Spring Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody expect some leaks or official reports from practice? We have some talent but massive lack at some positions, and too many at others. I expect some movements. Some larger DB's to safety or LB as they can be used. Might be some additions to the oline as well but that is more difficult.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
VulcanAlex;n192866 said:
Anybody expect some leaks or official reports from practice? We have some talent but massive lack at some positions, and too many at others. I expect some movements. Some larger DB's to safety or LB as they can be used. Might be some additions to the oline as well but that is more difficult.
Grier got the reps with the 1st team from the start of practice.

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2015
I can't figure out how a relationship to the fans can be worked on this Spring when no one is allowed to see practice. I wouldn't worry about any "relationship" anyway, if UF wins double digit games, the "relationship" will be fine. I think 2012, when UF won eleven games and Muschamp was SEC Coach of the Year, there wasn't any problem with the "relationship" with the fans. It might have not been an exciting brand of football, but I didn't hear anyone complaining, especially after upsetting FSU.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Sgt. Schultz;n192881 said:
I can't figure out how a relationship to the fans can be worked on this Spring when no one is allowed to see practice. I wouldn't worry about any "relationship" anyway, if UF wins double digit games, the "relationship" will be fine. I think 2012, when UF won eleven games and Muschamp was SEC Coach of the Year, there wasn't any problem with the "relationship" with the fans. It might have not been an exciting brand of football, but I didn't hear anyone complaining, especially after upsetting FSU.

Well you were not at my house. Eleven wins mostly by luck and no offense to speak of will eventually catch up with you. I was very unhappy with Will not only because of the lack of production but also his way too emotional way of coaching, interacting with fans, and generally indicating he is not ready to manage a lemon aid stand properly.

Now the new coach might not be as good at defense or such, but his is world's better manager of both the organization, the media, and fans. I expect him to be way better in managing the players as well, Will stinks at all these things!!!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

The problem is double digit wins is a long shot this year.....Fans know things could be rough but fans want to know the direction and goings on within the program regardless...If Muschamp had used this approach he might have bought more time regardless of the fact he was an idiot. If fans start questioning the coach it only ensures a quicker dismissal this time, and Foleys job would also be on the line, starting the whole process over again......It is essential with where this program is here and now.....

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Grier got the reps with the 1st team from the start of practice.

Curious how you are getting photos and practice information if they are supposed to be closed.
Don't get me wrong - any pix or info we get is awesome; was just wondering how they were obtained.
:drunk:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
GatorBart;n192894 said:
Curious how you are getting photos and practice information if they are supposed to be closed.
Don't get me wrong - any pix or info we get is awesome; was just wondering how they were obtained.
:drunk:
It's closed to the fans but the media is allowed to attend the first 30 minutes of each practice. I just stole the pics and info from their twitter accounts and posted it here.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
It's closed to the fans but the media is allowed to attend the first 30 minutes of each practice. I just stole the pics and info from their twitter accounts and posted it here.

Okay, thanks!
And nicely done, BTW!

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
great job so far!

I would think that Grier would get 1st team reps because Mac has zero college tape on the kid, where as he has tape of Harris. So don't read too much in to this.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n192909 said:
No, MacDaddy has been reading my posts here.
Bout time somebody started using his real nick name

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2015
I agree that Muschamp was not very good with talking about UF. He led fans down a primrose path full of thorns by overselling how good the team was. I remember the SEC Media days last year when Muschamp and the players with him had the wrong attitude to present to the public. I remember how different Alabama and Florida were. Alabama, coming off an eleven win season, was very humble. At the other end of the spectrum was UF, coming off a four win season. UF was very cocky and acted like they were coming off a title. Remember Muschamp's mantra about UF being a "very good" team and that Driskel was going to be a great quarterback? That kind of unwarranted optimism filtered down to the players. The best example of that was when Hargreaves proclaimed that Jeff Driskel was the "best quarterback in America." It's easier to keep your job if you poor mouth your team, then when thy succeed, you look like you're a genius coach. If you take the route that Muschamp took, saying how great your players are, and they don't measure up, you look like you can't coach at all. It's ok to brag if you can back it up, something Spurrier was able to do. But it's a lot safer to poor mouth your team and praise the other. One of the masters at that was Vince Dooley. I recall all the times when he bemoaned about how his poor little Bulldogs didn't ave a chance against the mighty Gators. We all learned what a crock that was.
From what I've seen so far, it looks like McElwain is somewhere in between, he's brash by saying his dog could play quarterback, yet he's not making any kind of statement about this team. If I was him, knowing I have a six year contract, I wouldn't say anything to make UF fans think UF is a great team, just tell stories of doom and woe, like he is about the offensive line right now. He'll be a genius that way, if he succeeds, wow what a coach. If he doesn't do great, well what did you expect, a miracle?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't hear anyone complaining, especially after upsetting FSU.
That W was not an upset, not even close. We were a far superior team even without any offense, had a better record at the time and had played a schedule that blew anything halfassu dealt with out of the water. fsu winning would have been an upset.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It might have not been an exciting brand of football, but I didn't hear anyone complaining, especially after upsetting FSU.
You must have missed the interviews in which Chimp went Dawgshiiiit Crazy because the press asked when Drisktard was getting benched. Or when Dawgshiiiiit started screaming that Gators don't know how to win and "this is how you win football games!!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator