The Oxrageous (video)Podcast Season 3 Preseason Special is up!

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
"As disciplined as Muschamp supposedly was, the play on the field really wasn't that disciplined"
Yep - good point.
I like Coach Mac's persona as well - we'll see how disciplined we look but I think they'll at least play smart football - especially on the offensive side of the ball.
And "let's watch some real football this year"

I didn't hear you answer SQ's question :dance:

Enjoyed it Ox - Thanks!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Smile you're on camera brother... very enjoyable. If I can just watch games without peeking between my fingers, rubbing my temples or shaking my head, I agree it will be an enjoyable season. We're almost there and the energy should be off the charts here on GC. Thanks for your efforts.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n264526 said:
Smile you're on camera brother... very enjoyable. If I can just watch games without peeking between my fingers, rubbing my temples or shaking my head, I agree it will be an enjoyable season. We're almost there and the energy should be off the charts here on GC. Thanks for your efforts.
Thanks man. And I like that "watch games without peeking through my fingers" - that really sums up the Muschamp era.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Great job, Ox! You got more comfortable as it went on. Are you using a compressor/limiter/ gate of any kind?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
not bad, not bad......

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n264544 said:
Great job, Ox! You got more comfortable as it went on. Are you using a compressor/limiter/ gate of any kind?
If I knew what the hell a compressor/limiter/gate was I'd answer your question. :ugh:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n264558 said:
If I knew what the hell a compressor/limiter/gate was I'd answer your question. :ugh:

No problem. We'll chat sometime. Be glad to help however I can.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just like when I started a this message board, I had no idea how to do anything. I just kind of dive in and figure it out, with a lot of help from Google along the way. I had never fooled around with chroma key or used the incredibly overcomplicated Adobe After Effects. I've only touched about 2% of what that product can do. These videos can be a lot better when I actually learn how to better utilize the software, but you practically have to be an engineer to figure a lot of it out.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A couple of minor things. Consider wearing a cap.... I never realized your forehead was as tall as it is. Also, I have some videos you might consider running in the background rather than pictures of Jeremy Foley or Will Whatshisname. But great job.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a link to the video podcast. I only get half the screen on mobile

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My bad. All you have to do is flip your phone to the side.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like an MXL CE90V mike. Pop filter would look bad on camera so you might wanna get a windscreen to cut down on plosives. I take it you're setting the camera, recording live, then doing the post stuff in your editing software. What program?

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n264422 said:
Great job Ox. Your point about the games being fun again is on the money. Hopefully that will be the case. It's been too long since Gator football has been fun. Two weeks till game time boys.
:chomp:
Really, even in the 11 win season, every game was like enduring a root canal. As the Chump said after A&M. "This is who we are." Scary fellow.

dphgator96

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Good job Ox. I did not hear anything from you or Jason that I disagree with. Here's to hoping that Gator Football will be enjoyable once again!!

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n264578 said:
My bad. All you have to do is flip your phone to the side.

:doh:

aka;n264580 said:
Looks like an MXL CE90V mike. Pop filter would look bad on camera so you might wanna get a windscreen to cut down on plosives.

I thought that the mike was added like the background.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
playzwtrux;n264655 said:
I thought that the mike was added like the background.
Funny my dad thought the same thing. The microphone is quite real, and it is a MXL.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, I think you did a great job. The only thing that I would add to what has already been said is to look into the camera, even when you are speaking with someone via video. To me, that's the hardest to remember at first, looking directly into the camera and not the monitor. Maybe set up your laptop behind, or next to the camera.

please don't take this as a knock, cause you do better than i do with video editing, just constructive criticism.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
playzwtrux;n264660 said:
Ox, I think you did a great job. The only thing that I would add to what has already been said is to look into the camera, even when you are speaking with someone via video. To me, that's the hardest to remember at first, looking directly into the camera and not the monitor. Maybe set up your laptop behind, or next to the camera.

please don't take this as a knock, cause you do better than i do with video editing, just constructive criticism.
You can't make me! :sadnanner:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Good job. My only comment is that it was a little too long for my tastes and wandered a little. Otherwise for a person who I assume is not a professional a very good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator