I think we know who the QB coach is.

3491508.jpg

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just happy it's happening. Long way to go before it takes shape to any degree of certainty. I'm going to try to not hang onto every little thing and instead just let the process be what it is.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach's take on today:

“Fun first day, gotta say this, finally, it seems like it's taken forever to get out on the field and do what the heck we're here to do and that's coach some ball,” McElwain said. “I like the way the guys have come together, the competition between the units, understanding that each and every play is an opportunity to get better. They probably took a lot more reps than what they had been used to in the past and yet we've got to increase our pace. But it was pretty good for the first day, I felt good about that.

“Defensively, they're obviously ahead. There's a lot of carry-over from what they were doing, you can see how fast they were playing and yet, you saw some things offensively with some guys, especially with not that many offensive lineman, guys in there battling. We've got to do a lot better job in the run game.

“But overall you can see some communication going on, and that's really a start so, fun day. Great to be out there and now we get to go watch video; that's even better.”

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20150316/articles/150319653?p=all&tc=pgall

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Law98gator;n192936 said:
Very Nusschampish. Makes sense with walkon former tuba players soon to be playing on the OL.
When people Keep wishing for bad $hit to happen law,it usually does! Hopefully you get disappointed!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
When people Keep wishing for bad $hit to happen law,it usually does! Hopefully you get disappointed!
Really? So you think if something really bizarre happens like maybe 2 linemen getting hurt between now and the end of next season it will be because I kept "wishing" for it?

Please tell me an instance of one single football team making it through the year without a big ugly getting hurt. We usually lose 3-5 in spring practice and about that again in fall practice, with maybe half of those being season or career ending injuries. It's tough work in the trenches.

We were DISASTROUSLY thin in 2013, like sound the alarm, fire the Dawg thin, and we now have half that depth. Depth is really the wrong word because depth implies there is someone standing behind the 1s. There isn't. Just converted DLs walkons and (in August) 18 year old high schoolers.

I've never even heard of any other team recruiting so poorly that they can't have a spring game for three years in a row and now we don't even have enough to practice.

I live in Realville. Sorry for not undertanding Fantasytown very well.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law, why don't you just give it a rest for a while? You've made your opinions on our current roster situation quite clear.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n192966 said:
Coach's take on today:

They probably took a lot more reps than what they had been used to in the past and yet we've got to increase our pace. But it was pretty good for the first day, I felt good about that.

UHMM i thought last year we instilled a hurry up offense and actually saw some of it in practice before the season started, so is Macdaddy running a hyper offense?

GatorJ;n192966 said:
“Defensively, they're obviously ahead. There's a lot of carry-over from what they were doing, you can see how fast they were playing and yet, you saw some things offensively with some guys, especially with not that many offensive lineman, guys in there battling. We've got to do a lot better job in the run game.

Understandable the D is ahead, always is at the start and we have more talent on that side of the ball. The not being able to run the ball part is kind of scary, we didn't pass much the pass few years, but we did run the ball pretty decent at times. Maybe it's a sign our young DT's are stuffing it pretty good up the middle.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n192977 said:
Understandable the D is ahead, always is at the start and we have more talent on that side of the ball. The not being able to run the ball part is kind of scary, we didn't pass much the pass few years, but we did run the ball pretty decent at times. Maybe it's a sign our young DT's are stuffing it pretty good up the middle.
Dude, they aren't even wearing pads yet. No one said we aren't able to run the ball on day 1 of practice

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n192987 said:
Dude, they aren't even wearing pads yet. No one said we aren't able to run the ball on day 1 of practice
Yea, what was I thinking? I was going off of Macdaddy's comment "We've got to do a lot better job in the run game"

:fear:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was starting to get a little excited again.......... then I read Laws post.......... :cry2:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n192970 said:

Law … you built Realville, ground up.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n192970 said:

For the love of God, some things never change. I took a break because of you, hoping to return to something different for the exciting start of a new era, but nope, same ol' ****ing you. You don't live in Realville, you live in Makeothersmiserableville.

I'll check back later, you'd think since you're so ****ing miserable all the time that YOU would be the one to take a break. But nope, the rest of us can't be that fortunate can we.

What should be a thrilling day, if for nothing else, the official first action without Muschamp, but no, let's go ahead and wallow in our deficiencies, and the shout-down anyone who happens to be somewhat happy and optimistic. Not even sticking around to read your response, so save it.

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2015
I thought you had to block to be able to run, so it's not a stretch to think UF can't run the ball right now. The most experienced lineman is Rod Johnson, the next is David Sharpe. Johnson played some, Sharpe not hardly any, and the rest may as well be virgins. UF has plenty of defensive linemen, so it's not a surprise that UF is going to have a struggle running the ball. You have to take whatever the coaches say with a grain of salt, though. It's normal for coaches to lie, just recall how great everything coming out of Spring or Summer practice the past couple of years and the when UF played someone with a pulse you learned that it was all B.S. It's going to be particularly hard for anyone to get a gauge on well this team will be from just playing each other anyway. Is the defensive end a monster that is a terror in the backfield or is the offensive lineman a matador? You won't really know until facing someone with a different uniform on that's not a directional team.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n192963 said:
I think we know who the QB coach is.

3491508.jpg
Looks like he's got his starter already picked out and working him

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac may be drilling Grier first in order to catch him up with the experience Treon got playing the real deal. ?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n193007 said:
Mac may be drilling Grier first in order to catch him up with the experience Treon got playing the real deal. ?
My take is, from Mac's presser (http://gatorchatter.com/forum/main-sports-forum/189516-jim-mcelwain-spring-press-conference) he stated how the staff has watched a ton of film of the players, obviously because Grier redshirted there was no film for Mac to evaluate him with, so it is only logical that he would put him out there in the beginning and probably most of spring to see exactly what the kid can do against college players. (high school tape doesn't cut it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member