Spineless SEC Administration or Fooley Gives LSU Home Game

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorsScott: Insurance payouts from SEC, along with other financial incentives, will cover UF's revenue lost from home games not played this season.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Another great football decision by J. Foley, the man who brought you Ron Zook and Will Muschamp. Total F'n sellout. Boooooo!

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Season ticket holders can request a refund or a credit will automatically to applied to 2017 season tickets.

Phvck LSU.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorsScott: Insurance payouts from SEC, along with other financial incentives, will cover UF's revenue lost from home games not played this season.
That's great, except local businesses bear the brunt. Now they will lose revenue from two home games.

Last edited:

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
First off, we STILL have boneheads on here questioning the postponing of the original game? Still? JFC.

Secondly, hell I'm just pissed at everyone involved over this decision. Name a combatant and I'm pissed at them.

Thirdly, I don't know whether to just flat out hate Foley for this, or give him some credit for getting it done and also calling out LSU in the process. Now the monkey is on their corndog encrusted backs for being unreasonable.

I've always liked LSU but they can all go phuck a corndog for all I care.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Foley actually now going after LSU saying they did not cooperate in way and would not budge. Looks like SEC said well if no game no SEC Championship game.
Boo hoo. Call their bluff. What a wuss.

So Fooley opts to screw all the fans who had tickets for this home game, and the community area hotels, restaurants, bars as well as dumping that schedule on the players.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
IDK, I gotta funny feeling a late season hurricane may be brewing in the gulf come Nov. 16-19.
Kate (1985) hit the panhandle one week before Thanksgiving.
It would be effing hilarious if the game actually had to get cancelled twice.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
oT41FYI.gif

Trump impersonates Foley negotiating.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Before this lovely news, all the talk was about lswho losing a home game... as if UF wasn't facing the same problem. I don't mind taking the high road, but Sankey should've acted accordingly instead of rewarding the pathetic bayou crybabies.

I hope the recruits see where they should attend if they hope to learn how to be a man.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I don't like this.

@Michael_Carvell: Report: LSU able to host recruits for Nov. 19 game against Florida https://sec.news/2ebK758
You didn't expect anything about this would be equitable did you? LSU had a loaded agenda and their AD pushed it though. Foley is too weak. No match for that approach. Foley's OK with someone who is actually willing to negotiate, but that is not Aleva. The terms of this arrangement have the same feel as the terms of Mushamp's contracts. I guess we shouldn't be surprised after the way those were drawn up.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think Gainesville hotels were probably fairly full Matthew weekend, plus those people probably ate. So, there's that.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If the SEC delivered an ultimatum that neither team would be eligible for Atlanta if we didn't play this game, then that's some f*cked up sh*t. LSU knows they don't have a gay man's prayer in rural Kentucky of making the SECCG, and while our chances are slim, we can still conceivably make it. That was the only bargaining chip they needed.

On the bright side, we do make out well in the long run. It's just a bitter pill to swallow this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.