The basketball thread

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
1. I would take Robinson at UF over Parsons at UF.

2. I would rather have Robinson with the ball in his hands and the game on the line over Parsons mainly because over Robinson's superior handle and ability to jump quicker to get off a mid range jumper.

BTW, I am more in the compare the two guys in the upperclass seasons, ie Parsons JR and SR to Robinsons on going JR seasaon. I think that is a more reasonable comparison.
Robinson had a great game last night. IF he has half the success as Chandler in the NBA I will kss your azzz on the courthouse square and give you ten minutes to draw a crowd. Chandler better shooter and ball handler.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was going through ESPNs Recruiting player rankings for next year and this year and just saw some great news. They updated their rankings

#59 Isaiah Stokes
#64 DeAundre Ballard
#98 Chase Johnson

Stokes made a huge jump and Johnson did as well I think
Yep, pretty good jumps for Stokes and Johnson (I think it was 30 to 40 spots for each from where ESPN had them previously ranked). I think Ballard might have jumped up a little, but not too much.

247 ratings are:
Stokes #119
Ballard #93
Johnson #177

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Robinson had a great game last night. IF he has half the success as Chandler in the NBA I will kss your azzz on the courthouse square and give you ten minutes to draw a crowd. Chandler better shooter and ball handler.

I was only talking about Robinson at UF compared to Parsons as he actually was at UF. It takes getting in the right place and getting an opportunity. Parsons got that as a second round pick. We shall see if Robinson does.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I wasnt trying to be offensive I just like saying that. A football coach said that to my buddy at football practice in 72 after he threw a lookout block. I think Robinson could be REAL good but may not have the confidence or smarts to get there. He played a great game last night. Maybe this Egbunu injury may be what gets him to be more assertive. The word Im hearing is White wants Allen to be more assertive.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I wasnt trying to be offensive I just like saying that. A football coach said that to my buddy at football practice in 72 after he threw a lookout block. I think Robinson could be REAL good but may not have the confidence or smarts to get there. He played a great game last night. Maybe this Egbunu injury may be what gets him to be more assertive. The word Im hearing is White wants Allen to be more assertive.

I for one took no offense. I thought your way of saying I doubt it was amusing if a bit edgy.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
How did you find this and who's blog is it.
More info on these questions.....I went back looking and it was posted on GatorCountry (not sure why I looked back on there lol) and the blog is from one of the posters on the free board.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
More info on these questions.....I went back looking and it was posted on GatorCountry (not sure why I looked back on there lol) and the blog is from one of the posters on the free board.
Ok. Hopefully you can post the next one over here again. Or maybe we can get that guy join the darkside.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Here was their article from yesterday

http://ufhooprecruits.blogspot.com/?m=1

I would try to get him to come over here...but I can't post there anymore

Perhaps from various sources we can build UF's board or close to it. Here are the offers UF has out according to 247:

PG: Dotson, Drinnon, Lewis, Locke, Harris, Weaver
SG: Dort, Duke, Herro, Mitchell, Moss, Ryan, Simmons
SF: Boyce, Little, Moore, Williamson, Wilson
PF: De Sousa, J. Smith
C: Brown

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Perhaps from various sources we can build UF's board or close to it. Here are the offers UF has out according to 247:

PG: Dotson, Drinnon, Lewis, Locke, Harris, Weaver
SG: Dort, Duke, Herro, Mitchell, Moss, Ryan, Simmons
SF: Boyce, Little, Moore, Williamson, Wilson
PF: De Sousa, J. Smith
C: Brown
You can probably add Williams at PF. He seems like one of our top targets

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Also derrius days is kid from williston and playing at the rock in Gainesville. His brother told me it don't look like he's going to Florida right now but I'd watch out for him too.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mike Decourcy on 10 teams that have a chance to cut down the nets:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...zaga-march-madness/18y5rfot16tam14ivjcx2jq5qq

No UF or UCLA which I find interesting.
He stuck Purdue in there since the Big10ish would have been crying otherwise.
Duke at #4 is pretty high since they just lost to Cuse, who are likely on the outside looking in to get to the dance.
And we all know the Zags are going down sometime before the Final 4.
I think Oregon over UCLA is silly as well - Oregon has no true PG, and that's a pretty critical piece when you get into the Dance and start playing teams that have an actual defense.
No love for UF may be tied to Egbunu being out the rest of the year.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mike Decourcy on 10 teams that have a chance to cut down the nets:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...zaga-march-madness/18y5rfot16tam14ivjcx2jq5qq

No UF or UCLA which I find interesting.
UCLA is ranked outside the top 100 in KemPom's defensive rating. That alone disqualifies them. In the years KenPom has available (every year since 2002), only two teams have won the title with a rating in either offense or defense outside the top 20. UNC's defense was 21st in 2009, and UConn's offense was 39th in 2014. UNC balanced that out with the #1 offense, and UConn had the #10 defense. So if we're going to look at teams that are currently in the top 20 of both categories this year, we have Gonzaga (4,1), Nova (3,19), UNC (5,20), UK (9,13), and Purdue (18,12). If I had to put money down on a team winning it all, I'd draw from that group minus the Zags and UK. So Nova, UNC, or Purdue. Obviously those numbers could change in the next two weeks, so I'll revisit this post after Selection Sunday.

FTR, our guys are 25th on offense and 4th on defense right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.