Take it for what it's worth

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Not everybody. There are a few of us who get where you're coming from. I don't always agree with everything you say here, but I can see the angle you're coming from and agree with some of it. We'll always have a few very outspoken blow-hards, but the rest of us know you don't have to get angry and stomp your feet in every thread to prove your point.

i concur!

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
There is nothing wrong with criticizing the staff when they fall short as often they have but it's all together different to be disrespectful as many are. I bleed orange and blue and am on this board daily, although I rarely post but I absolutely would be turned off if I were a recruit with no UF allegiance as I have.
:exactly:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Really, this comes as a surprise to you? I guarantee you this site has hurt recruiting. It is absolutely painful to read the negativity. If fans like me hate coming here, what do you think 17 or 18 year old kids think that don't have near the attraction to Florida football? Hell, this place is the most negative site I read on any given day and I read liberal websites following our recent election.
Good Lord...duh.
Then why dafuq do you come here?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Social media does count, and it does impact how recruits view the program and university. Are they coming on gatorchatter and reading the boards? Probably not, but it other people do, and they pick up on not the criticism, but the negativity. And then when they go out and speak about the gators its all negative. On many of the posts here there is a stark contrast between criticism and negativity. I have been on Bama and Vol boards, and yes there is plenty criticism on there, but it I don't hear derogatory names of their coaches or calling the staff idiots, looking at some inconsequential thing, like not wearing socks as an example of how "dumb" and "jackass" out coach is.

Even if you don't think message boards matter, you have to admit the possibility that it contributes to the general vibe around the program, as friends tell friends and so on and so on. If that is the case, then it is in your interest to keep things constructive.
It's the coaches and administrators job to keep things positive by producing a product that the fan base can be excited about, proud of and fully engaged. They've done none of these things in years. Not a single fuggin fan has any impact on the sh*tshow we've been witnessing on the field nor on the recruiting trail.
I'm as a big a pumper as there is when it's warranted, but I'm also one of the biggest negators when it's warranted. The latter is where we are today.

Last edited:

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Wanna know why recruits arent coming here? Here are a few of the top ones:

127th ranked offense again;

Retained known terrible OC;

Retained terrible ST "coordinator" /TE coach;

Forced to use support staff to recruit;

laziness, one of the last teams to show up to recruits and offer always ; and

Poor recruiter HC and several assts.

I was hopeful in December and even after the bowl game that Butters was going to move forward with fixing the problems. Instead, he demanded to retain the terrible assistants and went public trying to defend it.

There wasnt any significant negativity the last twi years and recruiting still sucked.

Butters killed his own career. Its just a question of time for him.

Im sure he will get another chance at UAB or Southern Miss eventually.

Nailed it! :clap:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Show me a fan base that doesn't bash the coaching staff when they fail miserably and I'll show you a sh!tty fan base
Is there one as relentless and angry as this one..........I dont know. It is like the same stinkin pile of :poop: everyday and the words are usually the same.............I guess four star harry and five star larry may see each other and one says. Have your read some of the forums for the gators..........their own fans think the coach is a joke and outa here soon. Not sure I want to play where the fans have worse names for their own team than the rivals do.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Is there one as relentless and angry as this one..........I dont know. It is like the same stinkin pile of :poop: everyday and the words are usually the same.............I guess four star harry and five star larry may see each other and one says. Have your read some of the forums for the gators..........their own fans think the coach is a joke and outa here soon. Not sure I want to play where the fans have worse names for their own team than the rivals do.

:lmao2: I just can't take you seriously

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
It's the coaches and administrators job to keep things positive by producing a product that the fan base can be excited about, proud of and fully engaged. They've done none of these things in years. Not a single fuggin fan has any impact on the sh*tshow we've been witnessing on the field nor on the recruiting trail.
I'm as a big a pumper as there is when it's warranted, but I'm also one of the biggest negators when it's warranted. The latter is where we are today.

Thank you! :exactly:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Bottom line is this, you can draw a 150-mile radius around UF. If you can't recruit a top 15 class every year within just that circle, you are a dog **** recruiter and lazy as hell.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Not that difficult, Muschamp had a much better OL before he left Mac the few scholarship linemen that were left.
We've had OL problems before Muschamp took over. Taylor earn behind a line that was just as bad if not worse.

And don't worry the next coach will be in the same boat except on the other side of the ball. 1 DT in this class so far is not going to cut it. And to date he's signed 2 and has the 1 committed in 3 classes. Our dline will suffer way more than our oline did cause you have to rotate the Dline way more than an oline

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We've had OL problems before Muschamp took over. Taylor earn behind a line that was just as bad if not worse.

And don't worry the next coach will be in the same boat except on the other side of the ball. 1 DT in this class so far is not going to cut it. And to date he's signed 2 and has the 1 committed in 3 classes. Our dline will suffer way more than our oline did cause you have to rotate the Dline way more than an oline
Hillary, what was worse....what Muschamp had? or what he left?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Oh Great One, what was worse....what Muschamp had? or what he left?
I'd beg to say Meyer slacked off a bit his last few recruiting cycles (didn't really evaluate thetalent) just as Muschamp did. I think Muschamp left more overall in terms of a top 10 defense. So I'll go with Mac was left with more. But you'll disagree I'm sure

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Absolutely, and I feel the same way. But the distinction for me, is derogatory tilt that many of these criticisms have taken. There is a difference in saying:
"Coach McElwain needs to improve recruiting 5* players from the state of Florida with hiring someone with deep ties to the area"
From
"Old Hee Haw is such a tard, he and his sh!t show staff cant look at anyone except 3*s, guess he is too busy making PBJs"

Communication is not just what you say, but how you say it, even on a message board. Most of the comments are like the latter, which when continually repeated, just creates a general malaise about the program on social media. In turn, yes, I believe it feeds into an overall negative vibe about the program and is self-defeating.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach, I think your perception is skewed by your presence on this board. There are many forums out there that allow very little, if any criticism. I don't think recruits are only hearing from GatorChatter posters. Swamp Gas and others are very popular. The real problem is when ESPN and the like start reporting on our recruiting problems. I'm sure that raises a lot more eyebrows than what posters are saying here.

Perhaps the increased negative perception is what made those kids go ahead and pledge last night... If they knew they were gonna, may as well create "some" positive mojo heading up to signing day.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You're probably right, Alag. Negativity just wears on you after awhile and when it's closely associated to a passion you may have it is worse. I don't read 90% of those threads in here because it fires me up sometimes. I still say real change takes time and classes with great promise can disappoint the hell out of you and the converse can amaze you.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely, and I feel the same way. But the distinction for me, is derogatory tilt that many of these criticisms have taken. There is a difference in saying:
"Coach McElwain needs to improve recruiting 5* players from the state of Florida with hiring someone with deep ties to the area"
From
"Old Hee Haw is such a tard, he and his sh!t show staff cant look at anyone except 3*s, guess he is too busy making PBJs"

Communication is not just what you say, but how you say it, even on a message board. Most of the comments are like the latter, which when continually repeated, just creates a general malaise about the program on social media. In turn, yes, I believe it feeds into an overall negative vibe about the program and is self-defeating.
Once again, if he was doing the job he's paid to do there wouldn't be the name-calling. He owns it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator