The "Franks hype train" has already begun

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My criticism of Franks is that his mechanics, decision making, and the fact that he look shook in both the O&B game and the Army All American Bowl game. Like I said I hope our great QB Whisper has done his due diligence and Franks is G2G, but hey I am a :pumper:pumper and I am optimistic about that.

He didn't really look shaken to me in the Spring game when he made the throws but when you watch the replays you are like is he color blind with the jerseys or something throwing it to where he did.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
He didn't really look shaken to me in the Spring game when he made the throws but when you watch the replays you are like is he color blind with the jerseys or something throwing it to where he did.
He looked like he wanted to get rid of the ball as quickly as he could. Even more so in the All American Bowl Game. I hope he has developed and I hope he is the "answer", but from what I saw in those two games I didn't see anything to tell me that he would be ready anytime soon.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
He looked like he wanted to get rid of the ball as quickly as he could. Even more so in the All American Bowl Game. I hope he has developed and I hope he is the "answer", but from what I saw in those two games I didn't see anything to tell me that he would be ready anytime soon.

Spring game was a long time ago. If Mac can't develop a QB that can find his open receivers by now then we are just screwed. Anytime soon is now.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
He was shook and scared as $hit in the spring and from my years of playing/watching football you cannot coach that out of players. That's why I think Trask will be the better of the 2 because he handled the pressure and made plays while Franks choked!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't throw in the towel with Franks yet. He was supposed to still be in high school during the spring game. He even bounced back and his last drive was pretty good. My biggest worry is that this system isnt very qb friendly and nussmeier doesn't exactly have a great track record recruiting qb's.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I wouldn't throw in the towel with Franks yet. He was supposed to still be in high school during the spring game. He even bounced back and his last drive was pretty good. My biggest worry is that this system isnt very qb friendly and nussmeier doesn't exactly have a great track record recruiting qb's.
Trask was also a true freshman who was supposed to still be in high school...yet he severely outplayed Franks in the spring. I haven't thrown in the towel yet but when a 2* high school backup out performs someone like that it hard to believe he's gotten that much better this quickly. Let's just say I'll believe it when I see it!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Trask was also a true freshman...yet he severely outplayed Franks in the spring. I haven't thrown in the towel yet but when a 2* high school backup out performs someone like that it hard to believe he's gotten that much better this quickly. Let's just say I'll believe it when I see it!
I'd like to see Trask play when he can actually get hit. He's been a camp and 7on7 star but I wanna see him when live bullets are flying.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I'd like to see Trask play when he can actually get hit. He's been a camp and 7on7 star but I wanna see him when live bullets are flying.
That's my point...Neither we're "under live fire" during spring yet Franks folded up like a 5$ family dollar lawn chair anyway. We'll see what happens but I seriously doubt Franks will be the answer next year.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Trask will be the better player IMO. Willing to put some Ox bucks on it if that's even possible.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You're down to $120 buck Jay, you better save it for booze and motrin next season... ;)

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Franks will start only for macs job on the line next year he can run first and throw later. Hit a 8-10 yd curl route and you will do wonders in the sec

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Spring game was a long time ago. If Mac can't develop a QB that can find his open receivers by now then we are just screwed. Anytime soon is now.
Then with that mind set he has already failed. He had almost two years with Del Rio, and we can see that he isn't the Gator QB of the future. But you think he might have that in Franks? Look I am a pumper and Mac supporter, but I am also a realist. I have my doubts on Franks because of what I saw in both the O&B game and the Army All-American Bowl. I believe that he may have been overrated, and this staff lost our only future QB when they allowed Grier to transfer. Think about this for a second. We would had him for those games where we struggled in the second half of the season, and with the weapons we are developing at WR and RB we could be really good on Offense next year with a gun slinger.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I think if the coaching staff is "a man down", they should seriously consider putting SOS on the roster temporarily as QB coach, say through the Bowl game, assuming they likely won't be able to bring in a new position coach before then.

The most valuable thing SOS could do would be to convince Mac and Nuss that is absolutely okay to pull the string on a QB when he's not making the plays, and put in another guy. And to get the QBs to expect that, so their delicate egos don't get bruised.

And who knows, he might even be able to help them figure out where the open man is going to be, and when.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I'm willing to bet everything I have on Trash never taking a snap as a starter here unless injury or something forces him too....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Franks will definitely be the starter and Trask will be the backup imo

Normally I would say that but there is a possibility Franks has a little too much Driskel in him that the coaches can't get rid of.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think if the coaching staff is "a man down", they should seriously consider putting SOS on the roster temporarily as QB coach, say through the Bowl game.
Sos has admitted he doesnt even know the language of the plays.

Let it go. He retired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.