The basketball thread

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The way I understand it, his projections are based off if the season ended right now.

Edit: Butler has also lost to St. John's (121 RPI) and Indiana St. (216 RPI) this year. We don't have a single loss outside the top 50.

I know that is what he says, but I wonder. I also know about those Butler losses. Both Lundardi and Palm seemed to take from the committee's top 16 from a couple of weeks back is that they did not focus on bad losses.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I know that is what he says, but I wonder. I also know about those Butler losses. Both Lundardi and Palm seemed to take from the committee's top 16 from a couple of weeks back is that they did not focus on bad losses.

I hate Lunardi and Palm. Both constantly overseed other teams at the expense of us. Since the Top 16 was released we lost 1 game to a probable 2 seed while Duke has lost 2 or 3 games and might lose 2 more. No way should they be better than us. This is why I did my bracketology this year. I wanted to see how I would compare to the actual one myself. I think Bracket Matrix is the best. One of the brackets on there actually just predicts how they think the season will turn out and the subsequent seeds. It has us as a 1 seed (winning the SEC Tournament). It uses a bunch of math also. Very interesting to look at.

http://barttorvik.com/tranketology.php

It also gives you a place that you can enter your own weighted amounts for the categories/info they used in their system to create your own.

Back to US....we don't have some of the amazing wins as some of the similar teams to us, but we have a much harder schedule, no bad losses (Butler, Duke, FSU etc), and we have a bunch of road and neutral site wins...some bracketologist pass this over where the committee puts a lot of weight into them

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I hate Lunardi and Palm. Both constantly overseed other teams at the expense of us. Since the Top 16 was released we lost 1 game to a probable 2 seed while Duke has lost 2 or 3 games and might lose 2 more. No way should they be better than us. This is why I did my bracketology this year. I wanted to see how I would compare to the actual one myself. I think Bracket Matrix is the best. One of the brackets on there actually just predicts how they think the season will turn out and the subsequent seeds. It has us as a 1 seed (winning the SEC Tournament). It uses a bunch of math also. Very interesting to look at.

It also gives you a place that you can enter your own weighted amounts for the categories/info they used in their system to create your own.

Back to US....we don't have some of the amazing wins as some of the similar teams to us, but we have a much harder schedule, no bad losses (Butler, Duke, FSU etc), and we have a bunch of road and neutral site wins...some bracketologist pass this over where the committee puts a lot of weight into them

I have watched the Bracket Project Matrix for a couple of years. I do not give it too much weight as there are some really obscure and of unknown quality sites included. I like the Dance Card site for bubble years, though they had UF in last year and UF got snubbed.

Palm in particular has some attitude that since UF played all those neutral site games when the O'Dome was not ready, they do not count. I think where the committee put UF in the sneak peak was an eye openner to some analysts, particularly Palm. You are right that year after year the guys looking for clicks put the basketball only programs higher than the well rounded athletic programs because the basketball only programs get them more clicks.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

On that link, what do the 3 *** mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator