The snarky post-game Mac press conference thread

g8torfan

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
OK, we couldn't run the ball against the 110th (or so) defense in the country which made us one dimensional and we have a Q.B. that sucks a$$ and is getting progressively WORSE by the week, reminds me of Treon who did the same thing last year. He started out great after the Grier debacle and wound up a dumpster fire. I couldn't believe I didn't see Appleby warming up at any point. Auburn runs for 543 yards 2 weeks ago and we gained 37 yards (less LDR's -25). What's the deal with McElwain sticking with Del Rio? Trying to prove a point? Doesn't want to break his spirit? I'll be glad to do it for him, "son, you suck and I'm sorry I have to be the one to tell you".... Number 2 defense in the country??? They looked more like 122 today. South Carolina isn't going to be very nervous after their last 2 games and LSU isn't either. NO WAY we should have postponed that game, Miami played through the "hurricane", S.C. waited and played the next day and now we have a road trip to Baton Rouge where it's hard to win with a great team and coaching staff. Pay the buy-out and if we can't talk Steve into coaching again see what needs to be done to get Les to Gainesville.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
why will it cost $20 million? Surely we don't have that kind of buy out?

Between McElwain's buyout, his staff's buyout, the new coach's buyout (I'd assume we're hiring a PROVEN coach, who's AD was smart enough to put in a buyout), and the new coaching staff....it will probably be WELL over $20 million.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
You can only hope that mac wakes up realizing this stubbornness will cost him his job. In reality he will keep doing what he's doing assuming the results will change. Fire nuss, bench del rio, show some damn emotion, just do something. I literally cannot believe where Gator football is at this point. Foley should be sued by the university for negligence for this chimp-Mac debacle.

g8torfan

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
Between McElwain's buyout, his staff's buyout, the new coach's buyout (I'd assume we're hiring a PROVEN coach, who's AD was smart enough to put in a buyout), and the new coaching staff....it will probably be WELL over $20 million.
Worth every penny.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The most damming statement from Mac was that he thought this team was prepared going into this game. This guy is obviously in way over his head. Hopefully the new AD is already starting his fund raising for a new head coach. If he needs time to raise money, then I'm sure Spurrier would be willing to be an interim coach for a year for cheap. But the sooner Mac is gone, the better.

g8torfan

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The most damming statement from Mac was that he thought this team was prepared going into this game. This guy is obviously in way over his head. Hopefully the new AD is already starting his fund raising for a new head coach. If he needs time to raise money, then I'm sure Spurrier would be willing to be an interim coach for a year for cheap. But the sooner Mac is gone, the better.
Absolutely! We should start a Go Fund Me page for Mac's buyout!

g8torfan

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
There's got to be a way to tie the coaches success into his buyout. You're a .500 coach, you get 50% of your buyout, your recruiting class is #23 in the nation, you lose so much of your buyout etc. There are always incentive packages tied into their contracts, that door should swing both ways. LSU and fsu are going to have a field day with us, on the road. So disappointing, so unnecessary...

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is one of those guys that thinks apologizing for poor play is the perfect answer for upset fans. He said that he thot about making a QB change but it was too late in the game :). You would have thot it would have entered his mind after the last two disastrous performance by Luke He was surprised that Florida was over-matched at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. This guy seems to regard fantasy as reality or does he not remember that he has only beaten 1 ranked team, Ole Miss, and that at home with a different QB and a QB that he really didn't like and seemed forced to play. Frankly, it just depresses the hell our of me.

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
He's lost. Deer in the headlights. Poor bastard doesn't even know what hit him.
Yeah, he had just got through saying that this was a good football team, he would take them anywhere. A middle of the pack west team just showed us how good we are. I'm beginning to think this guy is just plain stupid. Is he too stupid to see that Luke can't throw deep at all?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

tumblr_mf5wbjw3pM1s029eqo1_500.gif

Last edited:

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm so enraged by this country bumpkin, to think I would have ever been wishing for Will Muschamp back is unimaginable.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have a very large garage, big enough for a 30-foot boat. I needed something to tow it to the boat ramp. My fiancee thought she would surprise me by coming home with a new Nissan Versa with a trailer hitch. She said the salesman swore it would work. I didn't have the heart to tell her otherwise.

I'm posting from US 19 waiting on roadside assistance. I hope the boat doesn't get rear ended.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He's lost. Deer in the headlights. Poor bastard doesn't even know what hit him.
I think this started to show up last year in the second half of the season and any time we're equally matched talent wise or caught off guard on the field this staff has absolutely NO CLUE how to counter.....it's like they think football games are scripted and do not know how to adapt when things go differently...

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If the swoon continues, I'd think the powers that be will at least put Mac on notice. At this point I'm thinking that a $20mil sh!t sandwich will be easier to swallow if you have a better plan than we've had lately on who the next guy and, as importantly, who his staff is going to be. We are rapidly getting to the place that we will actually need to follow what Foley once said: "what needs to be done eventually may as well be done immediately!" Hell of a note.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have a very large garage, big enough for a 30-foot boat. I needed something to tow it to the boat ramp. My fiancee thought she would surprise me by coming home with a new Nissan Versa with a trailer hitch. She said the salesman swore it would work. I didn't have the heart to tell her otherwise.

I'm posting from US 19 waiting on roadside assistance. I hope the boat doesn't get rear ended.
Well, we got rear-ended yesterday, so I hope the theme doesn't continue for you brother. Might oughta take the vehicle back to the dealer and swap for a Titan. Come to think of it, I think Foley might have bought a Versa last time he went shopping ;)

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think this started to show up last year in the second half of the season and any time we're equally matched talent wise or caught off guard on the field this staff has absolutely NO CLUE how to counter.....it's like they think football games are scripted and do not know how to adapt when things go differently...
Ditto

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.