SOURCES: While not yet public, Will Muschamp has been fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
GIGator;n105558 said:
Well, the Muschamp era will be coming to an end after the FSU game. Regardless of how you feel about Muschamp, it's terrible to see a coach lose his job over terrible officiating. All of you anti-Muschamp folks can celebrate, because, you have gotten your wish. I don't know if I have ever seen a coach as snake-bitten as Muschamp.

WTF? You arent really serious are you? The guy is not fit to be a HC at a top tier program and he has proved it over and over and over and over...

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe he was fired last month, but it's obvious it will happen now. It's fine if Foley wants him to finish the season, but there's no point in waiting til the end of the month to tell everyone what we already know. Announce is firing tonight.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This was 100% on Chimp. Our ultra conservative play calling is pathetic. If we had a coach with a clue we would have beat LSU, Mizzou, and USCe - we have the talent.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n105558 said:
Well, the Muschamp era will be coming to an end after the FSU game. Regardless of how you feel about Muschamp, it's terrible to see a coach lose his job over terrible officiating. All of you anti-Muschamp folks can celebrate, because, you have gotten your wish. I don't know if I have ever seen a coach as snake-bitten as Muschamp.

This is an absolutely pathetic post.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n105594 said:
GI thank you for serving , but to blame the loss even partially on offciating is insanity. The 4 year experiment is done, please come to terms

I guess I didn't word that correctly. We had a chance to win the game and blew it; however, take away those bad calls and we wouldnt have been in that position. Whether Treon was hurt or not, the play calling was too conservative and it left no margin for the crazy things that usually happen. I couldn't believe how bad our ST were.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
GIGator;n105558 said:

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n105649 said:
WTF? You arent really serious are you? The guy is not fit to be a HC at a top tier program and he has proved it over and over and over and over...

Dude, I'm not that stupid to not have seen that we lost that game. Muschamp is gone one, so, I am not trying to save him - not that I could, anyway. I'm just sick of those friggin officials. When I saw USCe play us the way they did in the first quarter, I told my son that even if we had won, I didn't see what I was looking for. We should have came out smoking, considering what was at stake.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n105756 said:
I guess I didn't word that correctly. We had a chance to win the game and blew it; however, take away those bad calls and we wouldnt have been in that position. Whether Treon was hurt or not, the play calling was too conservative and it left no margin for the crazy things that usually happen. I couldn't believe how bad our ST were.

I am sure Foley saw those things also. Make an official complaint to SEC and fire the ST coach and see what happens next season. Just kidding with you.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n105762 said:
Dude, I'm not that stupid to not have seen that we lost that game. Muschamp is gone one, so, I am not trying to save him - not that I could, anyway. I'm just sick of those friggin officials. When I saw USCe play us the way they did in the first quarter, I told my son that even if we had won, I didn't see what I was looking for. We should have came out smoking, considering what was at stake.

I remember pretty clearly a TD by Jones that shouldn't have been called a TD. But there was no irrefutable proof to overturn it. And then a mysterious block in the back against SC that should have killed a drive in the 4th but SC overcame. Other than the phantom PI call against us, I don't remember any glaring officiating mistakes that leads me to think that it was bias.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I'll confess - halfway thru the first quarter, I went out to the shop to work on my old truck. Like I said, I didn't see what I wanted to see, so, I reached a conclusion that he got his "fair" chance and didn't get it done. For him not to expect USCe to attack our Safeties and Morrison blew my mind.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
GIGator;n105756 said:
:thumbup:
Yep you set off a firestorm with that one. It's a fine line between stating the obvious and making excuses and this crowd is gonna jump on you either way.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n105767 said:
I remember pretty clearly a TD by Jones that shouldn't have been called a TD. But there was no irrefutable proof to overturn it. And then a mysterious block in the back against SC that should have killed a drive in the 4th but SC overcame. Other than the phantom PI call against us, I don't remember any glaring officiating mistakes that leads me to think that it was bias.

Jones scored on the play before that one. The play where USCe scored, in the 1st quarter, Morrison was held or he would have been in the gap to make the tackle. Those PI calls were horrendous.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n105772 said:
:thumbup:
Yep you set off a firestorm with that one. It's a fine line between stating the obvious and making excuses and this crowd is gonna jump on you either way.

Well, the good thing, I don't really give a crap. You know what I mean? :-)

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n105773 said:
Jones scored on the play before that one. The play where USCe scored, in the 1st quarter, Morrison was held or he would have been in the gap to make the tackle. Those PI calls were horrendous.

I saw one bad PI call that the SC did a great job of selling. Defensive players are held on just about every play. On both sides.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n105780 said:
I saw one bad PI call that the SC did a great job of selling. Defensive players are held on just about every play. On both sides.

There were 2 bad PI calls.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I told my son that I couldn't believe them running Harris as much as they did in the 4th quarter. We have one QB, the lead and USCe was keying on Harris by then. We should have been running Jones and Harris at that point.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

The UF here stands for Ultimate Failure.

Attachments

• conv_1313.jpg
    conv_1313.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 23

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
GIGator;n105558 said:
Thanks, i started already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator