do it when our rivals lose ugly.

That would depend on how Ox gets the statistics. What is considered a unique visitor (IP address, Login, etc..).

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Muschamp is not fired at the end of the year OP should be suspended from this site indefinitely, at least through the offseason.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n101821 said:
If Muschamp is not fired at the end of the year OP should be suspended from this site indefinitely, at least through the offseason.
He won't have to be suspended. He'll probably take the offseason off on his own.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rumors sell newspapers!

Just sayin....

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n101798 said:
Have you been over there? It sure as hell doesn't look that way.

Just checked, their game thread had 7500 views - ours had 4500 views. I don't know how much the chat box affects our numbers but that's a substantial difference.

Comments were 343 them and 293 us...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n101864 said:
Just checked, their game thread had 7500 views - ours had 4500 views. I don't know how much the chat box affects our numbers but that's a substantial difference.

Comments were 343 them and 293 us...

The chatterbox has a huge impact. Even as dead as it was, I would guess there was well over 1,000 comments made in it during the game.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
If we change coaches...be prepared for another 3 - 5 year transition / rebuilding / retooling / re everything period. And yep, we'll lose some games.

I'm on the side of hoping Muschamp is figuring out how to be a head coach. And Mike Shanahan doesn't intrigue me, at all. Just saw that yesterday. He's
interested. I don't see a player connect there.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n101800 said:
My point is, we're on the radar - just have to give people a reason to care again.

Sometimes it doesn't feel very welcoming here to those who care NOW. That may be affecting traffic as well.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
ReelGatorDoc;n101920 said:
If we change coaches...be prepared for another 3 - 5 year transition / rebuilding / retooling / re everything period. And yep, we'll lose some games.

I'm on the side of hoping Muschamp is figuring out how to be a head coach. And Mike Shanahan doesn't intrigue me, at all. Just saw that yesterday. He's

The transition concerns me, especially to bring in somebody at the end of their career like Shan-wow. But I am trying to think of an example where a coach in a similar situation as Muschamp has been retained and become successful. I am very conflicted.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n101927 said:
The transition concerns me, especially to bring in somebody at the end of their career like Shan-wow. But I am trying to think of an example where a coach in a similar situation as Muschamp has been retained and become successful. I am very conflicted.
Mark Richt is the only one I can think of that survived a seat this hot. Look how that has worked out for them. The fan base is still divided and they have won exactly nothing of note during his tenure.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
MJMGator;n101932 said:
Mark Richt is the only one I can think of that survived a seat this hot. Look how that has worked out for them. The fan base is still divided and they have won exactly nothing of note during his tenure.

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head. On the other hand, I don't want to trade coaches for more of the same. I would ~ CONSIDER ~ not changing until we can get a real difference maker.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

That's exactly what Chimp brings if he's retained. We've seen that already. This recruiting class is dead. Even if we pickup a couple of DEs, we are whiffing on everything else. No elite playmakers as always. Will we ever get an elite WR again? They don't even look our way anymore.

I'm on the side of hoping Muschamp is figuring out how to be a head coach.
People keep repeating this. "We need an experienced head coach." "OJT." "Learning on the job."

Chimp's problem isn't that he wasn't an HC before, it's that he thinks he's an OC and wants to make personnel decisions. If he were Bob Stoops or Steve Spurrier and just left the other side of the ball to someone that has a clue about it, he would have possibly won it all in 2012 and maybe be winning the SEC this year.

His losing is due to a football philosophy flaw not lack of HC experience.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

On the first part, I couldn't disagree more. We had great recruiting classes in 2012 and 2013, with '14 having a few stars of its own. I actually think someone could step in and win right away the first few years, then have a tough year 3 and 4 as this current class becomes the focal point. Right away, with 2 bright young QBs, a couple of solid WRs, and a solid defense, a good coach will win games, and implement his system over time through recruiting.

On the last part, there is a part of me that hopes we see some miraculous change to close the year(I don't really care about Atl, personally) and WM is a different HC next season. Just don't see it. But I'm not really sold on Shanahan myself. Just feels contrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.