The Urban Meyer of now is a better coach

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you're asking me if the Meyer years were worth whatever crap we're going through now, my answer is absolutely, 100%.
Then don't complain about the **** we are going thru.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The shyt we are going through is not a requirement to have years like we did with Urb. It's a product of a series of piss poor decisions and management.
I did not say that. Ox said championships were all that mattered. I'd say have to do with ethics. Poor decisions to let the stars run the show and destroy the teamship...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was broken when Creyer left, but the two idiots that followed destroyed everything.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And that has what exactly to do with Urban Meyer?
The team collapsed under myer. Takes a damn good coach to rebuild. Some coaches don't want to rebuild teamship. Too many other issues to fix besides the locker room.

I think chump made some progress but stalled, maybe even slipped (and ****ed the roster up worse). Mac may have made minor but regressed definitely.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The team collapsed under myer. Takes a damn good coach to rebuild. Some coaches don't want to rebuild teamship. Too many other issues to fix besides the locker room.

I think chump made some progress but stalled, maybe even slipped (and ****ed the roster up worse). Mac may have made minor but regressed definitely.
GTFO of here with this "rebuild" BS. The team was not only already loaded with 4 and 5 star players, Meyer landed the #1 class on his way out the door. Even an average coach could have solved the "teamship" problem. Hiring a guy that punches chalkboards wasn't the answer.

Quit blaming Meyer for Foley effing up the hires.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GTFO of here with this "rebuild" BS. The team was not only already loaded with 4 and 5 star players, Meyer landed the #1 class on his way out the door. Even an average coach could have solved the "teamship" problem. Hiring a guy that punches chalkboards wasn't the answer.

Quit blaming Meyer for Foley effing up the hires.
WTF. Oh really? Running backs? How many scholly players did we have when he left?

BTW, my issue is with the Team, not the quality of the players. The team had collapsed.

And I am not giving Folley a pass on Mac. At the time, Chump should have been an OK hire.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Youre full of shyt Augusta. I listed the blue chip players by position a while back. Basically Butters landed a few more receivers and 1/4 of the bluechip QBs compared to Chimp.

He fvkking sucked at recruiting both defense and offense.

I know youre drunk often but that isnt an excuse.

If you look at this fvkking embarrassment of a Sunbelt type team and think "Ohhh Butters really built something" then there isnt much help for you.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You may be right. He was maintaining a precarious balance by that time between the control of his players and the W-L column. Newton had that monster season. The question is, could he have put up anywhere near those kind of numbers under our playcalling? Dunno.
Tebow put up some pretty monster years under our playcalling

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Youre full of shyt Augusta. I listed the blue chip players by position a while back. Basically Butters landed a few more receivers and 1/4 of the bluechip QBs compared to Chimp.

He fvkking sucked at recruiting both defense and offense.

I know youre drunk often but that isnt an excuse.

If you look at this fvkking embarrassment of a Sunbelt type team and think "Ohhh Butters really built something" then there isnt much help for you.
No you are full of shyt. We are talking about Urban...2010...not chump or mac.

What was the total weight of our running backs in 2010 and how many scholly players did we have?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tebow put up some pretty monster years under our playcalling

If my calibration is correct, Newton would have been starting in 2009 or 2010 with Daz calling the plays.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Worst bowl blowout in program history, already with a loss, sneaked to a lucky win last week, and now he's losing by 3 TD to a team Mac beat 30-3. Looks like the pressure's getting to him and that esophagus is as tighter than an ants anus.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Worst bowl blowout in program history, already with a loss, sneaked to a lucky win last week, and now he's losing by 3 TD to a team Mac beat 30-3. Looks like the pressure's getting to him and that esophagus is as tighter than an ants anus.
Yawn. You are welcome to hate him, but he isn't quitting Ohio State. It's his dream job and always has been. He's far happier there than he ever was here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.