Spring Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n199576 said:
The coaches were really raving about taven Bryan today. Apparently he's working with the first team. Doesn't look he'll be playing offense anytime soon lol

Is Harris back at practice today?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sgt. Schultz;n199671 said:
Does the "waist" have anything to do with the midline?

Go back to your Rapeis knob slobbing on one of your semi boards.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Sgt. Schultz;n199516 said:
How often do you see a true freshman start on the offensive line? I know about Robinson at Alabama and Tunsil at Ole Miss, but they are rare exceptions. Ivey? Maybe, but I doubt it unless he eats a lot of cheeseburgers over the Summer.

Last time I saw freshman start on the offensive line would be just about anytime a program had this damn few OL players. What are we going to do, line up without someone at a position and just notify the defense we're playing with a 'Ghost Player at tackle' like it's an 8 yr old kickball game with ghost runners on second? Hey, maybe JMac will innovate a 3TE set to cover our OL gaps.

Let me know when the nole troll says something you can believe, then I'll pay attention.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
TLB;n200412 said:
Last time I saw freshman start on the offensive line would be just about anytime a program had this damn few OL players. What are we going to do, line up without someone at a position and just notify the defense we're playing with a 'Ghost Player at tackle' like it's an 8 yr old kickball game with ghost runners on second? Hey, maybe JMac will innovate a 3TE set to cover our OL gaps.

Let me know when the nole troll says something you can believe, then I'll pay attention.

Didn't Reggie Green and Jason Odom start on the O-line as freshmen?

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Left Coast Gator;n198070 said:
Have you ever considered Anger Management Classes??

I think he has went to so many of them they certified him as an instructor.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n200423 said:
Yes '92, and it was a rough year for Matthews compared to '90 and '91. If wasn't for SOS's great game planning, it would of been far worse.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is Bryan Cocks Jr. still on the team? I haven't heard anything about him this spring.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n200412 said:

You'll be waiting a long damn time.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n200494 said:
Is Bryan Cocks Jr. still on the team? I haven't heard anything about him this spring.

Yeah. Cox is still lining up at DE and is looking to be a major contributor this year.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n200423 said:

Maurkice Pouncey (11 of 13 games as RG) (Mike started 4 games, but he had been moved to DL for his freshman year)
Didn't Nixon get a few starts as a freshman? From Wiki: as a true freshman in 2009, he started the season as backup at left tackle. In a game at South Carolina, he made his first career start at left tackle. Nixon was the first freshman to start at left tackle for the Gators since Reggie Green in 1992.[SUP][4][/SUP] He was credited with helping to reduce the number of quarterback sacks by opposing teams.[SUP][5][/SUP]
I also thought Humphries got a start or two in. From Wiki: Humphries enrolled in January 2012 to participate in spring practice. As a true freshman, he appeared in all 12 games, starting three (South Carolina, Missouri, and Louisiana–Lafayette).

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@RobbieAndreu: Florida quarterback Treon Harris returned today after missing three practices after his cousin was killed in Miami last Tuesday.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@RobbieAndreu: McElwain said he feels like the Gators took a step back today for the first time this spring.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorZoneScott: McElwain said team took 111 reps at Saturday’s scrimmage. However, didn’t like way practice went today. First day they didn’t improve IHO.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@Morgan_Moriarty: Or three-and-outs RT @ZachAbolverdi: McElwain says the defense didn't have any turnovers in Saturday's scrimmage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.