Sully is staying!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In any elimination tourney, baseball can be a flip of the coin. We just need to be penny wise and
pound the foolish.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Cool, more trip to Omaha to leave empty handed.
My thoughts exactly. He spits the bit in every game that could be decided by a good manager. Even last night, why start Faedo in the first place? I know they scored no runs but why the change? He was over paid before Texas came after him. It was an emabarrasment, especially having to watch them interview Dumbo "the dwarf" Fisher.

Last edited:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Blaming Sully? Really?
Faedo has been our best pitcher this year. He struggled, but still did a decent job. Hats off the the clown pitcher, he was very good last night.
You can't apply a football mentally to baseball. An underdog has won a game in every series so far. Should all the coaches of the favorites be fired?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Blaming Sully? Really?
Faedo has been our best pitcher this year. He struggled, but still did a decent job. Hats off the the clown pitcher, he was very good last night.
You can't apply a football mentally to baseball. An underdog has won a game in every series so far. Should all the coaches of the favorites be fired?
Entitlement mentality

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We gotta roar through the next 2 games. That's all there is to it.

My niece toured FSU's biology lab.
She said they had multiple cages with balloon animals in them.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Blaming Sully? Really?
I know, right? A baseball coach has never been blamed before when their team doesn't perform. Unheard of.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know, right? A baseball coach has never been blamed before when their team doesn't perform. Unheard of.
You can blame the coach for making stupid substitutions.
You can blame the coach for not being situationally aware and making bone headed decisions.
You cannot blame the coach when the pitchers don't throw strikes.
You cannot blame the coach when the batters don't get hits.
You cannot blame the coach when the ball takes a wild hop and/or a player makes an error (unless he just substituted that player in for no logical reason).
Yesterday's loss is 90% on the players and I hope they had a players only meeting last night or this morning to talk about getting their heads on straight and their $hit together.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You can blame the coach for making stupid substitutions.
You can blame the coach for not being situationally aware and making bone headed decisions.
You cannot blame the coach when the pitchers don't throw strikes.
You cannot blame the coach when the batters don't get hits.
You cannot blame the coach when the ball takes a wild hop and/or a player makes an error (unless he just substituted that player in for no logical reason).
Yesterday's loss is 90% on the players and I hope they had a players only meeting last night or this morning to talk about getting their heads on straight and their $hit together.
The point is the Coach takes the brunt of the blame no matter what. You can certainly fall back on the excuse of, "The players play and the Coaches coach" but there's a reason so many coaches are fired due to the lack of execution on the field no matter the sport.

But then again, I remember most of you sticking up for Duncechamp with the same excuse so no surprise.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The point is the Coach takes the brunt of the blame no matter what. You can certainly fall back on the excuse of, "The players play and the Coaches coach" but there's a reason so many coaches are fired due to the lack of execution on the field no matter the sport.

But then again, I remember most of you sticking up for Duncechamp with the same excuse so no surprise.
Because yes, Sully and Chump have the same productivity and results on the field. Great analogy.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Because yes, Sully and Chump have the same productivity and results on the field. Great analogy.
The patience, at a football school, is 10x thinner for a football coach than a baseball coach. You see what you get with Sully. Some of us are just tired of it while others like to keep hoping and praying.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The patience, at a football school, is 10x thinner for a football coach than a baseball coach. You see what you get with Sully. Some of us are just tired of it while others like to keep hoping and praying.
Tired of going to Omaha every year? Tired of top notch recruiting classes? Would you prefer we hired some no-name and hope he can maintain a .500 record? Or, can you name someone that would be a more successful hire.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You guys have a serious problem with status quo. Getting to Omaha is like getting invited to the Big Dance. Great, Sully has top recruiting classes. So did Muschump. Sully is great with Pitchers. Musdump was a defensive Guru.

I'm a believe we've seen what we got in Sully and there won't be any different outcomes. Clearly I'm not the only one.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If your tired go to bed. I'll be watching Sully's Gators play in the post season, which I've grown fond of.

Omaha is a crapshoot. A double elimination tourney is anybody's for the taking, especially with eight teams so evenly matched. The top seeded team hast won in 16 years. Holy cow, that's a lot of bad coaching outside of Gainesville.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
With the amount of talent that he is consistently bringing in, I would be surprised if he doesn't win at least one if not more NCs before he's done.

He's been bringing in boatloads of talent for the better part of 8 years. At what point does the coaching part kick in and get us over the hump?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You guys have a serious problem with status quo. Getting to Omaha is like getting invited to the Big Dance. Great, Sully has top recruiting classes. So did Muschump. Sully is great with Pitchers. Musdump was a defensive Guru.

I'm a believe we've seen what we got in Sully and there won't be any different outcomes. Clearly I'm not the only one.

I'm thinking their problem is with Sully's status whoa.?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Getting to Omaha is like making the Elite 8...not just getting into the big dance. Again, who would you hire that would be more successful, or are you okay going back into mediocrity at the expense of a prayer at a NC?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Getting to Omaha is like making the Elite 8...not just getting into the big dance. Again, who would you hire that would be more successful, or are you okay going back into mediocrity at the expense of a prayer at a NC?
This is something UGA asked themselves for over a decade of the Richt era. Unfortunately for us, they eventually made the right choice to move on.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is something UGA asked themselves for over a decade of the Richt era. Unfortunately for us, they eventually they made the right choice to move on.
Whether they made the right or not remains to be seen. I suspect they did, as well, but Kirby could turn out to be WM Part Deaux.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Whether they made the right or not remains to be seen. I suspect they did, as well, but Kirby could turn out to be WM Part Deaux.
You're right.

It all depends on what your goals are. If your goal is to get to the WS every year, then Sully is a great choice. If your goal is to win it all, then he may not be. He has already made a long list of questionable managerial decisions that in the view of a lot of people already cost us at least one title. Some guys are excellent recruiters and terrible in-game managers.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's never a crystal ball with the future, but there's certainly a lot of evidence from the past that would support a change.

Look, it's not happening today or tomorrow or next year. Fooley's already taken care of that for us. However, don't be surprised when it comes down to one of his Managerial decisions and he pulls another Sully magic trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator