Swamp 24/7 and USA Today... not a lot of bright spots on Mullen

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
All of this is actually good news. He's not only assuring his eventual demise, he's likely hastening it.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Even the fuch head writers over at gator country are saying Mullen is safe this year as long as he wins out and makes multiple staff changes. But their saying if he loses one more game he's gone this year. I think he's gone this year regardless, not because they fire him but because he want's out and has all but quit already.
If he really believes he did everything right and gave it his best shot I can see why he wants to go. He really screwed the dog on this. He’s really not that bright, apparently.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
The last time I saw a coach this checked out, it was Nick Saban when he was coaching the Miami Dolphins. It was crystal clear he did not want to be there but he had a contract to fulfill. Huizenga decided to let him leave since he didn't want to be there.

If Stricklin had half a brain, and I don't think he does, negotiating Mullen's exit should be a top priority.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Does one ever encounter sharks while wakeboarding and if so are there pics? :)

Although I think a goat or other furry watching from behind the camera is more likely

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
The last time I saw a coach this checked out, it was Nick Saban when he was coaching the Miami Dolphins. It was crystal clear he did not want to be there but he had a contract to fulfill. Huizenga decided to let him leave since he didn't want to be there.

If Stricklin had half a brain, and I don't think he does, negotiating Mullen's exit should be a top priority.

Stricklin is too busy hiding from his own shadow at the moment

DoubleGator87and90

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Another article on the Athletic regarding Mullen's lack of recruiting focus. I know it's a paid site so here is a key excerpt for those that don't have an account:

"Mullen is an embarrassment to the recruiting profession,” a Power 5 recruiting staffer with deep knowledge of the SEC told The Athletic on Monday afternoon. “Mullen has shown a propensity to be clueless with why recruiting is so important, and this just adds to what is already known out there: He doesn’t get it. By ‘it,’ I mean he doesn’t understand what it takes to be an elite program. Kirby was 100 percent correct.”

Wasserman: Dan Mullen doesn't get it, which means Florida has a problem

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Wasn’t sure which of the Dan Mullen is a Tool threads we have going that would be the best fit for this, so I’ll piggyback off you. Look at his face as soon as the word recruiting is mentioned in the question. Holy smokes this is about to be bad for this guy.

To me, this reeks of Mullen trying to force UF to fire him but ensure it’s not for cause so he gets his full buyout. Making glaringly stupid comments like this that don’t quite rise to the level of McElwain’s death threats comment.

He knows damn well a comment like this is going to inflame everybody & set the internet abuzz. He wants out…he has no desire to be here.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To me, this reeks of Mullen trying to force UF to fire him but ensure it’s not for cause so he gets his full buyout. Making glaringly stupid comments like this that don’t quite rise to the level of McElwain’s death threats comment. He wants our…he has no desire to be here.

His agent (also Butters agent) has instructed him how to piss people off, but not say something that would lower the buyout.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

10259835.jpeg

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Never in my life did I ever imagine there’d ever be a coach dumber than Zook, more arrogant than Muschump, and lazier than Butters. But somehow, this f*cktard managed to hit the trifecta of worst coaching traits.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I do have one major disagreement with the writer of this article… this fool said that Mullen has “a penchant for developing overlooked players”. There is ZERO evidence of this. ZERO. How many upset victories does Dan have? How many times has Dan lost to unranked teams? It’s false statements like that one that has kept this fraud employed over the years. Dan can’t develop sh!t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.