Spurrier, Meyer, Mullen? How Gators’ new coach resembles past national champions

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Last year he was 105th ish in passing offense.

He hovers in the 60-90th. That's exactly what we should expect for the next three years.
Hot damn! Improvement. I can’t wait to see the ball move forward.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hot damn! Improvement. I can’t wait to see the ball move forward.
That is actually worse than Nusschump.

But no doubt the line and run game will move from lazy and inept to the below avereage maybe even averagish range.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In theory it can be a great offense. We saw that from 2007-2009. You have to have the right people. This is as much a 180 year as 2011 was going from the triple to the Plod & Trod.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2009 was far from a great offense.

Id agree 2007 and 2008 wwre good. Wasted a pile of WR talent (best weve ever had not even close) and made the games much closer than they should have been though.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I know. Twice in 11 years Mulkinz has averaged a little better than that 200-225 yards of passing per game. (Too be fair those are big numbers for a Notre Dame 1950s veer offense.)

If the QB reads too many in the box presnap, then and only then does he pass. But some of those bastards disguise their coverage and have the SS dive inside late before the lemur offense can respond. Bastards!

I feel like we ve done this argument before.
I can’t anybody listens to you. It’s meerkat. Jeesh. Tighten up.

800px-Meerkat_%28Suricata_suricatta%29_Tswalu.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2009 was far from a great offense.

Id agree 2007 and 2008 wwre good. Wasted a pile of WR talent (best weve ever had not even close) and made the games much closer than they should have been though.
Mullen and Harvin were gone. Tebow dealt with the after-effects of a concussion. We still put up over 500 yards a game.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His offense for sure isn't pretty. There's gonna be plenty of bytching if we struggle to move the ball, and I know we will for at least a period of time until we get the QB pic settled.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yeah, I know. Twice in 11 years Mulkinz has averaged a little better than that 200-225 yards of passing per game. (Too be fair those are big numbers for a Notre Dame 1950s veer offense.)

If the QB reads too many in the box presnap, then and only then does he pass. But some of those bastards disguise their coverage and have the SS dive inside late before the lemur offense can respond. Bastards!

I feel like we ve done this argument before.

Actually his offenses exceeded 225 ypg passing in 7 of the last 13 years, 8 of the last 15 and 9 of the last 17. Once over 300. Never in his first year at any school.

It all depends on the QB. Josh Harris, Alex Smith, Leak, Tebow & Prescott accounted for all of those 225+ years. We do not have that sort of player yet - at least not yet known or proven. So yeah, not likely this year. Maybe next if one or two of these guys pans out.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We couldn't either. Rainey was a poor man's Percy.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
You have never proved me wrong champ. Not once. The only thing is the Percy position which I didnt take a stance on to begin with.

Please provide stats and analysis why Mullens offense is the worst thing ever created. Please. You dont. You regurgitate fake bull**** opinion on a daily basis. And I as well as other posters have pointed out, and straight from Mullens mouth as wel, his passing o is dictated on who he has at qb, and yet, being so god damn horrendous, over a 12 year period still averages 3,100 yards passing a season. His total offense has been steady since day one. It cant be argued unless youre one of those alternate fact people which you clearly are.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer used the slot to run more than catch passes. Rainey played the position the next two seasons after Harvin left and touched the ball far more often than did James. Regardless, neither was able to fill Harvin's shoes.

If you're going to try and compare recruiting athletes at Mississippi State to Florida or Ohio State, you'll come up with the same conclusion every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator