• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If TEs can make reads, maybe one can play QB.
You mean like this?
jan-01-2011-tampa-florida-usa-florida-gators-quarterback-jordan-reed-dk0j6f.jpg

Or this?
Trey+Burton+Tennessee+v+Florida+aSFFoiZRaqal.jpg

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
I am a bit suspicious. Over what time period is this supposed to have happened? And were the supplements used legal or not?

No offense meant to you, but the tweets indicated the timeframe rounded to months. I believe they all said January to March. Additionally, those guy's before and after and the amounts gained do not indicate anything illegal over that span. Just my opinion based on personal experience over the years.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
No offense meant to you, but the tweets indicated the timeframe rounded to months. I believe they all said January to March. Additionally, those guy's before and after and the amounts gained do not indicate anything illegal over that span. Just my opinion based on personal experience over the years.
You are probably correct. Nonetheless, I have an award winning bodybuilder visiting who said it couldn't be done legally.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
You are probably correct. Nonetheless, I have an award winning bodybuilder visiting who said it couldn't be done legally.

Well I've never seen an award winning body builder get there legally! Regardless, supplements are a part of athletics and I would hope that Savage is doing what he needs to do to make sure these guys stay legal with the NCAA

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
@cecejeferson7:

These "pumped" pictures are pretty impressive. Glad to see that the off season work outs are doing the trick. Even the walk-ons are seeing impressive gains.

zsoltika.jpg

Bobby "Buzzsaw" Robinowitz - walk-on scat back.

Before:
Height: 5'7"
Weight: morbidly obese
Body fat%: 83%

After:
Height: 6'3"
Weight: just kinda' obese
Body fat: 82%

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

The before pictures are all resting. The after pictures are cut (certainly possible in a couple of months) and pumped/flexed. It’s not necessary muscle gain. At least not much.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The before pictures are all resting. The after pictures are cut (certainly possible in a couple of months) and pumped/flexed. It’s not necessary muscle gain. At least not much.
Okay, but don't the posted weights and body fat percentages indicate that it is muscle?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Okay, but don't the posted weights and body fat percentages indicate that it is muscle?

Depends. Grimes is a 2 lbs shift in weight, drop in body fat and he’s flexing. That’s what most of the guys are saying. Same weight but less fat and more muscle. I’ve experienced that in 6-12 weeks and watched my oldest son go from pudgy band kid to lean slot receiver/CB in a few weeks when he took up football. (He ran a 4.8 40, which amazed me.)

Buchanan’s numbers do look sketchy at best. Plus 16lbs and a major drop in body fat? I’m not up on the physiology of huge guys, but that seems either hyperbolic BS or something is amiss. Perhaps an underwhelming player is seeking attention.

Toney & Scarlett are in between that. Neither were carrying much fat anyway. I don’t know if 10lbs in 3 months is reasonable at their ages and body types with focused nutrition & weight training.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Depends. Grimes is a 2 lbs shift in weight, drop in body fat and he’s flexing. That’s what most of the guys are saying. Same weight but less fat and more muscle. I’ve experienced that in 6-12 weeks and watched my oldest son go from pudgy band kid to lean slot receiver/CB in a few weeks when he took up football. (He ran a 4.8 40, which amazed me.)

Buchanan’s numbers do look sketchy at best. Plus 16lbs and a major drop in body fat? I’m not up on the physiology of huge guys, but that seems either hyperbolic BS or something is amiss. Perhaps an underwhelming player is seeking attention.

Toney & Scarlett are in between that. Neither were carrying much fat anyway. I don’t know if 10lbs in 3 months is reasonable at their ages and body types with focused nutrition & weight training.
Thanks. Hope everything is on the up and up.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Last year's roster was all f'cked up. All sorts of errors and/or no changes from the previous year's roster (i.e. several players were the exact same height and weight as the previous season - no way that's possible). The only change that I noticed was true freshman OL TJ Moore - he was listed at 6' even....but he's 6'5, it was eventually changed back. Players like Moon went from 6'4 to 6'6, Desir-Jones shrunk 4 inches (from 6'4 on the 2016 roster to 6' even on the 2017 roster), Trask shrunk an inch and Franks grew an inch (from 16 to 17). There were all sorts of errors on the roster. I attribute it to a couple of interns getting drunk on the job while making the updates. But how does a kid go from 6'4 to 6' even....and nobody notices (or makes a correction)? Hopefully the same clowns who updated last year's roster aren't doing it again this year!

Buchanan, is listed at 283 on the 2017 roster - which is still light for an SEC scholarship OL. In the tweet it shows he was 276 in January. 276? That's absurd for an SEC OL. Maybe in the 1980's...but not in 2018! He's closer to 300 now, which makes him a 'real' SEC OL. I'm not sure how much the extra weight will help, as he also lacks talent. But if the OL coaching improves as much as the S&C coaching has, he could be All-SEC! :D

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't think this was posted, from Day 2 of practice:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-football-spring-practice-obversations-2

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — More than 1,000 fans turned out Saturday for Florida football’s second practice of the spring.

The Gators were once again in shorts and helmets and the offense made a couple big plays during 11-on-11 work. Here are SEC Country’s observations from the second practice:

• Florida’s quarterbacks performed better as a group on Saturday. Feleipe Franks once again opened as the starter and ran with the first-team offense for the majority of practice, throwing a pair of impressive passes to wide receivers Josh Hammond and Trevon Grimes.
  • For the second day in a row, Kyle Trask (No. 2), Jake Allen (No. 3) and Emory Jones (No. 4) received reps in that order. Trask was on point with his accuracy and ball placement in 7-on-7 work, connecting with receivers Dre Massey, Kadarius Toney and Rick Wells. Trask also received first-team reps during the 11-on-11 portion and found tight end Moral Stephens along the sideline for a nice play.
  • Allen had the top play of the day, throwing a bomb to Grimes — his former high school teammate — for a 65-yard touchdown pass during 7-on-7 work. Grimes had a better showing in his second practice with the Gators.
  • Jones hit a wide open C’yontai Lewis on a corner route with his first rep of 7-on-7 work. During passing drills, the early enrollee threw the ball in the net more than any other quarterback. In the 11-on-11 portion, Jones found Toney in a tight window and he extended his arms out to haul in the reception, drawing an applause from the crowd.
  • Florida running back Jordan Scarlett took it to the house on the first play of 11-on-11 work, another crowd pleaser. Lamical Perine and Iverson Clement also broke free for touchdown runs. Adarius Lemons improved his play on Day 2 and seemed to retain some of the pointers Friday from new position coach Greg Knox.
  • The tight ends had several passes thrown their way Saturday and appear to be much more involved in the new scheme, something Lewis alluded to after the first practice. “They use the tight end. It’s the main piece of the offense,” Lewis said. “We do a lot of running around, we do a lot of moving. We get the ball a lot now. They run most of plays off of the tight end. We got reads and all type of stuff now, so I’m excited about it.”
  • Florida’s starting offensive line: Martez Ivey (LT), Tyler Jordan (LG), T.J. McCoy (C), Fred Johnson (RG) and Jawaan Taylor (RT). Second-team offensive line: Jean DeLance (LT), Kavaris Harkless (LG), Nick Buchanan (C), T.J. Moore (RG) and Stone Forsythe (RT).
  • Florida’s starting defensive line: Jabari Zuniga (DE), Khairi Clark (NT) and Luke Ancrum (DE) with CeCe Jefferson at outside linebacker. Second-team defensive line: Zach Carter (DE), T.J. Slaton (NT) and Elijah Conliffe (DE) with Jachai Polite at outside linebacker.
  • Sophomore safety Shawn Davis was a standout performer on defense, recording a pass breakup and one of only two interceptions on the day. He worked with the second-team secondary, which also includes safety Donovan Stiner, nickel C.J. McWilliams and cornerbacks Trey Dean and Brian Edwards.
  • Linebacker Ventrell Miller tipped a pass during 11-on-11 work, leading to an interception for walk-on cornerback Austin Perry. Freshman safety Amari Burney got his hands on another pass Saturday, but could not hang on to the ball. He had a pair of picks in the opening practice.
  • The Gators had a handful of elite recruits on hand Saturday: 5-star defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux (Thousand Oaks, Calf.), 5-star running back Trey Sanders (Bradenton, Fla.), 4-star wide receiver Mycah Pittman (Calabasas, Calif.) and 4-star defensive end Derick Hunter (Fort Myers, Fla.).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
How is Ancrum running w/ the 1's on the DL? I'm curious how long Trask will be running #2. Also, I forgot (for some reason) that Grimes is 6'4. Wow! We've had some tall WR's recently, but they were all busts. This kid is legit and finally gives us a big-body WR we've not had for years. Hopefully Shawn Davis and Stiner continue to develop....or Austin Perry will be Law's favorite DB!!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stiner and McWilliams should never see the field.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Stiner and McWilliams should never see the field.

It's way, way too early to say that about Stiner. He's a true sophomore and has legit size to play Safety. McWilliams should have never been offered by ANY SEC school, much less UF.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Please take the numbers showing body fat being lost somewhere else, aint nobody got time around here to see the obvious. Now if you will excuse me, my ab-tronic just showed up in the mail and Im about to work out

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator