Status
Not open for further replies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As stated before, the best case scenario was for Muschamp to win out, build momentum, be retained, and carry the momentum into recruiting. Now we must look forward to a coaching search, and as stated before, we will take a recruiting hit, and it could be huge. I do not see a homerun hire for us. Chip Kelly? Harbaugh? Slim to none. What are the other options? Yes I know, Stoops will be our savior, and why not? He's 6th in the Big 12, so come on down. No I'm not advocating for Muschamp. I argued for him to have a chance to prove himself without Driskel. Well he blew it. But honestly, who's up next? Patterson has a crappy defense for being a defensive coach. Mullen? Foley isn't a fan. Freeze? Rumored to want to stay at Ole Miss. Briles? doubtful to leave Baylor. So who do we get?

farfugnugen

Oct 4, 2014
alcoholica;n105989 said:
As stated before, the best case scenario was for Muschamp to win out, build momentum, be retained, and carry the momentum into recruiting.
Funny, I see that as the worst case scenario. The only way we would have won out is by stumbling into it - like 11-2. That would set us back another 3 years.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n105979 said:
Did you witness ga.southern or both homecoming games this year and last.they were definitely worst

This one was worse, to me, because many Gator fans were hoping that Muschamp and the team had truly made that turn. It would have been much better if things had turn, for real and we were witnessing the start of something special, than to face more uncertainty. That's why I stopped watching the game halfway thru the 1st quarter. That hope went out the window when I didn't see us come out a dominate USCe from the begining.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
GIGator;n105995 said:
This one was worse, to me, because many Gator fans were hoping that Muschamp and the team had truly made that turn. It would have been much better if things had turn, for real and we were witnessing the start of something special, than to face more uncertainty. That's why I stopped watching the game halfway thru the 1st quarter. That hope went out the window when I didn't see us come out a dominate USCe from the begining.
I really don't like chump, and knew he wasn't the man for the job,, im very confident if fooley does his homework, we will have success in a very short time

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n105989 said:
As stated before, the best case scenario was for Muschamp to win out, build momentum, be retained, and carry the momentum into recruiting. Now we must look forward to a coaching search, and as stated before, we will take a recruiting hit, and it could be huge. I do not see a homerun hire for us. Chip Kelly? Harbaugh? Slim to none. What are the other options? Yes I know, Stoops will be our savior, and why not? He's 6th in the Big 12, so come on down. No I'm not advocating for Muschamp. I argued for him to have a chance to prove himself without Driskel. Well he blew it. But honestly, who's up next? Patterson has a crappy defense for being a defensive coach. Mullen? Foley isn't a fan. Freeze? Rumored to want to stay at Ole Miss. Briles? doubtful to leave Baylor. So who do we get?
Somebody better than Muschamp. That's a guarantee. We honestly cannot lose.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
alcoholica;n105989 said:
Not this "we have to keep him because there are no 'home run hires' out there" stuff again....

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n106008 said:
Somebody better than Muschamp. That's a guarantee. We honestly cannot lose.

A mannequin would be an improvement over Muschamp.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Let me explain why I despise poor or corrupt officiating. I compare them to politicians who involved themselves in military operational issues. Neither of them play in the game or fight the fight; yet, they can adversely influence the outcome with bad calls/decisions. The Commander in Chief issues an order to the Commanders, with stipulations that tie one hand behind the backs of those in the fight. The mission is to bag or pop a high value target and the politicians throw rules of engagement in the mix that take away some of the advantages that the team worked hard to establish and body bags get filled with good guys. The cost of a poor call in football is nowhere close to the impact politicians have on life and death situations, but, it's sickening to see officials impact the outcome of a game. I may be overreacting since I cooked eggs and washed pots. If so, please overlook my foolishness.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Chump was bad for our program period. I know some gator fans were in denial but make no mistake we will be better and quicker than you expect.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n106033 said:
Let me explain why I despise poor or corrupt officiating. I compare them to politicians who involved themselves in military operational issues. Neither of them play in the game or fight the fight; yet, they can adversely influence the outcome with bad calls/decisions. The Commander in Chief issues an order to the Commanders, with stipulations that tie one hand behind the backs of those in the fight. The mission is to bag or pop a high value target and the politicians throw rules of engagement in the mix that take away some of the advantages that the team worked hard to establish and body bags get filled with good guys. The cost of a poor call in football is nowhere close to the impact politicians have on life and death situations, but, it's sickening to see officials impact the outcome of a game. I may be overreacting since I cooked eggs and washed pots. If so, please overlook my foolishness.
There were bad calls both ways. USC was called for a block in the back that never happened. I didn't think a bad call had a direct impact on the game. The holding call on the play that Harris scored WAS the right call. The phantom pass interference call on UF that gave USC a first down ultimately led to nothing, as they they turned it over on downs anyway on that drive.

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
I just have to believe that Foley started making coaching inquiries following the Homecoming fiasco if not before. The man plans and negotiates for the future in his sleep. There is no way he would permit the program to be caught short, if for no other reason, he would be the reason behind extending the devastation that Is Will Muschamp, and personally, he has a proud legacy and reputation to uphold. But, I choose to believe he rose to the upper echelon of his profession because he is exceptional at what he does. (yes, the Muschamp hire throws a wrench into that evaluation, but even UTx was willing to put their program in his hands at one point.). Better days are ahead.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
farfugnugen;n106003 said:
Then we have a lot of dumb fans.

They have a different opinion than you, so, that makes them dumb? If you a so smart, why aren't you an AD or General Manager for a NFL team? Maybe you should respect the fact that others have a right to have a different opinion. Throw out that blocked punt and they could be calling you dumb for not believing the team could win. There's a fine line between hero and zero.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n106007 said:
I really don't like chump, and knew he wasn't the man for the job,, im very confident if fooley does his homework, we will have success in a very short time

We need to demand that Foley allow you to review his pick before he makes the offer, so thatbyou can save us from hiring another failure.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
GI, please stop making excuses. If this didn't happen or that didn't happen. Dude like Nike says , just do it . No excuses. Champ doesn't have it and that permeates the team. We lost for a multitude of reasons, not just because of officiating of blocked punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.