Not open for further replies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n101596 said:
I don't see how Muschamp can be fired if he wins out. That would give us a regular season record of 8 & 3 - 9 & 3, if the 1st game hadn't been canceled. There's a very good chance that we could win the East, as well. That's a better record than most predicted and winning the East was something we had no chance of accomplishing, according to most. I know, for a fact, that Muschamp has been told that if he wins out, his job is safe - it's safe if we lose a competitive game to Crab U.

wow, makes sense though. If there was a homerun hire, he would've been fired publicly already. So there's a 40-60% shot he stays

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Jake from State Farm;n101429 said:
Still not buying that unannounced firing thing....

I hate to say it, but, it appears Ox got some bad info. I have heard from 2 people that I know are aware of what's going on and they told me that Muschamp was told he has until the end of the season to turn this around. The Jawja win turned things in Muschamp's favor and if he wins the next two games and we don't get embarrassed in Tally-Crappy, he will be back. I read a confirmation of what I was told, by a poster who is highly respected, on Gator Country

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I can tell you what i have learned from fooleys fiasco. There is no substitute for headcoaching experience

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
John, I believe you are telling the truth, but I just don't think the sources you are hearing would be plugged in.

The Gator Nation will be in fullscale rebellion if that happens. Yet another half-baked shiiity recruiting class full of three stars we stole from Arky State and Vandy and with massive holes yet again (and the one to follow once we finally fire Dawgshiit) will destroy this program for a very long time.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
GIGator;n101612 said:
I hate to say it, but, it appears Ox got some bad info. I have heard from 2 people that I know are aware of what's going on and they told me that Muschamp was told he has until the end of the season to turn this around. The Jawja win turned things in Muschamp's favor and if he wins the next two games and we don't get embarrassed in Tally-Crappy, he will be back. I read a confirmation of what I was told, by a poster who is highly respected, on Gator Country
If true, thats very unfortunate because this brand of football is horrible and bad for fans

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
GIGator;n101612 said:

That would just prove that Foley is clueless. Maybe the university wants to loose millions more next year??

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Law98gator;n101615 said:
The Gator Nation will be in fullscale rebellion if that happens.

And John, I believe you are telling the truth, but I just don't think the sources you are hearing would be plugged in.
Can it get any worse

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n101612 said:

Yep, that's a fine gauge. "Go out there men and don't get embarrassed!"

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n101612 said:
. I read a confirmation of what I was told, by a poster who is highly respected, on Gator Country

this sounds legit

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
gatormandan;n101618 said:
That would just prove that Foley is clueless. Maybe the university wants to loose millions more next year??
We lost to ga.southern who didnt attempt a pass, we lost to vandy at homecoming, we went 4 and 8 and fooley retained chump. Now what would it take to convince you he is clueless

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n101612 said:

Not getting embarrassed or losing and there will be no need for further conversation. If he wins out, he might have a chance to convince people he deserves to stay. But unless there really isn't a good candidate out there who is a home run like in 2004, it's a long shot at best.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n101624 said:
We lost to ga.southern who didnt attempt a pass, we lost to vandy at homecoming, we went 4 and 8 and fooley retained chump. Now what would it take to convince you he is clueless
Great point.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n101624 said:

Amen.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n101585 said:
I wouldn't say we settled. Apparently he was our #1 choice. People seem to forget he was a hot coaching name in 2010 and was the coach in waiting for Texas. Obviously that didn't work out, but he's not the first hot commodity coach to fail to meet expectations, nor will he be the last.

Pure conjecture to support an argument of someone who was satisfied with the hire. Was he a CIW? Certainly, to the Bowden of Texas. Was he the #1 choice? I strongly doubt it but that based on my incomplete information as well. I just believe Florida, a Top 5 program in the country doesn't follow up a run with 2 MNCs with an OJT coach. I'd say we settled.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n100372 said:
Unique visitors to Gatorchatter on the weekend of the last 5 games:

Alabama: 1,323
Tennessee: 1,342
LSU: 1,552
Missouri: 1,772
Georgia: 1,265

A 29% drop from Missouri to Georgia, and UGA is of course always considered one of our biggest games of the season. It's like this everywhere. I expect us to be even lower this week, possibly significantly lower.
Okay, time to update this with Vanderbilt weekend!

Vanderbilt: 1,102

:dance:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe it's that gsmb is picking up visits?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n101793 said:
Okay, time to update this with Vanderbilt weekend!

Vanderbilt: 1,102

:dance:

Lower after wins, higher after losses. People regardless of the subject prefer bad news and to complain.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n101794 said:
Maybe it's that gsmb is picking up visits?
Have you been over there? It sure as hell doesn't look that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.