The Oxrageous Podcast Post-Game Thoughts

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Wow. Everyone settle down, we lost, not the end of the world and who cares if it was dropped or batted away? The catch wasnt made and theres no reason to get pissy with each other over it. Im proud of the effort our boys gave last night, even though I thought they played like tampons in the first half, they came out in the second half and made up for it by not giving up and playing their tails off. We did not deserve to win this game, yet we were in position to win it had a couple of plays bounced our way. All of the teams goals are still within reach, lets hope they can continue to improve and kick the crap out of the butt sniffers in a couple of weeks.

Go Gators!

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
we are staring down the barrel of a 3-1 October when at the beginning of the season we all thought it would be 1-3, at best.
yes, I think it was a missed opportunity for a W, and would like to have had it, but it's not and hopefully they can learn from, and build off of it.

GO :chomp:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Admittedly, I was a little ticked when the Calloway non-catch thing happened in real time. After the replay was shown, the defender made one hell of a play on the ball....no different than our dbs have done to guys a million and one times. The ball just bounced LSU's way that time.

Maybe it's a tad UT moral victory-ish to say, but if it takes piss poor home team slanted officiating(which we had to know we were going to get on the road in Death Valley), a flea flicker, and a fake field goal to beat us by a touchdown, I'm fine with that.

I was prouder of the way we played Saturday night than I was the two Saturdays prior when we obliterated Ole Miss.

I hope LSU beats Bama and we see them again in Atlanta. I'd love for us to have another crack at them on a neutral field.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I expect Bama to beat LSU and rep the West. They are the best team in the west. Our lines cannot compete with either of those teams right now. We need some studs on the lines. Bullard was MIA on Saturday.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm more upset about the refs taking away the obvious strip fumble recovery. A lot of the wind left the sails after that IMO. Defense went from lights out to dim real fast.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n299877 said:
I'm more upset about the refs taking away the obvious strip fumble recovery. A lot of the wind left the sails after that IMO. Defense went from lights out to dim real fast.

As much as I hate to say it, they made the correct call, and it was correct to call it confirmed.

If you watch the replay, Cox Jr flips over and his back is on the white line with the ball loose on his belly for a brief amount of time, it's fast, so you'll have to watch closely, or a couple of times.

[video=youtube_share;quz3MM_d3n8]https://youtu.be/quz3MM_d3n8[/video]

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
if your mad ox shut this bytch down, just so you know I love you:grouphug:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a little worried about Ox. Haven't seen him here in a few days. I hope he's not in the dungeon making a skin suit or something.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n300355 said:
I'm a little worried about Ox. Haven't seen him here in a few days. I hope he's not in the dungeon making a skin suit or something.

:lmao:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n300355 said:

"I'd ban me. I'd ban me so hard."

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n299889 said:
As much as I hate to say it, they made the correct call, and it was correct to call it confirmed.

If you watch the replay, Cox Jr flips over and his back is on the white line with the ball loose on his belly for a brief amount of time, it's fast, so you'll have to watch closely, or a couple of times.

[video=youtube_share;quz3MM_d3n8]https://youtu.be/quz3MM_d3n8[/video]

I'm going to have to disagree. I didn't see it as a bobble, but as him moving the ball. He had his hand on the ball and it rolled with his ball securing it to his body. That is still posession in my book. If the ball had come off his body then I would agree, but in this case i don't think that happened. It looks to me like he is rolling it from one hand to two so he can hold it up.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n300481 said:
I'm going to have to disagree. I didn't see it as a bobble, but as him moving the ball. He had his hand on the ball and it rolled with his ball securing it to his body. That is still posession in my book. If the ball had come off his body then I would agree, but in this case i don't think that happened. It looks to me like he is rolling it from one hand to two so he can hold it up.

I saw it the same way. He grabbed the ball before it went out of bounds. You could clearly see green between the sideline and the ball in one of the slow mo replays they showed. On top of that, if you watch closely and do some freeze frame action, he grabs the ball, pulls it towards him, his elbow lands on the ground, then his butt hits the ground, then his shoulder lands on the sideline. Then he rolls over. It's actually pretty damn clear in the slow mo replay. And the guys in the replay booth get to watch those slow mo replays frame by frame. It was a fumble and recovered in bounds. Home cooking at it's best in Death Valley. Throw in the refs refusal to throw the flag on 4Net when he punched Maye in the side of the helmet and it's pretty clear imo the home cooking was in full display Saturday night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.