Take it for what it's worth

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Local sports talk radio here in Gainesville was talking about the negativity in the fan base.

They said that a few recruits had told them that the bashing and name calling on twitter and forums had given them a bad feeling about the Gators program. They didn't claim that it was the deciding factor in anyone's decision, but they said it was hurting recruiting.

I am guilty of it myself when Muschamp was here. I was on the GSMB calling for his head in every post. I even posted there that what I was writing had no effect on anything.

This is the first time I have heard anyone say that recruits have told them it does make a difference.

Take it for what it's worth.

:lol2: The SEC would have the worst recruiting in the nation if it went by negative posts of fans when their team isn't near the playoff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I give Dan dislikes just because it really pisses him off. He thinks if he gets too many dislikes he won't be able to use his senior citizen discount at Dennys.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:lol2: The SEC would have the worst recruiting in the nation if it went by negative posts of fans when their team isn't near the playoff.
Yeah, Bammer lost dozens of recruits after the months long meltdown on Paw Finebaum and every forum. It's probably going to be the downfall of their program.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I give Dan dislikes just because it really pisses him off. He thinks if he gets too many dislikes he won't be able to use his senior citizen discount at Dennys.
ohsh#t...........that was funny...........why dont you use the good ones on me..........I can take it.........
THanks Dan. Misery loves company and these guys are begging for it..........I will drive by BUT aint gonna enable them:shakehead:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
ohsh#t...........that was funny...........why dont you use the good ones on me..........I can take it.........
THanks Dan. Misery loves company and these guys are begging for it..........I will drive by BUT aint gonna enable them:shakehead:

Well, the most negative and miserable are a 4 ft tall teen that lives in mommys basement and a lawyer who has never won a case in his life.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Never, ever get in a dislike contest with the baDonka donkey....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's no fun if it doesn't drive you nuts. Jay and I give each other hundreds of dislikes, but Dan and Lboy were the only ones neurotic about it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He'd send nasty pms
avHnbUZ.gif

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely, and I feel the same way. But the distinction for me, is derogatory tilt that many of these criticisms have taken. There is a difference in saying:
"Coach McElwain needs to improve recruiting 5* players from the state of Florida with hiring someone with deep ties to the area"
From
"Old Hee Haw is such a tard, he and his sh!t show staff cant look at anyone except 3*s, guess he is too busy making PBJs"

Communication is not just what you say, but how you say it, even on a message board. Most of the comments are like the latter, which when continually repeated, just creates a general malaise about the program on social media. In turn, yes, I believe it feeds into an overall negative vibe about the program and is self-defeating.

Just reading this thread. I've been saying this since a Jeff Driskel horse gif was in somebody's signature and the vitriol was aimed at players. I've sometimes felt like the only one who felt this way. It wouldn't change my attitude if I was, but I'm glad to see others expressing the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator