The Current State of Gator Sports

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
You know, it’s not in my nature to point out every specific little detail. And part of almost hesitated here. But I couldn’t help but notice that the Napewagon, as you called it, is completely empty and even devoid of a driver

Unfortunately the Napewagon is in for repair at this time.
Strickland is working on passing his commercial drivers license

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
You know, it’s not in my nature to point out every specific little detail. And part of almost hesitated here. But I couldn’t help but notice that the Napewagon, as you called it, is completely empty and even devoid of a driver.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
In her first time competing in 10K!!!!!
Roll Go GIF by Carter Chevrolet

pv.jpg

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
If somehow he manages to go 8-4 this season, he's getting a 4th season.
Agree and deserved. Could have won 8 last year but he's so slow and conservative, and imho, probably not a very good HC. He's the same guy that was gloating over his defense, even proudly post-spring people will be surprised by the defense. He could be so bad this season that the AD knows he's going to have to be fired, eventually. But does no good to fire him unless real next great UF HC is available. I do not like the guy, his demeanor, his post loss pressers, but if he can win 8 and have a really good class, great. Based on his record and handling of the program so far, he's most likely a guy that will have us saying "wait until next year" every December.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Agree and deserved. Could have won 8 last year but he's so slow and conservative, and imho, probably not a very good HC. He's the same guy that was gloating over his defense, even proudly post-spring people will be surprised by the defense. He could be so bad this season that the AD knows he's going to have to be fired, eventually. But does no good to fire him unless real next great UF HC is available. I do not like the guy, his demeanor, his post loss pressers, but if he can win 8 and have a really good class, great. Based on his record and handling of the program so far, he's most likely a guy that will have us saying "wait until next year" every December.

You made other valid points as well, but any chance of him landing a really good class this year is all but shot already. Anyone we do land or are in the mix for will have every coach in America telling them he’s a dead man walking, even if he went 8-4. Last year we started with a 5* who might be the most loyal recruit we’ve ever had, a 5* legacy who was always coming here, and a 5* in Daytona who we still barely held on to, and even then we didn’t crack the Top-10. He may survive, but this year’s class is already in the barn and will be his lowest ranking by a considerable margin.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I am sure Ironhead will be along shortly and compliment your post for all its positivity. :whistle:
I've been silenced.
Apparently, I hurt someone's feelings, and have been banned from posting in another thread with a similar subject.
Thinking, the truth hurts???

Carry on.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I've been silenced.
Apparently, I hurt someone's feelings, and have been banned from posting in another thread with a similar subject.

Carry on.
I got banned from posting in a thread once. Seems I was whiskey drunk and getting rowdy by quoting myself and being belligerent. I know, I know it sounds nothing like me but it happened. Imagine a sweet and innocent person such as myself being banned from posting. Just doesnt make any sense so dont let it get you down.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I got banned from posting in a thread once. Seems I was whiskey drunk and getting rowdy by quoting myself and being belligerent. I know, I know it sounds nothing like me but it happened. Imagine a sweet and innocent person such as myself being banned from posting. Just doesnt make any sense so dont let it get you down.
Story of my life here, man... story of my life...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've been silenced.

Carry on.
Banned? I thought we were SUPPOSED to hire some prostitutes, go to brainwash, and then sound like you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator