Tennessee: The game that will decide which direction the Gators will go this season

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Whehhhh.... please tell me when the other team starting a freshman has ever been a disadvantage for them.
Maulk wasn't a true freshman, he redshirted in 2012. He also set numerous state and natl passing records on top of being taught by his older brother who played in the nfl. Driskel has been learning as he goes, in a perfect world he would've sat for a couple of years but it is what it is.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After how many straight losses, including a FCS loss, I'm just looking forward to a win of any sort. The first few games against the cupcakes are going to tell me plenty about what kind of season we are going to have. Even our wins over the last few years have been ugly. It would be nice to see a team take the field that looks like an organized squad of top athletes rather than the unruly circus we've seen of late.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Whehhhh.... please tell me when the other team starting a freshman has ever been a disadvantage for them.
I thought Driskel was the Gatorade Player of the Year coming out of high school?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Whatever makes you feel better.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Before the season started I looked around at our league, recruiting classes, our schedule and I thought about how last season was. That is when I came up with the ideas in this article.

Yes this week the focus is on bama, but after seeing how the KY game went I think think the scenarios laid out at the start of this thread are more relevant than ever.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n52606 said:
Before the season started I looked around at our league, recruiting classes, our schedule and I thought about how last season was. That is when I came up with the ideas in this article.

Yes this week the focus is on bama, but after seeing how the KY game went I think think the scenarios laid out at the start of this thread are more relevant than ever.

Except I think Vegas would have the Tenn game with a real close line now unless we really improve at Bama. Tenn does look better than KY imo from what I have seen. No way Muschamp survives a Tenn loss as it would start the downward spiral again probably. I think he has to beat LSU also to end up surviving if we lose to Bama.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Carib, good stuff...I missed the original article.

Anyone that thinks UT is going to roll over for our Mighty Gators is stoned! Jones has put together a solid foundation and he has an upset or two in him w/ his 2014 team (just like last year's SC win). I just hope our guys aren't that upset....but then again, if we keep playing like we did vs. UK, it wouldn't be much of an upset.

This game (and the season, for that matter) is riding on JD's shoulders and his improvement as a leader and a QB. If he falters, so will the team. I'm hoping Roper can utilize our strengths to limit JD's faults.....but that may be too much to overcome.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You make the point TENNESSEE is the game that will decide which direction the Gators will go this season. I have an even stronger theory. The Florida game considering our decade old drought against the Gators is the game tht will decide which direction the Volunteers will go this season.

Florida

Let's greet them
Let's beat them
Let's send them on their way

So let it be written
So let it be done

Let's us all stand for the playing of "
Rocky Top"

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Alvin York;n52765 said:
You make the point TENNESSEE is the game that will decide which direction the Gators will go this season. I have an even stronger theory. The Florida game considering our decade old drought against the Gators is the game tht will decide which direction the Volunteers will go this season.

Florida

Let's greet them
Let's beat them

So let it be written
So let it be done

Rocky Top"

That is true every year for ut.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York said:

Florida

Let's greet them
Let's beat them

So let it be written
So let it be done

Rocky Top"
Your stupid poem/song doesn't even rhyme.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York said:

Florida

Let's greet them
Let's beat them

So let it be written
So let it be done

Rocky Top"
Yes it will continue the low probability of UT being what their fans think they deserve to be.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Seriously? The UT game will decide what direction the Gators will go this season? If the Gators lose to UA by 15+ points and then lose to UT breaking a 10 year streak Muschamp will for sure be a dead man walking as the HC. With LSU, MIzzou, and UGA right after that what are the odds we do better than 1-2. Champer is cooked if he doesn't go at least 2-2 over the next four games. THAT'S the direction the entire football program is tied to.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
cookinglobster5.jpg

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Tennessee will determine which way our season will go at all. I don't think this year's any different. If we beat them I don't think it tells us anything.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gatoravatara;n53281 said:
Ok I'll call it. We are going to be beat TN.

You know what? I can't even BEAR the thought of losing to UT. I'll be like Oedipus Rex and ready to claw my eyes out because we have no business losing to this program, especially with its recent history. So yeah, there will be, as Ox characterized it, a couch burning here at the Drake Detective agency if that happens.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mainland_Buc_75;n53355 said:
We beat the Vols last year. What did it tell us?
We weren't one of the two worst teams in the SEC East.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.