The Current State of Gator Sports

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT!!!! WE HAVE A HEAD COACH TO COACH THE COACHES.
Will you be openly pulling for Kentucky or just secretly?

We aren't losing to UK this year, much to your chagrin.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Will you be openly pulling for Kentucky or just secretly?

We aren't losing to UK this year, much to your chagrin.
Nothing on this planet bothers me more than losing to gawd damned inbred methhead trailer- dwelling, rusty truck driving Kinfuchsy. You forget I live near these ignorant hillbillies.

No offense, CD.

If it were up to me any coach that managed to lose would get fired-- and perhaps executed--on the spot. if you can't beat Kinfuchsy with your scout team, you dont deserve the seat.

Last edited:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
By the last week of the season, I’d say the clowns QB would be considered a veteran.

Very true; but then again, I tend to think they drop off a good bit next year anyway. They went from being top in the nation in returning production in 2023 to somewhere in the 80s out of 133 teams.

Most all their defensive stars are gone and that's what largely carried them this past year.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Very true; but then again, I tend to think they drop off a good bit next year anyway. They went from being top in the nation in returning production in 2023 to somewhere in the 80s out of 133 teams.

Most all their defensive stars are gone and that's what largely carried them this past year.

They also lost their tranny looking WR. The noles take a step back but will also be at home and facing an unknown-at-the-moment interim coach. Will be a tall order for us to win that game.

And while yes the canes will be breaking in a new QB, he was also the 2nd most sought after portal QB this offseason. So unfortunately I fully expect him to light us up. Doesn’t mean Mario won’t do an inside kick while leading in the final seconds, or punt on a 4th and inches from our 15 at some point to give us an opening. But it won’t be the QB that loses the game for them if we do win. That game is going to be a clinic on how not to coach football. I expect books to be written about it.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Nothing on this planet bothers me more than losing to gawd damned inbred methhead trailer- dwelling, rusty truck driving Kinfuchsy. You forget I live near these ignorant hillbillies.

No offense, CD.

If it were up to me any coach that managed to lose would get fired-- and perhaps executed--on the spot. if you can't beat Kinfuchsy with your scout team, you dont deserve the seat.
I gotta agree. This sht has gone on way too long.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And while yes the canes will be breaking in a new QB, he was also the 2nd most sought after portal QB this offseason. So unfortunately I fully expect him to light us up. Doesn’t mean Mario won’t do an inside kick while leading in the final seconds, or punt on a 4th and inches from our 15 at some point to give us an opening. But it won’t be the QB that loses the game for them if we do win. That game is going to be a clinic on how not to coach football. I expect books to be written about it.
Marco is just as dumb as Slingblade. He is just a better recruiter.

Im sure there will be some amazingly hilarious displays of coaching incompetence on both sides. Some day we will look back and laugh at this game.

But it will be a while.

Last edited:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
That should honestly be a poll for the biggest coaching blunder of the 2023 season:

1) Mario not taking a knee to win the game--leading to a fumble and a last-minute TD to lose the game

OR

2) Napier screwing up how to count to 11 for the 7th time last season, screwing up the winning FG and causing us to lose the game

I want to say Mario's the bigger Dumas...but it's close. Very close.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
joakim noah GIF by Florida Gators
This level of excellence, exuberance, and personality can only make you think of one other Gator. The chips should be stacking up anytime.

IMG_4145.png

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Get back on topic. If you want to discuss the cultures of various US states, start a thread in the lounge.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Basketball has the right coach.

This is the make or break year for Napier.

Sully has been here for about a decade. He’s always going to recruit talent but do boneheaded things. He’s like the Les Miles of our baseball team.

I think I used to be in the same boat as you all, but I’m not anymore. Historically, looking at it, we caught lightning in a bottle for about four or five years with Meyer. And we had a spectacular run with Spurrier. For about a decade. But other than that, when have we ever had a dominant football program? I think that’s an honest question.

We’ve actually had more down years since Meyer then we’ve had good years under Spurrier and Meyer combined.

I think Golden is a really good coach. I do not expect championships out of him, but I do think we will consistently be competing for the SEC and we will consistently be in the NCAA Tournament. But other than Billy Donovan, when has Florida basketball been great? We had that little run under Kruger, but nothing else.

I am sure Ironhead will be along shortly and compliment your post for all its positivity. :whistle:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
View attachment 69081
Not too late to get a seat on the Napewagon…….allllll-aboard

You know, it’s not in my nature to point out every specific little detail. And part of me almost hesitated here. But I couldn’t help but notice that the Napewagon, as you called it, is completely empty and even devoid of a driver.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator