Tennessee: The game that will decide which direction the Gators will go this season

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n27362 said:
Meet the 40 year old virgin guys

Only if by virgin you mean no carnal knowledge of a consenting woman who isn't a relative. Uncles, cousins, and goats don't count?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator said:
Gator Fever;n27245 said:
I think the LSU game is the one that will show if we will have a decent season or not. If we have only 1 loss after that game I think Muschamp will survive. If we did lose to Tenn I don't see Muschamp turning it around with the remaining schedule.

Exactly, that is the reasoning behind why winning the Tennessee game is critical. Lose that and we go the next week against LSU with probably 2 straight losses and no confidence. Do they stop buying in to the program? Will the team quit on Muschamp again?
If we had 3 losses after the LSU game there will be all kinds of turmoil probably.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Good analysis Ox, but I tend to think the game against Kentucky here is the game to watch. Our last win was the Arky game last fall. After watching that cluster**** in the last seven games last season, I'm not so sure we can win a conference game at this point.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n27394 said:
Good analysis Ox, but I tend to think the game against Kentucky here is the game to watch. Our last win was the Arky game last fall. After watching that cluster**** in the last seven games last season, I'm not so sure we can win a conference game at this point.

Ouch. Painfully possible however.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n27225 said:
How do they step back? Lose to Kintucky also? There really isn't a "step back" from where they've been, just more of the same.
They were competitive in some games and they beat usc. I think they will probably lose to Kentucky. So yeah i don't see them winning a conference game.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't that be a wonder if the Gators did lose to the Kentucky Wildcats?. Catmania's rhymes would go viral.

I can just imagine...........:)

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n27305 said:
I liked the article, but I think you can make a better argument for Lsu or even Mizzou since UF lost to both of them last year and they are both about midway through the season. Beating UT won't save Muschamp's job or turn UF into possible title contenders in the public's eye, but a win against Lsu changes things. I think we will beat Lsu this year. They have have lots of youth on both sides of the ball, including a freshman Qb. Being a home game doesn't hurt either. We match up well against them and a win would go a long ways for the rest of the season.

Thanks JB, Granted we lost to LSU & Mizzou last year but the reason I think a win against Tennessee is vital is with a probable loss to bama a loss to Tennessee could send the team in to a tail spin like last year, A loss to LSU would be 3 straight and the noise in the system would become incredible. The pressure on the players to prevent a repeat of last year will mount with each loss. At the moment I believe LSU is favored to win although the game is in the Swamp. Now if we take a loss at bama, a win at TN then a loss to LSU the noise in the system isn't as loud as those are the two best teams in the west. A win the following week against Mizzou, a division foe will keep things interesting as we head in to showdown with the dawgs. Win out and a loss by the loser of the SC vs GA game to another division foe should give us the East.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n27413 said:
Wouldn't that be a wonder if the Gators did lose to the Kentucky Wildcats?. Catmania's rhymes would go viral. I can just imagine...........:)
Says the guy with a cowboy in a jean jacket avatar

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n27413 said:
Wouldn't that be a wonder if the Gators did lose to the Kentucky Wildcats?. Catmania's rhymes would go viral. I can just imagine...........:)
It would be something... A miracle

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR said:
Alvin York;n27413 said:
As big of a miracle if Tennessee beat us. I see no difference in Tennessee and Kentucky.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR said:
Alvin York;n27413 said:
:clap:

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
It's nice to see Ox get some of his old optimism back. After least season however, only Idaho matters right now.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1. We will not lose to Bama. This is not the Bama of 2012. They have lost a lot on both sides of the ball. Their O-line, D-line and secondary have lost the most.
2. If we do not beat UT by at least 21 points, we have no business playing the rest of the SEC schedule. UT has recruited well but they are still a year or two from doing anything. Their QB play is still a long way from being good. I think Morning Wood would have a chance to start there.
3. Our first real game will be USCe.
4. We have a week off before fsu and that helps us late in the year.
5. 15-0 National Champions

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Damn it feels good to be back. We'll be fine. As someone else said they're replacing every starting lineman position. Cant win in the SEC like that.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator said:
Damn it feels good to be back. We'll be fine. As someone else said they're replacing every starting lineman position. Cant win in the SEC like that.
Welcome to our new home 601!

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
601Gator said:
Thanks Navet! Feels like we never left

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator said:
How'd you find us?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Homer J;n27448 said:
1. We will not lose to Bama. This is not the Bama of 2012. They have lost a lot on both sides of the ball. Their O-line, D-line and secondary have lost the most.
2. If we do not beat UT by at least 21 points, we have no business playing the rest of the SEC schedule. UT has recruited well but they are still a year or two from doing anything. Their QB play is still a long way from being good. I think Morning Wood would have a chance to start there.
3. Our first real game will be USCe.
4. We have a week off before fsu and that helps us late in the year.
5. 15-0 National Champions

:drunk:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If UF loses to Tennessee, Muschamp will be fired after the loss at Georgia and this season will be another losing one. Tennessee is a freaking disaster. A roster full of 3-star afterthoughts, with a couple of marginal 4 star dudes thrown in who wouldn't pass up the guarantee of playing immediately at an SEC school. Their lines of scrimmage are totally inexperienced to go along with being bordeline SEC talent to begin with. Their qb's are total crap; Dobbs can run but throws like a converted WR, and has no eyebrows, Worley should be starting at Middle Tennessee instead of the SEC, and y'all saw how pathetic Peter man was in person last year in the swamp. Their best player on defense is AJ Johnson, a big, imposing dude at MLB, but he is slower than most SEC o-linemen. Guys like Clay Burton and Hunter Joyer outrun this guy with ease. If UF loses to Tennessee, burn the mfr to the ground the next day!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
If UF loses to Tennessee, Muschamp will be fired after the loss at Georgia and this season will be another losing one. Tennessee is a freaking disaster. A roster full of 3-star afterthoughts, with a couple of marginal 4 star dudes thrown in who wouldn't pass up the guarantee of playing immediately at an SEC school. Their lines of scrimmage are totally inexperienced to go along with being bordeline SEC talent to begin with. Their qb's are total crap; Dobbs can run but throws like a converted WR, and has no eyebrows, Worley should be starting at Middle Tennessee instead of the SEC, and y'all saw how pathetic Peter man was in person last year in the swamp. Their best player on defense is AJ Johnson, a big, imposing dude at MLB, but he is slower than most SEC o-linemen. Guys like Clay Burton and Hunter Joyer outrun this guy with ease. If UF loses to Tennessee, burn the mfr to the ground the next day!
Not only does Tennessee replace their lines of scrimmage they also replace rajon Neal.they're only offensive weapon

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator