Tabor and Lewis Twitter spat

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Well, the lifetime membership is to help out a buddy of mine fulfill a goal. As for my opinion of Twitter, I'll just stick with texting those that are worth it in my life as I value privacy. Let me guess, you're a Facebook drone too. Gotta love the nobody's pretending to be somebody. I am guilty of checking into GC a few times a day to see what the Gator culture and team is up to. Freedom of choice on what to do with one's time rules though. But, I'm happy I made you laugh. Be safe, brother.

Wow, you took that way too seriously :lol:

And just for the record, Twitter > FB

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Backing up a guy who committed armed robbery over a guy on your team. Not a good idea.

Lewis probably "snitched" which we know is a huge no no.

If more people "snitched" maybe the ghettos wouldn't be quite as bad, but that's another argument for another day.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe the coaches did not specify :
1) no practice for 1 week
2) no first game presence
3) no twitter use for 2 weeks (these coaches aren't familiar with twitter wars ?)

Tabor's TV media me-me cameos, Name change claim Teez, now fighting with Lewis, next jabbing
Lewis via twitter. All that is nourishing a growing worry that Tabor is not going to be good on the field.
Will Tabor get an excess of interference calls ? Are unnecessary roughness penalties on his agenda ?
Now, I don't trust Tabor as a team player.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nah Luke, we're good man... I was going for the "kids have too much time on their hands" theme for continuing this petty tit for tat crap when your team mates are gearing up for one of the biggest seasons in terms of anticipation. Obviously, social media has it's zealots. Go Gators!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lewis probably "snitched" which we know is a huge no no.

If more people "snitched" maybe the ghettos wouldn't be quite as bad, but that's another argument for another day.

Part of raising children is getting him to understand that they are to not tattle. Reporting violent crimes is something different.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Good to see Lewis trying to refocus teez - "let's go win a ring." More leadership potential with the young TE.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Nah Luke, we're good man... I was going for the "kids have too much time on their hands" theme for continuing this petty tit for tat crap when your team mates are gearing up for one of the biggest seasons in terms of anticipation. Obviously, social media has it's zealots. Go Gators!

Good cuz I was just messing with ya :highfive:

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Tabor, while talented, is a huge narcissist.

Mac rolled the dice with him, helping him in NY and other instances so that Tabor could build his "brand".

It's now in danger of backfiring on him with Mac ending up feeding the monster.

At least Lewis tried to take the high road, especially after butt-hurt Tabor giving a really low blow re:JC Jackson.

Tabor needs to STFU - NOW. Hopefully there are a few team leaders who can "educate" him about this and what the whole team stands to lose if this continues.

Otherwise, Mac needs to suspend/cut him to excise the cancer.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Part of raising children is getting him to understand that they are to not tattle. Reporting violent crimes is something different.

Well yea that's apples to oranges. I'm talking about the "no snitching" theme that runs rampart in inner cities

Last edited:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
youtwitface.jpg

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Twitter is awesome. I just love it. Its great. Everybody please tweet some more. There are never enough tweets.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Twitter is the best news source out there. All news breaks through Twitter.

If you want to bag on Facebook I can understand that. One thing is apparent..this board is crawling with some old souls :lol3:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry but I literally pity anybody who thinks that Twitter means "breaking news." In fact, its one of the leading causes of the cancer that infests journalism these days, when in the age of instant broadcasting there is no time to verify, edit, fact-check etc. Instead its a race to put out whatever "info" there is regardless of whether its factual or not. Its a race to the bottom and **** like twitter is the rocket fuel propelling the ship downward. Freaking garbage.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So far Tabor is doing everything possible to hope he is gone soon and Cyontai Lewis looks like the man here.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry but I literally pity anybody who thinks that Twitter means "breaking news." In fact, its one of the leading causes of the cancer that infests journalism these days, when in the age of instant broadcasting there is no time to verify, edit, fact-check etc. Instead its a race to put out whatever "info" there is regardless of whether its factual or not. Its a race to the bottom and **** like twitter is the rocket fuel propelling the ship downward. Freaking garbage.

Lol take it up with Twitter founders and the sources who break news there if you feel so strongly about it. I pity people who get so up in arms about something as trivial as Twitter ;)

Time to get with the times my man, you're denying facts if you don't think Twitter is the most up to date news source. Yes, there are morons who put fake/incorrect stories out there, however that's been happening long before Twitter. All journalist try to be the first to break stories regardless of the accuracy, that's how it works in journalism unfortunately.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Um yeah, I know how it works. You do know it's possible to have an opinion about something without getting up in arms about it. If Twitter disappears tomorrow there would just be something equally moronic invented almost immediately to take its place. Honestly, it really does suck. This thread about Tabor is a perfect example of why it sucks. Two college men having a disagreement can't just get hashed out face to face, or in the locker room or on the field. No, in 2016 someone disrespects you it's straight to social media so your stupid little fight can go from a private disagreement between individuals to BREAKING NEWS....demanding that people take sides, sympathize with one or the other, demonize one or the other, etc in the court of public opinion. It is such a monumentally stupid way to live. I suppose if it's all you've ever known then it just seems normal but the new normal is a crappy normal.

Now stop making so much noise and get off of my lawn.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Tabor is keeping this adversarial row a fulminating abscess. Everybody has had 2 weeks' time passage
that allows things to calm down, bygones be bygones …. wait Tabor's mouthiness via tweets just renewed
the feud from one side. Now, is Tabor gonna fume because C.Lewis is doing good and is an integral part
of our success? Will Tabor fuel a coterie to resent C.Lewis? The only hope I have is that Gator on-field
success playing will smooth this feud over. Both these guys should be proud of each teammates' toughness.
Let's get ready Gators.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Um yeah, I know how it works. You do know it's possible to have an opinion about something without getting up in arms about it. If Twitter disappears tomorrow there would just be something equally moronic invented almost immediately to take its place. Honestly, it really does suck. This thread about Tabor is a perfect example of why it sucks. Two college men having a disagreement can't just get hashed out face to face, or in the locker room or on the field. No, in 2016 someone disrespects you it's straight to social media so your stupid little fight can go from a private disagreement between individuals to BREAKING NEWS....demanding that people take sides, sympathize with one or the other, demonize one or the other, etc in the court of public opinion. It is such a monumentally stupid way to live. I suppose if it's all you've ever known then it just seems normal but the new normal is a crappy normal.

Now stop making so much noise and get off of my lawn.

You seem pretty passionate about this, hence my "up in arms" comment. Bottom line, social media- such as Twitter- can be a wonderful tool when used correctly (see Adam Schefter- breaks important news and is very reliable), yet it can also be used incorrectly by immature people such as Tabor.

There's not some rule that says you have to go to social media and put every little detail out there like Tabor did. That's his own doing and as he's shown time and again, he's got a lot of
maturing to do. Rather place the blame on him for putting this out there than blame the platform in which he used.

Just my 2 cents.

"Now stop making so much noise and get off of my lawn." That's good stuff right here :lmao2:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Twitter has a few good uses, but by and large, it's awful. And that's all I have to say about that. #micdrop

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator