Not open for further replies.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n101554 said:
Is Muschamp on the short list to replace Muschamp? So our comparision for the new coach is Muschamp, and not an elite level coach? Ok, so we all know now, we are aiming for mediocre.

Elite? A box of rocks would be an improvement.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n101532 said:
And managed 28 total points in two NC games with them, going 0-2. Color me impressed!

Bob Stoops is on auto-pilot. He has job security for a while there, and he knows it. Expect a bunch of 3-4 loss seasons from them every year until he's gone. He had what was probably one of the top 2 or 3 most talented teams in the country when the season started and where's it gotten him?

i knew you'd start leaning towards Gundy!:fistbump:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n101559 said:

It's a good thing geniuses like you aren't in charge of hiring a new coach. We'd be hiring the first schmuck that walked through the door because "anything would be an improvement." How about we pick the guy who is best suited for this program long term instead of just saying "oh, well, BLARRGGHGHGHGHGHG ANYONE WOULD BE BETTER THAN MUSHYMENSTRUALCRAMP BLARRRRGGGHHHHAGHHGGHGHGHHHH!!!!!"

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n101559 said:

So UF a top 5 Football program in the Nation, should settle for a box of rocks. Ok, as long as we know where you stand. According to you, UF shouldn't be targeting elite coaches.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n101560 said:
i knew you'd start leaning towards Gundy!:fistbump:

stfu1.gif

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
TheDouglas78;n101566 said:
So UF a top 5 Football program in the Nation, should settle for a box of rocks. Ok, as long as we know where you stand. According to you, UF shouldn't be targeting elite coaches.

Why not? It has on at least 2 recent occasions already.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
TheDouglas78;n101566 said:

Nobody wants to settle. People are just really tired of the current product and venting their frustration...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n101569 said:
Why not? It has on at least 2 recent occasions already.

And were did those two occasions get us? That's extremely faulty thinking.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n101573 said:
Nobody wants to settle. People are just really tired of the current product and venting their frustration...

The thing is, we did settle when WM was hired. And now no one is good enough? If we were coming out of the "Golden Age of Florida Football" I would agree. But we are stuck in the dark ages.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
TheDouglas78;n101575 said:
And were did those two occasions get us? That's extremely faulty thinking.

Just to make sure, you do realize I'm not advocating we go hire an actual pile of rocks, right?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n101578 said:
The thing is, we did settle when WM was hired. And now no one is good enough? If we were coming out of the "Golden Age of Florida Football" I would agree. But we are stuck in the dark ages.

I wouldn't say we settled. Apparently he was our #1 choice. People seem to forget he was a hot coaching name in 2010 and was the coach in waiting for Texas. Obviously that didn't work out, but he's not the first hot commodity coach to fail to meet expectations, nor will he be the last.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Honestly i wasn't impressed when he was hired. But didn't have no idea it would be this disastrous

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not buying he was our first choice one bit. And how is coach in waiting supposed mean something. Is that supposed mean something? Peterson was the first choice and he wanted too much

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see how Muschamp can be fired if he wins out. That would give us a regular season record of 8 & 3 - 9 & 3, if the 1st game hadn't been canceled. There's a very good chance that we could win the East, as well. That's a better record than most predicted and winning the East was something we had no chance of accomplishing, according to most. I know, for a fact, that Muschamp has been told that if he wins out, his job is safe - it's safe if we lose a competitive game to Crab U.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
t-gator;n101589 said:
I'm not buying he was our first choice one bit. And how is coach in waiting supposed mean something. Is that supposed mean something? Peterson was the first choice and he wanted too much
How much did he want,

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n101578 said:

He was one of the top coordinators in the business at the time, and many people applauded the hire. So settled would be an incorrect statement. Was it a bad hire, at this point that is obvious. But then to turn around saying that our comparison is to what we currently have which has played out to be a bad hire, and saying we are in the dark ages? Really? I didn't realize that it has been over a decade since our last BCS game appearance, or since we were in the National Title hunt. The naysayers are just as bad as the people who are overly positive about our situation. Same crap different view.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
GIGator;n101596 said:
I don't see how Muschamp can be fired if he wins out. That would give us a regular season record of 8 & 3 - 9 & 3, if the 1st game hadn't been canceled. There's a very good chance that we could win the East, as well. That's a better record than most predicted and winning the East was something we had no chance of accomplishing, according to most. I know, for a fact, that Muschamp has been told that if he wins out, his job is safe - it's safe if we lose a competitive game to Crab U.

:eek:hnoes2:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okay Sasquatch, I'll bite. If a NC-winning coach like Stoops is a "mediocre" candidate, then give me your list. I'm sure we can all pick it apart as well.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n101596 said:

Then next year will be just the same as this year. Exept more empty seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.