Spring Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
CaribGator;n192977 said:
UHMM i thought last year we instilled a hurry up offense and actually saw some of it in practice before the season started, so is Macdaddy running a hyper offense?

Understandable the D is ahead, always is at the start and we have more talent on that side of the ball. The not being able to run the ball part is kind of scary, we didn't pass much the pass few years, but we did run the ball pretty decent at times. Maybe it's a sign our young DT's are stuffing it pretty good up the middle.

Carib, the pace may be more of a conditioning thing than anything else. It may also be to see who picks up on new things that the staff is working on or will be installing??? Although the run game looked good at times last year it was at times awful too so I'm not shocked.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
crosscreekcooter;n193004 said:
Looks like he's got his starter already picked out and working him

Or checking to see if the "back spasms" should have warranted a medical from last year......:whistle:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC;n192999 said:
For the love of God, some things never change. I took a break because of you, hoping to return to something different for the exciting start of a new era, but nope, same ol' ****ing you. You don't live in Realville, you live in Makeothersmiserableville.

I'll check back later, you'd think since you're so ****ing miserable all the time that YOU would be the one to take a break. But nope, the rest of us can't be that fortunate can we.

What should be a thrilling day, if for nothing else, the official first action without Muschamp, but no, let's go ahead and wallow in our deficiencies, and the shout-down anyone who happens to be somewhat happy and optimistic. Not even sticking around to read your response, so save it.

The funny part is that Law calls me a parrot :shocked: Anyway just ignore all the BS DC, most of us here like reading your post.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n192975 said:
Law, why don't you just give it a rest for a while? You've made your opinions on our current roster situation quite clear.

Thank you!!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For the love of God, some things never change. I took a break because of you, hoping to return to something different for the exciting start of a new era, but nope, same ol' ****ing you. You don't live in Realville, you live in Makeothersmiserableville.

I'll check back later, you'd think since you're so ****ing miserable all the time that YOU would be the one to take a break. But nope, the rest of us can't be that fortunate can we.

What should be a thrilling day, if for nothing else, the official first action without Muschamp, but no, let's go ahead and wallow in our deficiencies, and the shout-down anyone who happens to be somewhat happy and optimistic. Not even sticking around to read your response, so save it.

DC, don't leave because of law. Stay and interact with the other Gator fans on here. We need the positivity you bring.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We won't know anything about the running game until later this month. We haven't had a true running back with break away speed since C4.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n193032 said:
We won't know anything about the running game until later this month. We haven't had a true running back with break away speed since C4.

Pretty sure Demps had break away speed, but he needed a huge hole to get to that speed.

Do you think any of our RBs coming in have that type of speed we are looking for?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;193033 said:
Pretty sure Demps had break away speed, but he needed a huge hole to get to that speed.

Do you think any of our RBs coming in have that type of speed we are looking for?

Demps and Rainey had world-class speed. But I don't think of either as true running backs. They couldn't fight through the line of scrimmage for yardage and carry a team at the end of the game by driving for first downs. But they were fast as hell. A great yin and yang with a bull of a quarterback.

I think Scarlett has the chance to do that. He reminds me a bit of those Georgia backs of the last few years.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think that Taylor and Lane get the majority of the carries this year. Scarlett will get some time because neither of those guys will be able to stay healthy for the entire season.

I think Scarlett takes the job outright in 2016.

Powell will be in the slot.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I don't post nearly as often as I used to because I, too, have grown tired of his shtick...again. It's a shame because Law can be a very insightful and funny guy at times, but he's become worse of a troll than any rival we've had in recent memory. I didn't donate to the podcast experiment because I don't think I'm gonna be around to listen to them. It's about time for me to find somehwere else to hang out because he's simply unbearable and obviously Ox can take about 10x more of it than I can.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n193041 said:
Demps and Rainey had world-class speed. But I don't think of either as true running backs. They couldn't fight through the line of scrimmage for yardage and carry a team at the end of the game by driving for first downs. But they were fast as hell. A great yin and yang with a bull of a quarterback.

I think Scarlett has the chance to do that. He reminds me a bit of those Georgia backs of the last few years.

Rainey did have world class speed, but he always seemed to get caught from behind on his long runs. Rainey was quick as hell with his cuts though. I agree that Demps and Rainey needed a hole or they would do nothing.

I look forward to Scarlett getting on the field this season.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member

Well there is the ignore feature to cut down on the negativity. I generally agree that there are issues and ignore the repeating of them. Champ left a mess that won't be fixed easily or quickly at least someone is trying to fix it!!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n193043 said:
I don't post nearly as often as I used to because I, too, have grown tired of his shtick...again. It's a shame because Law can be a very insightful and funny guy at times, but he's become worse of a troll than any rival we've had in recent memory. I didn't donate to the podcast experiment because I don't think I'm gonna be around to listen to them. It's about time for me to find somehwere else to hang out because he's simply unbearable and obviously Ox can take about 10x more of it than I can.

Both of you are better than that. It's been pretty neutral around here outside of the o line shortage. I definitely feel like we are on the upswing. 2015 might be a tough year...a learning year but 2016 we should be competing for the East. I hate to see any poster go including Wobs or Sasquatch. More participation is better for all.

Happy St Paddys Day to all.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Sgt. Schultz;n193000 said:
I thought you had to block to be able to run, so it's not a stretch to think UF can't run the ball right now. The most experienced lineman is Rod Johnson, the next is David Sharpe. Johnson played some, Sharpe not hardly any, and the rest may as well be virgins. UF has plenty of defensive linemen, so it's not a surprise that UF is going to have a struggle running the ball. You have to take whatever the coaches say with a grain of salt, though. It's normal for coaches to lie, just recall how great everything coming out of Spring or Summer practice the past couple of years and the when UF played someone with a pulse you learned that it was all B.S. It's going to be particularly hard for anyone to get a gauge on well this team will be from just playing each other anyway. Is the defensive end a monster that is a terror in the backfield or is the offensive lineman a matador? You won't really know until facing someone with a different uniform on that's not a directional team.

Quite a bit of truth in this. Good coaches don't actually lie but they don't tell 100% of what they actually see and think. Now you can look at the tape of practice and tell a lot. I expect the freshmen to help when they arrive.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n193043 said:

Hope you come back soon.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n193043 said:

Ignore him and stick around, this place needs posters with a good sense of humor for the long stretch coming after spring and until fall.....

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Spring practice bores me to tears, but it's nice to see some new faces out there. Don't put too much into Mac's comment about the run game improving, they weren't even wearing pads. He probably means they need to continue to learn the new blocking schemes for his run plays in his offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator