The snarky post-game Mac press conference thread

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I knew Ol' Hee Haw was going to mail it in while still in the 1st half, that he would never get off his lazy ass and do any sort of in-game coaching, and the Del Taco would be in to the last snap. This guy is at best a Div II coach; he's in WAY over his head. The USCe game may show that he's inferior to the chimp, and I thought that was simply not possible. Get ready to see this shyte thru the end of the year as the lopsided, mailed-in losses pile up.

Coaching search - start now.
We don't have to search. He's already here playing "ambassador."

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
110745.jpg

not doing too much better with the resources now...
I guess this explains why he's always asking about the damn popcorn sales.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I knew Ol' Hee Haw was going to mail it in while still in the 1st half, that he would never get off his lazy ass and do any sort of in-game coaching, and the Del Taco would be in to the last snap. This guy is at best a Div II coach; he's in WAY over his head. The USCe game may show that he's inferior to the chimp, and I thought that was simply not possible. Get ready to see this shyte thru the end of the year as the lopsided, mailed-in losses pile up.

Coaching search - start now.
Lose next week how can it not, I said it before, new AD needs to find his guy, and roll the dice, the current situation is not improving and the recruiting angle is even worse.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Mac signed his pink slip when he let Grier get away. It's time to move on. I think he'll get another year. But the coaching and play calling has been horrid. Bring back SOS and Charlie; coach still has a few years left in him and that's enough to reignite the program. I've had enough of this sh!t.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Mac
(1) You have some crap assistant coaches that need replacing.
(2) You don't have a prayers arse chance in this league if your don't start pulling in more 4* types, and your staff isn't getting it done.
(3) You talking this social services, boys club, boy scout leader rhetoric is not going to make a Championship team.
(4) Your coaching philosophy (again staff, especially O-line) is not producing a mentally and physically tough product on the field. You're too passive.
(5) You have not won any games really against the top competition in the league. Physical teams/rated teams kick your teams arse, that's on you. These last few seasons strength have been some of the easiest in many years (for those of us here longer than you). That's not impressive Coach.
(6) Your recruiting is rather subpar with no noticeable indication of improving and again the assistants may play into this.
(7) Michigan is relieved to have gotten rid of Nuss, but we have him now and look at our output.

**common denominator in my little uneducated take: poor assistants on staff**

IMHO

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I expected to hear his disguised excuse : "Every Gator's bound to wake up with a few fleas." ?? :confused:

Mac explained :
1) "gotta tip my hat to Bret" .... (he sure knows how to improve a team)
2) "as you go through life, things happen" (as you watch) :confused:
3) "as a winning QB, everybody is ready to put you on your shoulders." Picture you on your shoulders?
4) "in the summer, this is the game on your schedule you look to and wonder what's gonna happen??
>> What a go get'em coach ! He should have his thyroid function checked.
Alfred-E-Newman-what-me-worry.jpg

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Does this guy know even know he's talking to the fans of 3 time football National Champion Florida Gators??? We're not your pupils needing a lesson on life every time you open your mouth. We need you to recruit at a championship level and get coaches in here that can coach mental toughness and accountability. We need you to put the peter pan peanut butter sandwiches down and starting barking in players faces to get maximum performance. Wow. This guy may be disconnected from the reality of SEC ball despite his stent at the Machine.

Last edited:

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Actually seemed to be fairly contrite. Possibly to the point of it finally sinking in that he and his team are sucking ass.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Uk just ran the wildcat pretty much all game and will probably beat UGA and be the favorites to win the East now...someone should have asked Mac how it feels to have a team running a patchwork, gimmick, high school offense is going to win the East and scores more pts than Mac who said he could win with his dog as qb. Oh yeah...the team we beat by 40ish...

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I watched about 3 minutes and he was about to cry!!! WTF, how about a little fire? How many "well uh, well uh, well uh, until u actually not only identify the problem, what's ur plan to fix it? It's like he's looking for sympathy. Go back to Montana, or CSU, or wherever, good Lord.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I watched about 3 minutes and he was about to cry!!! WTF, how about a little fire? How many "well uh, well uh, well uh, until u actually not only identify the problem, what's ur plan to fix it? It's like he's looking for sympathy. Go back to Montana, or CSU, or wherever, good Lord.
He is the anti-Muschamp...he is just relaxed and calm. The team is taking on that mindset too much. We need a little fire!

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
  • “Guys, I’m very disappointed. The locker room’s disappointed, but you know, as you go through and things happen to you along the way you get a real opportunity to test yourself and see how we’re going to rebound next week at home. I just feel horrible for the Gator nation. Just the way everything kind of played out.”
  • “I still like our football team. I still like our guys. They understand what they let slip away, but the key is what you learn from it.”
  • Did you consider pulling QB Luke Del Rio: “Yeah, we did. And I just didn’t do it, but yeah it crossed our minds. … Just the way it was and we were going into two-minute and he had been handling it with the 1s."
  • “This was one of those games when you looked in the summer where it lied (on the schedule), you though, hmm, I wonder what’s going to happen.”
  • On expectations of running game after seeing what Auburn did to Arkansas: “I thought we could double team some guys and reestablish a line of scrimmage, I did. We didn’t. I mean, it wasn’t just the Auburn game. We felt … look, they just took it to us up front.”

What a joke!!!

"As you go through and things happen to you, you get to test yourself and see how we rebound next week." "Just the way everything played out." "The key is you learn from it." "Just the way it was and we were going into 2 minute...so I didn't pull LDR." "You looked in the summer where it lied and I wonder what's going to happen." "I thought we could double team some guys...We felt, look they just took it to us up front."

So things "just happen" to you and you test yourself next week. Did this idiot not realize that after the Tennessee game THAT TODAY WAS THE TEST??? And obviously, the team and the staff hasn't "learned" jack siht! You can't pull your QB at any point in the game b/c of the 2 minute drill?? Wondered what would happen b/c of where it lied? Or is it lay??? Why the eff does our O-line need to double team a DL that got gashed by Auburn 2 weeks ago? What did you feel? You're the king of butchering and not finishing sentences so we don't know what you feel or what you are saying. I'm beginning to feel that is the way you want it. If you can't produce, baffle everybody with BS. And good grief, how many times are we going to hear "just the way it was", "just the way it is", "wondered what was going to happen". It's like this jack wagon doesn't believe he is paid to and can proactively impact the game and the team BY COACHING THE PLAYERS UP!!! This passive "hey if I just show up maybe something good will happen" act is VERY OLD! Fcvk this guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.