***Spring Game Football Thread***

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
We have been had! This game was a fraud. I shared the opinions you guys have been expressing until I saw the light. Leading up to the game I kept asking how the players were divided. LDR played with the first team against the second team defense. Appleby played with the second team against the first team defense. Who amongst you can really say what any of this means?
Yes, that is the case. It did seem a little contrived. Even so, Del Rio looked pretty good. Threw nicely to the open receiver. It was such a relief to see Treon "nowhere."

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I noticed the same thing as well on how the teams were divided up. But a few things I took away from watching the game last night on the DVR. For one there is no Harris out there, PERIOD. LDR, AA, and yes even Trask looked better far surpassing anything that we saw out of TH no matter what defense they lined up against. Franks did look pretty bad, but the kid should be in HS and perhaps Trask as well. A lot of difference between those two but its just a spring game and a lot of road to go. Both those guys should RS if possible.

Looks like the run game, OK. Not a lot of flash there but I did like what Thompson did on his one TD run. Great vision and seems to have a bit of a burst.

Pineiro looks to be a legit kicker. Sure he is going to miss some but I am sure our OL'men will not have to get a surgically removed footballs with him kicking back there. STRONG leg and gets it high and quickly. He will be a game changer for us.

Not sure what to think about our D. Maybe some dropoff there but hard to tell in this Spring Game. My take is with some offensive improvement = taking some pressure of our D. That has to be a major help to them. Take the FSU game for example. If a LDR and a Pineiro play that game, its a possible different outcome.

Much can be said that we looked good, some say we may have looked bad, some Meh. But what I am glad of is.....That they were able to play a real simulated game. That tells me numbers are up even with some missing. Also, not a lot of bad mistakes. Overall I would think Mac has to grade this Spring a success just from a sheer experience and working on the offense. And we are way farther along than this time last year. With all that said.....Now just have to go out and do it this fall. The East is prime for the taking if UF wants it.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Anyone have any updates on Stone Forsythe? He enrolled early but I've heard nothing all spring. He was on the sidelines Friday night but not suited up? Has he been hurt? Is he overweight? The couple of sideline shots of him, it looked like he was really overweight.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry. Was typing on my iPhone and it must have auto-corrected. I had no intention of calling him "Trash" and dislike when people do that. I have edited the post

That's it, Law's just been on his phone this whole time. Damn auto-correct.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yes, that is the case. It did seem a little contrived. Even so, Del Rio looked pretty good. Threw nicely to the open receiver. It was such a relief to see Treon "nowhere."
Yeah, I will give you that LDR looked good even if it was the second team. I will just argue that we need to see Appleby with the first team before we jump to conclusions on Jim.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I still haven't seen the game. It's pretty amazing how much better our QB situation appears to be(knock on wood). Mac talks of how important the summer is. I think he wants to see the leadership of the QB's and the rest, too to see who the players gravitate toward.

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Still haven't watched - waiting for the wife to clear an evening for us to watch.

I'm piqued by Pineiro. I'd like to see him continue pushing and find his ceiling. And then for us to find it well beyond that of Janikowski's. Not sure what records that asshat may have in college, but I want Eddie to break them. Then, let Eddie have a great NFL career that eclipses anything Janikowski has done.

Sorry to only comment on the kicker, I'm trying to give up coffee and at 1PM my head is still in a fog..

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Still haven't watched - waiting for the wife to clear an evening for us to watch.

I'm piqued by Pineiro. I'd like to see him continue pushing and find his ceiling. And then for us to find it well beyond that of Janikowski's. Not sure what records that asshat may have in college, but I want Eddie to break them. Then, let Eddie have a great NFL career that eclipses anything Janikowski has done.

Sorry to only comment on the kicker, I'm trying to give up coffee and at 1PM my head is still in a fog..
I gave up caffeine entirely on Jan 1. It takes about three weeks, but once your past the headaches and cravings it's worth it. My energy level is higher without the peaks and valleys. Sleeping better than ever.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My life is a history of poor choices. I'm working to perfect it.

My life is a history of rich choices made poor ... by me.
My solution >> "Just let the homeless file for bunkruptcy."

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I gave up caffeine entirely on Jan 1. It takes about three weeks, but once your past the headaches and cravings it's worth it. My energy level is higher without the peaks and valleys. Sleeping better than ever.
haven't had caffeinated coffee or sodas in years. it's worth it

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Don't want to get ahead of myself...but my prediction of Worton having a breakout year this year might come to fruition

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator