The "Franks hype train" has already begun

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Take a look at the author of the article:

Hector Rodriguez
19 year old college student at Broward College. Former college baseball player at Trinity Christian College in Palos Heights, Illinois. Miami made. Twitter: @Hector_Baseball

Explains a lot of the lack of context and how it is written.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
When Mac gets fired SOS will step in a interim and then be promoted to HBC a la Bill Snyder at K State.

You have to wonder if this is possible if the offense continues to be inept.

BTW, the article says " Even though, he was a high 4-star recruit and an Elite 11 finalist, some schools hesitated to offer Franks a scholarship." with no explanation. Every high school player needs development to play at the college level. So what does the writer mean by this?

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
You have to wonder if this is possible if the offense continues to be inept.

BTW, the article says " Even though, he was a high 4-star recruit and an Elite 11 finalist, some schools hesitated to offer Franks a scholarship." with no explanation. Every high school player needs development to play at the college level. So what does the writer mean by this?
Dont get me wrong, I want everyone here now to succeed. However, I just am a little worried about the current state of our coaching staff

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I saw this Cat here in San Antonio during the Army All American Bowl last year....was very disappointed.....his performance during the O&B game....very disappointing. If Coach Mac is the QB whisper everyone says he is, well here is where we will find out. I am not sold on him, but my :pumper:pumper status is to give the kid and Mac the benefit of the doubt. However my :pumper: pumper status might be in jeopardy on this one.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Dont get me wrong, I want everyone here now to succeed. However, I just am a little worried about the current state of our coaching staff

Well I want UF to succeed. If that success comes via McElwain, I am ok. If that success comes via Spurrier again I would be thrilled. If that success comes from finally going out and hiring the right guy to replace Spurrier in this job, that would great though it will have taken 15 years to accomplish.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Critiquing the performance of an early enrolled Freshman's performance in the O&B game is ridiculous. More ridiculous is speculating he might be a bust or a Driskell. Also, it's just nuts to question a coach's ability to develop QBs based on a freaking Freshman or how he might play as a RSF! Judge Mac when he has a Jr QB he's coached from the start or has a group of several QBs he's recruited out of High School and developed for a few years. Whining about Franks or Mac's coaching at this point is like a kid crying over something he can't have yet.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
... He sure does seem to rub some suckage off on a lot of guys doesn't he?

200.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Critiquing the performance of ...
Mac has been here two years, he owns it.

Everything else is an endless stream of excuses.

At this point Charley Cheeseburger owns the title of Gators'Offensive Genius of the Decade. Think about that.

The only OC to break 100.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Critiquing the performance of an early enrolled Freshman's performance in the O&B game is ridiculous. More ridiculous is speculating he might be a bust or a Driskell. Also, it's just nuts to question a coach's ability to develop QBs based on a freaking Freshman or how he might play as a RSF! Judge Mac when he has a Jr QB he's coached from the start or has a group of several QBs he's recruited out of High School and developed for a few years. Whining about Franks or Mac's coaching at this point is like a kid crying over something he can't have yet.

Well:

1. Your first point while not completely correct has some merit. Rex Grossman was not very good in his early enrollee true frosh orange and blue game. Still Franks was particularly awful or unlucky having 3 of his first 4 passes picked. Grossman became quite the QB, but he had better coaching I fear. So I think it is fair to worry some.

2. As for Driskel he is on an NFL roster, so I guess in that respect it is unfair to compare Franks to him. On the other hand they are both tall talented QB prospects who showed up to UF pretty raw. So I can see why some would compare them

3. As for judging McElwain based on progress by freshman, if it is unfair it is being too nice to McElwain. You can see the most progress in a raw freshman. What we want from McElwain is not just developing a raw Frosh to a good starter, but developing a good starter into a polished productive QB. That is certainly a fir worry.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So just wait another 2 or 3 years before making any judgments... got it

:headslap:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mac has been here two years, he owns it.

Everything else is an endless stream of excuses.

At this point Charley Cheeseburger owns the title of Gators'Offensive Genius of the Decade. Think about that.

The only OC to break 100 coolers.

Adjusted for accuracy.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So just wait another 2 or 3 years before making any judgments... got it

:headslap:
I don't get it either man,....We just went down the same road with Muschamp. Yes, some coaches get better results after a few years but ordinarily you see a pattern of growth within the program from the beginning.....You know, little things like improved recruiting, excitement from players within the program about the future, a sense of anticipation and feeling of well being from the fans......Instead we're falling like a rock in the recruiting rankings, upperclassmen are faking injuries or excusing themselves from bowl games, and don't get me started about the overall feelings from the fan base :poop: This thing is a train wreck of monumental proportions just waiting to happen. Yet some just seem content to let it happen.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
My criticism of Franks is that his mechanics, decision making, and the fact that he look shook in both the O&B game and the Army All American Bowl game. Like I said I hope our great QB Whisper has done his due diligence and Franks is G2G, but hey I am a :pumper:pumper and I am optimistic about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator