Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
But what if we win out and win our bowl game? :lol:

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
This is the worse scenerio that could have played out. Regardless of who the new coach is, we will be playing catch up for several years and if the new coach doesn't get it done, we will be irrelevant for a several more years. We will lose most of the recruits that we would have signed, had things worked out differently. Cowart is the one thst will hurt the most. He eill end up at Bamer. We could, possibly land Ivie and Jefferson, but, they are going to look at a program where they can win championships right away. Meanwhile, FSU is poised to hsve one of the best classes that they have had in years. Think it's time to plan fishing trips for the next decade.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n105871 said:
This is the worse scenerio that could have played out. Regardless of who the new coach is, we will be playing catch up for several years and if the new coach doesn't get it done, we will be irrelevant for a several more years. We will lose most of the recruits that we would have signed, had things worked out differently. Cowart is the one thst will hurt the most. He eill end up at Bamer. We could, possibly land Ivie and Jefferson, but, they are going to look at a program where they can win championships right away. Meanwhile, FSU is poised to hsve one of the best classes that they have had in years. Think it's time to plan fishing trips for the next decade.

The worst possible scenario was retaining him another year. It was painfully obvious he should have been fired after the GSU fiasco, but for whatever reason Foley gave him another year. While I am a huge Foley supporter, this falls squarely on his shoulders. The upside is, the WM era will be over soon and we cannot possibly hire anyone worse. I hope we get the right coach and the turnaround is quick, but either way we will see improvement.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GIGator;n105871 said:

Meyer won it all in year 2, and almost played for it all in year 2 at Osu. Spurrier almost played for it all in year 2. Mazshn played for it all in year 2. Saban almost plays for it all in year 2. Stoops won it all in year 2.

Believe it or not, just because we're nam ores with someone, doesn't make them any good. A real coach would've had us in Atl this year. These scenarios are just a way if shielding WM, almost implying that if he couldn't do it, we must be a long way out.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n105891 said:
The talent is there, i see a Quick turn around

So do I. Our weakest link next year will be the OL. We'll take our lumps in recruiting, but that's always gonna happen with a coaching change.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n105895 said:
So do I. Our weakest link next year will be the OL. We'll take our lumps in recruiting, but that's always gonna happen with a coaching change.

We still have a chance to fill some of our needs

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
With the proposed class we had coming in, the correct selection as new HC will improve the ranking overnight.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n105895 said:

I hope your right. I have decided to change my way of thinking. I'm losing the optimism and going to practice some negativity. At least it doesn't hurt as bad when things go wrong. This is one of the worst loses that I have witnessed.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
GIGator;n105976 said:
I hope your right. I have decided to change my way of thinking. I'm losing the optimism and going to practice some negativity. At least it doesn't hurt as bad when things go wrong. This is one of the worst loses that I have witnessed.
Did you witness ga.southern or both homecoming games this year and last.they were definitely worst

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n105965 said:
With the proposed class we had coming in, the correct selection as new HC will improve the ranking overnight.

If you remove Ivie, Cowart and Jefferson, there's no way it improves. We will lose the QB from California, unless the new voach retains Roper. The WR from LA, Dillon, was already on the fence. Kiffin has been sweating him really hard lately. Now, if we witness a miracle and Harbaugh takes the job, we could see a remarkable class. Harbaugh' s Agent is entertaining the possibility, but, I don't see him leaving the NFL. The class that Bamer is putting together is beyond belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.