Tebow Calls Out Fans For Booing Team

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n90494 said:
I choose to show my displeasure by closing my wallet and not attending any games.
That also makes you a ban fan, MJM. You're going to get an earful now.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n90497 said:
People have the right to do a lot of things that are still classless. When you boo college ball players it is classless. There are other ways to voice displeasure with Muschamp. It just makes you look like a clown when you are booing a highschool or college team you came to support. Old guy sitting in the stands booing, yeah real classy. The boos do not discriminate and they cannot be known if they are directed at the team or the coach. Sometimes people just need to take a step back.

:exactly:

But if people want to act like some classless douche Noles, it's a free country.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
So we can't be upset with the current state of the program because our of past success? Resting on your laurels won't make you better team in the future. I'm not a huge fan of booing, but I understand where it comes from. Everyone on the field are adults and if anything, the booing should make them want to be better players. Bigger deal than it's made out to be...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
People have been booing at sporting events since they were invented. You guys act like this is something new.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n90492 said:
What's hilarious is all the people advocating booing the players are the ones who never go to games. Shocking!

We wouldn't be having this conversation if the people who go to the games weren't booing.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I understand the message Timmy is sending but how else can fans show their displeasure other than not attending? Having a half-empty stadium also sends a real bad message to the players. At least the fans are there and showing they care.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n90501 said:
So we can't be upset with the current state of the program because our of past success?
It has nothing to do with past success, Vandy, Kintucky, or North East Louisiana wouldn't be happy with the current state of this program.

Squash takes pride in being a loser. I'm not going to look up his record at Hershey Tech but I'm sure I know what I'll find.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n90503 said:
People have been booing at sporting events since they were invented. You guys act like this is something new.

People have been committing murder since the beginning of time, should that be accepted practice now, too?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it's cool to boo college players but could it be any worse than calling them out on national tv?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This team, this coaching staff and this AD's current decisions deserve the booing. Just like John Brantley curling up in the fetal position deserved to be booed. They are all really bad.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
CapitalGator02;n90501 said:
So we can't be upset with the current state of the program because our of past success? Resting on your laurels won't make you better team in the future. I'm not a huge fan of booing, but I understand where it comes from. Everyone on the field are adults and if anything, the booing should make them want to be better players. Bigger deal than it's made out to be...

Difference between being upset and acting like you've been there before. You can be upset and voice frustration to the administration in the form of calls, emails, letter writing, staying home, but booing makes you look like an old crusty DB that thinks they know everything. If the coaching staff recruited players who are not great that is the coaches fault. If the coaches cannot make a player improve that is the coaches fault. Booing at a game just makes your fan base look like the loser fans that support lesser schools (ie Miami).

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n90515 said:
Using the excuse "it's been done that way forever" is lacking in logic itself.
You still cannot accept that fans are the way they are. You think fans should only cheer (or not cheer) your way and anything that's different than that you look down on.

So answer this question, Sasquatch: What is worse, the season ticket holder that goes to the game and boos, or the one that chooses not to go to the game at all?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps we should put a warning label on the stadium so potential recruits know we don't tolerate losers well.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n90519 said:
You still cannot accept that fans are the way they are. You think fans should only cheer (or not cheer) your way and anything that's different than that you look down on.

So answer this question, Sasquatch: What is worse, the season ticket holder that goes to the game and boos, or the one that chooses not to go to the game at all?

If you're only going to go to the game and act like a complete and total as*hole, stay home.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n90513 said:
Difference between being upset and acting like you've been there before. You can be upset and voice frustration to the administration in the form of calls, emails, letter writing, staying home, but booing makes you look like an old crusty DB that thinks they know everything. If the coaching staff recruited players who are not great that is the coaches fault. If the coaches cannot make a player improve that is the coaches fault. Booing at a game just makes your fan base look like the loser fans that support lessor schools (ie Miami).

Staying home cuts far deeper than a few minutes of boos. It means less money generated by football, which means fewer jobs, fewer donations to UF academics, and cuts to other sports programs, etc. But yeah, booing is the worst...

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Law98gator;n90520 said:
Perhaps we should put a warning label on the stadium so potential recruits know we don't tolerate losers well.

Then how would you get in?.....sorry I could not resist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator