Spurrier, Meyer, Mullen? How Gators’ new coach resembles past national champions

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Actually his offenses exceeded 225 ypg passing in 7 of the last 13 years, 8 of the last 15 and 9 of the last 17. Once over 300. Never in his first year at any school.

It all depends on the QB. Josh Harris, Alex Smith, Leak, Tebow & Prescott accounted for all of those 225+ years. We do not have that sort of player yet - at least not yet known or proven. So yeah, not likely this year. Maybe next if one or two of these guys pans out.
He wasn't the OC at Bowling green or Utah. His offense needs a great QB to work. If they suck it's just the option.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
All we can do is hope better players will make it more effective.
Amen ... get some Gators with talent, developed skills, worked-up strength, speed, FB confidence, etc.

At least MacNuss is long gone.

Fans' thinking, hoping bugs you?
1st UF had to fire McElwain, "all that he is" forced us to fire him. He was infecting the program with confusion & dispiriting all

2nd, "pie-in-the-sky", creative-O, Chip Kelly failed us far worse than Mullen has.
3rd, are we to expect confidence & momentum from our players while exuding the opposite from ourselves, GatorNation?

If they suck it's just the option.
Subtle, good wordplay ... some choosing the option of UF sucking, as something that right now must be recognized as predestined.??

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He wasn't the OC at Bowling green or Utah. His offense needs a great QB to work. If they suck it's just the option.
His offense needs a great quarterback in the absence of other playmakers. Let's see what happens when Mullen plugs in Florida-type athletes like Toney, Powell and Davis.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Youre not chill. Notice how all you do is have to defend yourself in just about every single post you make?

He has never been balanced? Dude. Its so laughable you can be given numbers and stats to prove completely without a doubt youre wrong and yet you go about your day ignoring it.

Alabama was heavy run and didnt even average 200 yards passing this year and guess what traz? That bull**** stupid ass line where nobody who isnt balanced cant compete is right out the window. Yet youll go about your day as if you proved the world wrong yet again.

There is tons and gobs and buttloads of data that contradicts every single ounce of everything you have ever said about Mullen and what he could accomplish here offensively. You need to get over it.

You have no idea what he can accomplish here. It could fail it could ge great but you speak in definites like youre the end all be all to Mullens offense and youre just wrong. All the damn time

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Nobody wants to hear this. How many times have you read on multiple Gator sites..."I'm really starting to like this hire." or "Mullen is really starting to win me over." Not only have you seen this a lot recently but for all three of our last hires. You could insert Chump or Mac's name for Mullen. This fanbase really does have battered fan syndrome. Mullen could crush it here for all I know. And hell, that would be awesome but there is nothing wrong with being skeptical at this point.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Itraz subscribes to the theory that if you repeat the same crap over and over again, eventually people will start believing.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Ive watched casual games and ive watched hilights and schematic breakdowns of his offense and formations. You can go ahead and stop swinging from that tree

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thank my lucky stars that Meyer wasn't coaching 2002 Bowling Green when we faced Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl in January 2009.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
ok everyone go ahead stop caring about football. Traz is the end all be all. Thanks to the dumbasses on here who keep falsely stroking his ego.

We‘re all talking football. You are taking one specific -blinders totally on - narrative, and you have said, try your hardest to deny, that we are going to be a joke of an offense. WRs stay away. Quality qbs stay away. He will ONLY run swing passes. Even though his career spans before Fitzgerald which you cant seem to grasp.

We know its run heavy. We also, as in we, the ones with common sense that can flip a book past the first page and go back to Utah up til Dak, and see it can be more than what you are trying desperately to sell.

Ive never seen anyone in my posting history constantly have to stand up for himself like you do

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We'd all be lost without your football brilliance, Itraz.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm 62 years dumb. The only thing I know I know is I don't know. Keeps me guessin'.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
:facepalm:

I’ve seen him coach. Against us. I’ve watch bowl games. Ive watched hilights and breakdowns. Stop skimping what I’ve said. Its obsurd how dense you are.

What you do, is preech your opinion as fact. Over and over and over again. We get that you dont like him. Its clear as day you hate his guts. You... have.... no.... idea.... whats..... going.... to.... happen.... at Florida. Not the same talent pool. Not the same competition. Not the same crap hole state.

You don’t think he developed Dak and made him a super star?

You talk about qb coach and HC as if hes been awful lately? Im really trying to understand. Fitz is arguably the greatest running qb in SEC history. Hes a terrible passer. Barely made it as a 3 star recruit and still passed for 2500 yards last year. He ran for 1400 in 2016 and 800 in 2017 before injury. Dak is a super star and had two amazingly efficient seasons. Why I even waste my time typing this because your retort will be Mullen sucks.

Hes done all of this with a FRACTION of the talent pool that Uf has. Hell we consider UF depleted of blue chip talent and its still better than what MSU could ever field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.